Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 21st, 2022, 04:41 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

Is it correct to assume that the Haslab has not yet opened up to areas other than North America as of yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old October 21st, 2022, 04:47 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
Is it correct to assume that the Haslab has not yet opened up to areas other than North America as of yet?
No, I believe they are open to EU now but it’s a EU web address.
Old October 21st, 2022, 04:51 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Simply adding color to the box art really makes a huge difference from that drab box image that was on the has lab previously.

I knew it wouldn’t look like that in the end, but it was upsetting every time I saw it. I tried not to accidentally scroll onto it but now it’s slappin!
Old October 21st, 2022, 04:53 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
They admitted they know they are eliminating a demographic by not having a lower buy in option and they decided that was ok. I think that’s a mistake when you have limited reach and a smaller fan base. You need everyone you can get. The low hanging fruit I was referencing are the ones who would pay less for less.
I'd be interested to hear what kind of market research they did that made them think they could afford to eliminate demographics. They've eliminated most demographics out there that aren't in two or three countries, just off the bat. They've eliminated the prepainting only demographic. Their marketing suggests largely depending on the existing player demographic. They seemed poised to eliminate a lot of the nostalgia demographic with a change to card shapes and even now with a change to the card layouts, and with a decision to largely avoid straight up historical figures. They eliminated the mini only demographic and the terrain only demographic. They eliminated the casual interest/impulse buy demographic. They limited the common add on demographic.

Like I understand that they have individual reasons for all of these choices and they could easily justify to themselves and us why they made these choices. Just like they could easily justify that the game is expensive and why they need millions of dollars from us to start up and the almost $700k the community has largely raised for them is not close to enough.

But when you add together all the demographics they're eliminating and all the profit they're asking for, I have to start wondering: where did they think the money was going to come from? And did they get it right? Is it still on its way?

Quote:
I believe it's been open to the UK and Canada and some parts of Western Europe and that it's not going to open up to other areas. There is a partnership with another company that lets Australians back it for like $800 a pop.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 21st, 2022, 04:53 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
UK is separate, EU is separate (four countries, can't remember which, other than Germany)--they've been active for a couple weeks now?
Old October 21st, 2022, 05:05 PM

randum is surprisingly tart

They just updated the page with the character cards today:
https://hasbropulse.com/blogs/avalon...ion-compendium

Edit:
Queen Maladrix The Conqueror has some updated stats:
- - Skordyre --> Skodyre
- - Devourer --> Queen
- - H12 --> H13
- - Infestation power description:
- - - - - "...you may place one of your previously destroyed..."
- - - - - "...you may place one of your destroyed..." (there's an extra space on the card)
- - There's also a grammar error in the last power:
- - - - - "...you may first take a turn with Festering Honor Guard you control."
Old October 21st, 2022, 05:26 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, the idea of a big company just turning away money when customers want to give it to them is foreign to me. The reality is people are different, with different needs, different wants, different resources, different priorities, different likes, different budgets, living in different situations, etc. Some customers are going to want lots of terrain. Some customers are going to want only the minis. Some will want some combination of both without getting everything. Some customers are going to want multiples of specific minis, just one copy of some, and none of others. Some can only afford to make a small purchase right now. Others can spend a great deal, but need some reason to spend that money. To tell all the potential customers of your product that they can only buy one specific (large) set of different items at one specific (substantial) price, no exceptions, seems rather crazy.

They could have raised more money from me, and many others, but they refuse to let us give it to them. I've definitely pledged more than $250 for a game/mini's/terrain fund raising campaign, but I was able to tailor my pledge to meet my needs/desires. I've also pledged much less, when I only was interested in a few things being offered. Those smaller pledges still added to the pot of money raised and helped reach or surpass the funding goals.
Old October 21st, 2022, 05:58 PM

Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker

The Haslab page looks great now! Likewise the sculpts, the new units cards and stats, the new terrain. Overall it looks very Heroscapey to me, while being updated in interesting ways. My main knocks are unpainted, which I now understand, and the lack of historical units, which I don't. Overall though it's very exciting and a huge amount of stuff.

But, I think they still need to do more, or it doesn't seem like it's going to make it. Mainly, extend the deadline. Second, do a big marketing push, using the right channels (whatever they may be, beats me). And please, somehow find a way to add lower-cost options. A $100-120 set, a terrain pack, etc.
Old October 21st, 2022, 06:00 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@IAmBatman , and @Yodaking , all your points are spot on exactly with what I'm thinking. I'm no stranger to kickstarters myself. I've spent plenty of money on most of the ones I backed. Most were around 100 to start, but I ended up spending much more. It's pretty ridiculous that they don't want to include the rest of us in their target audience. If they covered your points they'd probably get easily twice the amount they need. @Knox , I get what you're after but no thank you. I don't have any interest in splitting things, paying extra shipping, dealing with any middleman fees, or shenanigans. At what point would you be qualified in determining what is worth what in the box since you aren't the one manufacturing it? In no way is this comment supposed to affend you, just facts of the matter. If the huge company running a kickstarter project can't seem to make it to where I just do business directly to them, I'm not interested. They could do these changes if they wanted. It's been done. Many times. It should be even easier since it's on their own platform? If there were a pack that had just the miniatures at a price comparable to the pricing they are doing with the full set I'd probably pick it up.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 21st, 2022, 06:16 PM

randum is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
And please, somehow find a way to add lower-cost options. A $100-120 set, a terrain pack, etc.

Terrain pack por favor.
Old October 21st, 2022, 06:18 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by randum View Post
- - There's also a grammar error in the last power:
- - - - - "...you may first take a turn with Festering Honor Guard you control."
It's right, it just reads awkwardly. "Festering Honor Guard" is a unit.
Old October 21st, 2022, 06:23 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Shouldn't it still be "a Festering Honor Guard"?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion