Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old November 29th, 2021, 07:52 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: C3V/SoV-inclusive Power Rankings

What's the standard start zone size these days? I'm a fairly efficient army builder, so I tend to fill both all my points and all my start zone spots and it doesn't feel like a corner case to me to give up a spot for a 0 point (and possibly zero impact) figure. Even if the drafting cost is zero, the playing cost is still that start zone spot that could be filled by another, more expensive, more impactful figure.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 29th, 2021, 09:36 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
What's the standard start zone size these days? I'm a fairly efficient army builder, so I tend to fill both all my points and all my start zone spots and it doesn't feel like a corner case to me to give up a spot for a 0 point (and possibly zero impact) figure. Even if the drafting cost is zero, the playing cost is still that start zone spot that could be filled by another, more expensive, more impactful figure.
Anywhere from 14 - 24 spaces; it really depends on the tournament.

General tendency though is that Cheese / Bring-1 type formats have higher SZs (20-24) & things like Reverse the Whip have lower SZs (14-18 ) ; but that's just my observation over the past 5 years and far from a hard and fast rule.

But I think the relevant point Dok is trying to make is that you could always just sit a 0-point Otonashi whenever you're over the SZ restriction without any disadvantage.
Old November 29th, 2021, 09:38 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I've long felt that the size of start zones is an underrated factor in the metagame, particularly for Valhallascape. If y'all want to de-emphasize squadscape and 10 point fillers and emphasize Unique Heroes more, then path is smaller start zones.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 29th, 2021, 02:12 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think the real question to Isamu's ranking and power level is would Marcu be an A+ if Isamu did not exist?

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old November 29th, 2021, 07:05 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I've long felt that the size of start zones is an underrated factor in the metagame, particularly for Valhallascape. If y'all want to de-emphasize squadscape and 10 point fillers and emphasize Unique Heroes more, then path is smaller start zones.
Also though, the game has shifted some from start zone restrictions over to figure restrictions to account for double space squads.
Old November 29th, 2021, 07:21 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

I think Isamu is inherently hard to rank because he's so high variance. I could see him as low as B+ to be honest. You don't even want to activate him if you're winning the game, and you'd like to be able to use your points and spaces more efficiently than to include him. He's like end game insurance or hope that usually won't pan out.

My real surprise here is seeing the trons below A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 29th, 2021, 07:24 PM

Who’s this clown?

j/k good to see you, Jexik!

Old November 29th, 2021, 07:31 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I haven't been relevant for awhile.

It was fun to join Mike's podcast for a day though. I've strongly been considering selling what's left of my collection, just because I don't know when I'll play again, and if I do play at a tournament or something, I can always borrow figures.

Trons are one of the few armies I've kept. And I think I have Isamu too.

Quote:
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 29th, 2021, 07:37 PM

I mean, he IS A+.

Old November 29th, 2021, 08:27 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Yeah, I haven't been relevant for awhile.

It was fun to join Mike's podcast for a day though. I've strongly been considering selling what's left of my collection, just because I don't know when I'll play again, and if I do play at a tournament or something, I can always borrow figures.

Trons are one of the few armies I've kept. And I think I have Isamu too.
It was great to have you on! I haven’t recorded anything recently, but I’d love to have you on again!

Me (and Vegie, and others) think Marcu is better than Isamu. Marcu always provides value. He doesn’t really have quite as high a ceiling (I mean, I’ve personally killed 6 Stingers and an enemy Marcu, and seen other Marcus kill full-life Q10 and Charos in tourney games), but it’s really not a big deal so long as they’re close. I personally moved Isamu down to A- because I view him as a much worse (but much cheaper) version of the Airborne.
Old November 29th, 2021, 08:49 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Me (and Vegie, and others) think Marcu is better than Isamu. Marcu always provides value. He doesn’t really have quite as high a ceiling (I mean, I’ve personally killed 6 Stingers and an enemy Marcu, and seen other Marcus kill full-life Q10 and Charos in tourney games), but it’s really not a big deal so long as they’re close. I personally moved Isamu down to A- because I view him as a much worse (but much cheaper) version of the Airborne.
Yeah, especially with the popularity of Wannok, Marcu very often does something, even without order markers. I think when left with exactly 20 points, I'd take Marcu 9/10 times over Isamu. Few figures are good at double their price point though.... on the other hand, I don't think Isamu gets noticeably better at 5 points outside of like maybe Nilfheim, Gilbert or Arrow Gruts builds.

Quote:
Old December 2nd, 2021, 02:12 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I, too, would take Marcu over Isamu at 20 points. It's not surprising Marcu is better - he costs twice as much!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs