Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old May 17th, 2014, 11:52 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Top 11 Most Frequently Overlooked (yet [ab]used) Rul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidoosh1500 View Post
This looks great! I only have one question.
So say a figure with a height of 8 (like Krug) was adjacent to a figure with a height of five (like Sgt Drake). Say Sgt Drake's base is three levels above Krug's base. Does Sgt Drake still have height advantage and roll an extra di when attacking Krug and an extra di when defending from him?
Yes, Drake does still get height advantage bonuses. You only take height of a figure into account for adjacency reasons, and when figuring out if you have major height advantage or not.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 18th, 2014, 02:25 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
So say a figure with a height of 8 (like Krug) was adjacent to a figure with a height of five (like Sgt Drake). Say Sgt Drake's base is three levels above Krug's base. Does Sgt Drake still have height advantage and roll an extra di when attacking Krug and an extra di when defending from him?
Yes. Only the relative position of the bases matter. Yes, its odd, but its a game, not a simulation.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 18th, 2014, 08:42 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Yes. Only the relative position of the bases matter. Yes, its odd, but its a game, not a simulation.
I like to think of it as size has already been calculated into your stats. Plus, it would be much easier for a human to take on a troll if he was an extra foot closer to his neck.

Last edited by yamissflash; May 21st, 2014 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Justification for the win!
Old March 5th, 2021, 10:45 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
10. Special attacks never receive any bonuses. Even Sujoah's Lethal Sting doesn't get the benefit of Lodin.
I never knew this. I always just thought the range and attack couldn't receive bonuses. Are there other special attacks that also use a d20?
Old March 5th, 2021, 10:46 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1998 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
10. Special attacks never receive any bonuses. Even Sujoah's Lethal Sting doesn't get the benefit of Lodin.
I never knew this. I always just thought the range and attack couldn't receive bonuses. Are there other special attacks that also use a d20?
Estivara

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; March 5th, 2021 at 10:47 PM. Reason: I may or may not have lost a Gen con main event to that special attack...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's