Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 17th, 2021, 08:52 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Casters of Valhalla

I’ve been catching up on these and really enjoying them. In the Strategy episode with Jexik I really thought of the difference between strategy and tactics. Army construction, which I think was covered really well falls under strategy more, whereas ideas like development, tethering, IGPV, and risking it when down are more tactical ideas.

Must say I’m really looking forward to a future map discussion episode. I remember the days where split start zones were starting to happen and there weren’t many BftU maps around. Moltenclaw killed the lava capped FotA arguments, and I’m curious what other general concepts for mapmaking are still out there and alive and unattempted (negative space as LOS blockers?)
Old February 19th, 2021, 03:36 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
I’ve been catching up on these and really enjoying them. In the Strategy episode with Jexik I really thought of the difference between strategy and tactics. Army construction, which I think was covered really well falls under strategy more, whereas ideas like development, tethering, IGPV, and risking it when down are more tactical ideas.

Must say I’m really looking forward to a future map discussion episode. I remember the days where split start zones were starting to happen and there weren’t many BftU maps around. Moltenclaw killed the lava capped FotA arguments, and I’m curious what other general concepts for mapmaking are still out there and alive and unattempted (negative space as LOS blockers?)
Hey, thanks for listening! Yeah, I'm hoping to record the map-making episode early this summer, but it'll depend on whether I can get the secret guest to record with us...
Old February 19th, 2021, 09:46 PM

MKPlusUltra is surprisingly tart

I’ve worked at my current job for over 8 years now and this is the first podcast I’ve ever downloaded on to my phone so that I can listen to while I work. Just got back in to the game after like 10 years and I’m soaking up all this information like a sponge! I can literally feel myself becoming a better Scaper while I’m listening to you guys.

Never been to Gencon, never played in a tournament, never really played competitively. You guys are changing the way I think about units, maps, battles and army builds. Wish I woulda come back in to the game sooner so I could have got some cons in before COVID crippled the amazing social aspect of this game.

Love the casts, keep em comin. Only on episode 7 but I just had to tell you guys that at least one of the two people listening has never played competitive scape and even though I’ve never been too competitive, I still enjoy listening to you guys talk about this game I (we) love so much.
Old February 19th, 2021, 11:16 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKPlusUltra View Post
I’ve worked at my current job for over 8 years now and this is the first podcast I’ve ever downloaded on to my phone so that I can listen to while I work. Just got back in to the game after like 10 years and I’m soaking up all this information like a sponge! I can literally feel myself becoming a better Scaper while I’m listening to you guys.

Never been to Gencon, never played in a tournament, never really played competitively. You guys are changing the way I think about units, maps, battles and army builds. Wish I woulda come back in to the game sooner so I could have got some cons in before COVID crippled the amazing social aspect of this game.

Love the casts, keep em comin. Only on episode 7 but I just had to tell you guys that at least one of the two people listening has never played competitive scape and even though I’ve never been too competitive, I still enjoy listening to you guys talk about this game I (we) love so much.
Hey, thanks so much for the kind words! I'm glad you're enjoying it, and it's really cool to see the energy you're bringing to the game with your unboxings! The tourneys will be back soon enough!
Old February 19th, 2021, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Quote:

Hey, thanks so much for the kind words! I'm glad you're enjoying it, and it's really cool to see the energy you're bringing to the game with your unboxings! The tourneys will be back soon enough!
I really hope so. You guys make Gencon sound like a damn good time. I hope to make it out to one. I havnt heard you guys talk about anyone from California so if I’m able to go someday, I will definitely be bringing a Cali Crew! (Even if it’s just me and my bro haha) And Thank you, I’m honored you gave my stuff a watch! Looking forward to more cast content and more learning new strategies to blindside my brother with!!
Old February 19th, 2021, 11:37 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I really hope so. You guys make Gencon sound like a damn good time. I hope to make it out to one. I havnt heard you guys talk about anyone from California so if I’m able to go someday, I will definitely be bringing a Cali Crew! (Even if it’s just me and my bro haha) And Thank you, I’m honored you gave my stuff a watch! Looking forward to more cast content and more learning new strategies to blindside my brother with!!
It's definitely worth it if you can make it out! Yeah, I'm not sure I know anyone who's come from California off the top of my head. We have some Pacific Northwest players like Dysole, but I'm not sure if we have anyone regular from California.
Old February 19th, 2021, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's definitely worth it if you can make it out! Yeah, I'm not sure I know anyone who's come from California off the top of my head. We have some Pacific Northwest players like Dysole, but I'm not sure if we have anyone regular from California.
For sure! Been trying to start teaching my good friends who have been watching my series how to play. So maybe by the next Gencon I really will have a California squad to come with me. Also once my son gets old enough, he’s going to learn how to play too whether he likes it or not haha! I already know I’m going to be “that dad” I’ll continue to do my small part to keep the Flames of Heroscape burning from all the way out here in Cali! I know you will be doing the same!
Old February 20th, 2021, 09:37 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Menchi and that group came from California, I think... probably been awhile since they came though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old February 20th, 2021, 03:07 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Menchi and that group came from California, I think... probably been awhile since they came though.
Yup, Menchi (who I think went 4-1 day 1) and RoninValentina were a part of that group in I think ‘09 or ‘10. I’ve been to both NorCal and SoCal tournaments but neither group was as big or GenCon focused in their heyday as the New England, DFW, or Iowan groups.
Old February 27th, 2021, 06:34 PM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

Just want to say I tuned into this podcast today and I love it! Love that you go in depth with strategy and the meta of the game. You guys really make me want to play and buy units I don’t own. When things get better I plan on going to Gencon. I’m part of the Southern California Heroscape group and we haven’t met up in a long time.

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old February 27th, 2021, 10:02 PM
Under Taro's Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leotheanimal87 View Post
Just want to say I tuned into this podcast today and I love it! Love that you go in depth with strategy and the meta of the game. You guys really make me want to play and buy units I don’t own. When things get better I plan on going to Gencon. I’m part of the Southern California Heroscape group and we haven’t met up in a long time.
You should try out the online interface! I just played in Season 39 and signups for Season 40 are on. Convenient way to get in some competitive games (or casual ones too if you schedule outside of the "seasons")
Old February 28th, 2021, 10:41 PM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leotheanimal87 View Post
You should try out the online interface! I just played in Season 39 and signups for Season 40 are on. Convenient way to get in some competitive games (or casual ones too if you schedule outside of the "seasons")
I’ll definitely check it out. I’ve been curious about it from a far, but never really pulled the trigger cause I like actually playing in person. With my new job giving some more free time I’ll look into doing some causal games first before going into a tournament.

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion