Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 11th, 2021, 12:07 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Casters of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garenex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garenex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Thanks for letting me on the show and putting it up! And now for some links...

Original What's in an Order Marker article:

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=12071

OM II

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=12139

OM IV

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=16962

Here's a link to the battle report that I referenced when talking about OM IV.

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=15225
So I gotta ask, and sorry if it was mentioned and I missed it, was there a What's in an Order Marker part III?
Yup, here's the link:

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=13875

It's just not relevant to us because we don't play with customs.
Thanks! Apparently my skill with the websites search functions is lacking, as I know I looked for it...

Really enjoyed the discussion regarding sportsmanship and die rolling etiquette. My games have generally employed the same practices, that being to re-roll anything that falls off the table, and if too many dice are rolled, it always hurts the one who made the mistake, by assuming the skulls/shields were the extra dice. Unless your brand new and still learning the game, but most of the time newbies roll too few...
Thanks so much for listening! Sounds like you've made it through all of them; I'll have to get the next one up soon...
Old February 11th, 2021, 12:11 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Looking around a bit, it seems like I actually wrote at least 7 “OM” articles. 5 is in the competitive armies section and 6 and 7 are in my blog on this site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old February 11th, 2021, 12:19 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Looking around a bit, it seems like I actually wrote at least 7 “OM” articles. 5 is in the competitive armies section and 6 and 7 are in my blog on this site.
Links please!
Old February 11th, 2021, 01:06 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Drive By

I'm not 100% sure where things are but I seem to recall some talk about economics of Scape which was fascinating.

~Dysole, who internalized a lot of principles but can't remember any specifics at all
Old February 11th, 2021, 05:04 PM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Next topic planned for the podcast?
No idea. I have a list of topics, and I usually choose it the day before the recording, depending on who's going to be available to cast that day.
I found a thread I will read through, but if you are keeping track of requests, I would love to hear a discussion of Full vs Partial card scoring in tournaments.

Full card scoring sounds like it's the norm, though my tournament experience is limited. Is it for simplicity's sake that it is used more often? Which way favors heroes vs squads?

OG Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!

The new collection begins...again...hopefully...at some point...maybe...CMON Renegade!
Old February 11th, 2021, 06:10 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
From What I Recall

GC uses Full Card Scoring although I like Partial Card Scoring more (and I think OHS uses that for any games called on time). I don't think I've seen one having a strong preference across tournaments though
Old February 11th, 2021, 08:21 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Partial Card Scoring is a little more complex (having to do math, and how do I round the number?) but in a competitive scene it also keeps people from being dumb and just running away with a single squad figure until time is up. most people won't, but in a setting where people want to win, it's completely valid - though very unfun- and so I do partial card scoring at any of my tournaments. It rewards people for actually playing the game and not retreating single squad figures to win on points.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 11th, 2021, 09:05 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

As a tournament director, I find full card scoring to be much more time consuming, because a tournament director attempting to justify its use may have to spend *hours* defending it from all the people who know that partial card scoring is superior.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 11th, 2021, 09:57 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

^yes partial card scoring 100%

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 11th, 2021, 10:19 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Yeah, sorry, we definitely won't cover this for... reasons...
Old February 12th, 2021, 08:35 AM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Yeah, sorry, we definitely won't cover this for... reasons...
Haha, I think I understand. I gave up reading that thread around page 3, as the discussion had quickly degenerated.

I think I like PCS more, as it is a more accurate representation of how much damage the two sides did to each other, but in a larger scale tournament where you need things to continue to move quickly, I can see the advantage of FCS.

OG Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!

The new collection begins...again...hopefully...at some point...maybe...CMON Renegade!
Old February 12th, 2021, 05:15 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Honestly I like SOS a lot more as it is easier to calculate and people will forfeit when they know they lost as opposed to play out for points. However if it is ranked by scoring I like partial to avoid camping/running away issues. My only wish was Mezzodemon markers counted as 1/2 a figure, as I have a lost a couple games on time by a few points as multiple squads of Mezzodemons were used but took me forever to get through the markers.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion