Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old January 26th, 2021, 10:42 PM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Grim Reaper (Breathing)

I know the Ionic Imbalance thing is supposed to be for Erik Josten (Atlas) but that version of his character was from his time with the Thunderbolts. Did he have an Ionic Imbalance issue when he was powerman that was ever mentioned? I know it comes up a ton when he is Atlas.

Was Simon Williams (wonder Man) ever a member of the legion willingly?
Old January 26th, 2021, 10:54 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xael Raymand View Post
I know the Ionic Imbalance thing is supposed to be for Erik Josten (Atlas) but that version of his character was from his time with the Thunderbolts. Did he have an Ionic Imbalance issue when he was powerman that was ever mentioned? I know it comes up a ton when he is Atlas.

That power call out was more so for Wonder Man, and he was part of Grim Reaper's 3rd Lethal Legion in Dark Reign as well as them both have a love hate relationship. As far as Erik goes, that is a good question and I am not exactly sure on that one.
Old January 26th, 2021, 10:58 PM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xael Raymand View Post

That power call out was more so for Wonder Man, and he was part of Grim Reaper's 3rd Lethal Legion in Dark Reign as well as them both have a love hate relationship. As far as Erik goes, that is a good question and I am not exactly sure on that one.
No worries, just curious. I know he’s always had a bad relationship with Simon (West Coast Avengers). I’ve only read Dark Reign Avengers didn’t realize he was part of the Lethal Legion during that time.
Old January 26th, 2021, 10:59 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll View Post
I'll have to think on that one, losing Viper's benefits would kinda suck
coincidentally, that's a figure I was actually worried about.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 26th, 2021, 11:42 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What about something like this:

Quote:
LETHAL LEGION
At the start of the game you may choose a Unique Hero you control. For the entire game, the chosen figure has the class of Criminal/Terrorist in addition to what is listed on its card. If every Army Card you control has the class of Criminal, Mercenary, or Terrorist, after revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Grim Reaper, you may take an immediate turn with any Unique Hero you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Grim Reaper, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.
It would widen up options (but Wonder Man could still be a shoo-in when playing for theme or "Unique Hero with the Ionic Imbalance special power" could be the first sentence still), while possibly avoiding whatever is in the Sanctum with Terrorist bonding.
Also, I'm not super familiar with the Grim Reaper/Lethal Legion, but is/are this guy/these guys really Terrorist level bad, I thought that was reserved for fascist/HYDRA types.

Last edited by Splash; January 27th, 2021 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Terrorist/Criminal, drop Fighter
Old January 27th, 2021, 12:00 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Is it thematic for him to do a lot of recruiting? My (fairly vague) lunchbox impression of this guy is not as one who would be talking Hulk into being a Terrorist.

What if the class change were just for his brother and you rolled with the rest of what you have there?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 27th, 2021, 12:03 AM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

With Ionic Imbalance
Quote:
LETHAL LEGION
At the start of the game you may choose a Unique Hero with the Ionic Imbalance special power you control. For the entire game, the chosen figure has the class of Criminal in addition to what is listed on its card. If at least four Army Cards you control have the class of Criminal, Mercenary, or Terrorist, after revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Grim Reaper, you may take an immediate turn with any Unique Hero you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Grim Reaper, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.
If we dropped "you control" after the first sentence he could also spoil Wonder Man/Atlas a bit if they are on the other side with an "instead of" and it would save a couple words. Brother Eric drudging up their old reputation or something.

Last edited by Splash; January 27th, 2021 at 01:08 AM. Reason: all -> at least four
Old January 27th, 2021, 12:17 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

That limits army building greatly.

Not seeing the dual class concern. What is the army build you are worried about if Grim makes 4 figures Terrorist in addition to what their current class? If I could see the stacking of synergy at play maybe I'd understand the issue better and agree. Having played Viper quite a bit, I'd welcome being able to build a smaller army and achieve the +5 initiative boost.
Old January 27th, 2021, 12:59 AM

I don't know of any major synergy issues, the main thing to me is I don't know how thematic it is. From what I've read he and his Legion seem like more get revenge on the Avengers villains without super close HYDRA affiliation and I kinda see him as more of a regular Criminal villain. If we want someone to form a villain to HYDRA pipeline another Zemo might be more fitting, or Silvermane could do it with Criminals, or if we're reaching Count Nefaria or maybe Madame Masque could make Criminals into Terrorists. I am very much looking forward to a G.I. Joe wave, COBRA could totally do that kinda stuff. Doctor Faustus or Doctor Mindbender could probably get anybody. Power Broker might be able to blackmail Criminals for class changes.

If that power idea was used, this edit might open it up a bit more "If at least four Army Cards you control have the class of Criminal, Mercenary, or Terrorist,".
edit: I think that works better, I'll change it to that. Also if Wonder Man and Swordsman were Terrorists, I don't think they would have let them in the Avengers. Actually scratch that, Pietro and Wanda ran around with Mags.

Last edited by Splash; January 27th, 2021 at 01:23 AM.
Old January 27th, 2021, 01:01 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

One man’s freedom fighter is another man’s terrorist.

If you've never heard that phrase before, it's because you are too locked into the more recent historical events as defined by 9/11. Both before that, and even since then, people in power have thrown around the label Terrorist at anyone who opposes them. So for a group of Fighters to suddenly find themselves labeled Terrorist by someone else isn't very surprising or off theme.

Don't get so caught up in labels here, Grim making people Terrorist in addition to their current class is simply for mechanical reasons. Pulling together a bunch of different cards is already hard enough here, we don't need to also make the out going synergy cover multiple classes.

The West Coast Redemption team concept that came to me is just that, a redemption story. Wonder Man and Tigra were lovers during their WCA story. Thing teamed up with the WCA for a time. Grim is Wonder Man's brother. Grim comes to Wonder Man and asks him for help with something that is not evil. Wonder Man agrees to give him a second chance, and asks Tigra and Thing to come along and back him up in case everything is not what it seems. They head out, but come under attack by some evil organization intent on stopping them. A TV crew sees the fighting, instantly zeroes in on Grim Reaper, and the coverage then becomes about how some 'terrorist' are attacking an unknown target. They may have been labeled terrorists, but that's not what they are. Tigra and Thing are both still just fighters, which is why they have both classes instead of losing one for the other.
Old January 27th, 2021, 07:54 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If the class is something where we’re fudging theme just for mechanical hooks, why Terrorist? HYDRA synergy doesn’t really make sense here. Maybe he should just make them Mercenaries or Criminals or Menaces?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 27th, 2021, 10:09 AM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If I cut Fighter out, I can just make alternate versions of Swordsman and Wolverine... eventually. I think Criminals and Mercenaries becoming Terrorist is not that unthematic. One is evil in nature while the other is evil for money.

I was going for a double edged sword here where you can make a Lethal Legion army or a HYDRA army, or even a mix of both and still be synergistic. Terrorist is a great class to use in my opinion. Terrorist spread fear, what is scarier that a hero that is now a villain out of no where.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library