Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 2nd, 2011, 03:02 AM

Phoxly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I found RotV for $50

Now I am having second thoughts if this craigslist buyer is worth it, I mean yeah I would LOVE it, but I've been looking around online, I have D&D, Marro, and maybe 5 expansion packs from the last 3 waves.

I could drop $50 on Auggies when a good sale comes up, or I could buy this... I don't know if it's worth it.

3 weeks ago when I first started my HS rampage I would have got it in a heartbeat.

I actually "play" the game. More than I collect. I remember RoTV having a lot of fun pieces though.

They want $50 cash. I'll probably run a quick figure count and make sure it's all there, all that jazz.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 05:17 AM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker
Re: I found RotV for $50

It used to be $40 but nowadays, $50 is not a bad price. So long as the set is complete and the stuff in pretty good shape. 4 months ago, I scored my RotV for $60, my consolation was that it was brand new, 1st Edition and I didn't have to pay for it to be shipped.

To buy or not to buy? That really depends on your need. You want more terrain or more figures? If you need terrain, go for it. If you are more interested with the figures of RotV, they are pretty cheap and easy to find. Heck, if you be good and make friends here, someone wouldn't hesitate sending you RotV figures.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 05:24 AM

CanScape has disabled reputation

50 bux is what I paid for my very first set at TRU over five years ago, CDN dollars.

If you don't have this set, BUY IT. You could go about piecing a set together on ebay, but even then you're only going to save about 20 bux per set and that's not including shipping.

These sets, as strange as it may seem, follows the same line on the ever-dwindling supply of waves: see Scape, buy Scape! Especially if you don't have an RotV yet...as long as it's complete, you're getting your money's worth.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 07:05 AM

BattleTweety has disabled reputation

Prices are getting crazy. I bought my first heroscape ROTV for $30 here in australia. I liked it so much I went back and bought 3 more sets for $30 each. Now I can't buy a return to the forgotten forest expansion pack for under $60 if it gets onto ebay. (thats without trees...)

Now I find auggies is selling single figures for upwards of $13 and popular squads for $20 each. sheesh. If you ALL start selling at once, we can control the market and birng prices down. I vote you all do that so i can finish my collection more cheaply..

BT
Old February 2nd, 2011, 09:00 AM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation

I would say that you should most definitely get it. Now, it's almost impossible to even find ROTV for sale. If there were any parts of it you wouldn't want, you could sell those, and most likely get a bit of the $50 back, for example, if you didn't think you would ever use the 6 Grass 24-hex, those are in high demand for people who want more terrain, so you could get a bit for those.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 11:19 AM

jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker

I would echo the sentiments of the other posters.

See 'Scape, especially hard to find 'Scape, BUY IT!

ROTV is considered one of the best values, even at that slightly inflated price you are getting a lot for your money.
You get lots and lots of terrain and lots of figures. Plus they are all unique, so you won't feel pressure to buy multiples of any of them (well, some of us are compelled to buy 5 and 10 ...).

Just make sure everything is there ... if not, negotiate it down.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 12:23 PM

Phoxly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I think I'll give in and buy it from that guy. Maybe give him $55 if they can meet me somewhere like a walmart parking lot, since he is about an hour drive from me in Henderson (I live in Las Vegas).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion