Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old August 12th, 2010, 09:39 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Upcoming Eastern PA / MD / NJ Events

I have to appologize for disapearing for a while. March, April, and May were hectic for me (school musical, new girlfriend, etc.). Thanks to clancampbell for covering may.

Those of you whom I saw at Gen-Con, you can skip this part. My location changed their rental policy. So unfortunately I won't be able to host any events until I find a new location (or you all would have to pay a little more, which I won't make you do).

Hopefully I'll be able to post more often and attend some more tournaments.

-Vitm

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet

Last edited by Vydar_XLIII; August 15th, 2010 at 01:32 PM. Reason: typo
Old August 13th, 2010, 11:54 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have decided to go ahead and hold a tournament on September 18th here in Philly at Redcap's Corner. You can find the thread HERE. I am not dead set on a format yet, but I am leaning toward a Heroes Only event with 600 point armies. Oh and I want to use Treasure Glyphs as well. Feel free to yell at me in the tournament thread and we will discuss it.
Old August 15th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

My NHSD thread is up, so you can head on over and give your input for the format and on the maps.

Hope everyone can find an event.

Spidy: If you feel that my tournament is to close to yours, I can try and move it to a different date.

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old August 19th, 2010, 12:26 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

First post updated w/ all current and upcoming events. Also, I'm talking w/ Karl @ Games Keep in West Chester about having a casual game day following the D3 release, probably Nov 20. It's tentative at the moment but I thought I'd put it out there as a possibility if there's interest.
Old August 19th, 2010, 01:57 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Hmm, that's in between the long Armistice/Veterans Day weekend and the long Thanksgiving Day weekend. I'm definitely interested, but will have to check with the boss. I hope they finish the repairs on the ramp by then.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old August 19th, 2010, 02:56 PM

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would love to attend a casual game day at The Games Keep! It is a great store. Keep us posted.
Old August 19th, 2010, 03:48 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Same here. It all depends on date and such, but casual gaming is always a ball (and often more fun than tourney's) and I will come if I can.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old August 19th, 2010, 09:29 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
Hmm, that's in between the long Armistice/Veterans Day weekend and the long Thanksgiving Day weekend. I'm definitely interested, but will have to check with the boss. I hope they finish the repairs on the ramp by then.
I wanted to squeeze something in before the holidays, and with D3 scheduled to release that week, thought it might be fun to just do something a bit more laid back. We're also hoping it might entice some of the regulars at the store to come out for an hour or two - we had some interest last time but nobody actually showed.
Old August 20th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
First post updated w/ all current and upcoming events. Also, I'm talking w/ Karl @ Games Keep in West Chester about having a casual game day following the D3 release, probably Nov 20. It's tentative at the moment but I thought I'd put it out there as a possibility if there's interest.
Blargh, I'm looking at 11/14, a Sunday. The location would be The Family Game Store in Savage, Maryland. That store has the single largest 'Scape display I have ever seen, much bigger than I ever saw in Toys R Us or WalMart in their heydays of 'Scape support.

I'd hate to schedule an event in back to back weeks, but on the other hand there's so much interest in MD/PA/NJ that it's probably fine.

Plus I think it will definitely be time by then to put something in the Greater Baltimore area again.

Not 100% sure of the date but it's definitely my current favorite.

Thoughts about the date/day of week/possible attendance, o followers of this thread?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 20th, 2010, 12:09 PM

shaugville is surprisingly tart

Daddyscaper,

I live 1 mile from the Family Game Store in Savage. I can help with the scheduling/planning if you like. I ran a tournament there (with clan's help) two years ago in November.

If you were not looking for help, that is fine too.

The downside there is that they have too much going on Saturdays to have a tournament and only want to do Sundays. But it sounds like you already know that.
Old August 20th, 2010, 01:48 PM

Shockingly enough, I would be interested in some HS action in Maryland. Quick question though. Is Savage north or south of Baltimore?
Old August 20th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
Shockingly enough, I would be interested in some HS action in Maryland. Quick question though. Is Savage north or south of Baltimore?
Aha, and that's the key. It's right off Interstate 95 and easily accessible but it is a few minutes *south* of Baltimore. We have a number of players down there and all this PA/NJ action is a stretch for my family, and we live *north* of Baltimore, so I think that part of the region is due. It's maybe another 1/2 hour beyond Collectors Corner.

Google tells me it's a 2 hour, 12 minute drive from Redcap's Corner. So it's doable for those who don't have back problems or very small bladders.

Edit:

Now I'm looking at Sunday, 11/7.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; August 20th, 2010 at 09:18 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events