Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old October 6th, 2020, 08:05 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Figure Suggestion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Does anyone have any suggestions for figures for Warcraft 3 necromancers or Arthas?

Theres a good necromancer mini from reaper that looks almost dead on to that guy and a non mounted arthas shoe in from reaper as well. I personally have a great deal of warcraft models in stl version that easily fit the bill if you have or know someone with a resin printer.
What Necromancer mini is that? And what Arthas? I'd ideally like to go mounted, though.
I don't know anyone with a resin printer, but maybe there's someone on etsy or something who'd be willing to print something out to me? Either way, I massively appreciate the offer! (Assuming it was one! )

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 6th, 2020, 08:15 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Ill have to use my google fu and find the links for you. Im yet to print any of my warcraft models. I just know there are some good ones of the named characters out there. Ive printed a bunch of starcraft models already and they are awesome. Ill tag you when I find them.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 6th, 2020, 08:17 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Ill have to use my google fu and find the links for you. Im yet to print any of my warcraft models. I just know there are some good ones of the named characters out there. Ive printed a bunch of starcraft models already and they are awesome. Ill tag you when I find them.
Thankee, chap. Not the biggest Warcraft fan (WoW certainly doesn't appeal), but Warcraft III is a damn good RTS with a surprisingly fun story.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 6th, 2020, 08:45 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Thankee, chap. Not the biggest Warcraft fan (WoW certainly doesn't appeal), but Warcraft III is a damn good RTS with a surprisingly fun story.
Agreed. Me and my brothers played a ton of WC3 and that's why I like the characters. I've never played WoW.
Heres a link to the one figure.
Even put it in a UK search for you.
https://www.reapermini.com/search/leisynn

Still looking for the Arthas stand in.

EDIT: Great arthas stand in.
https://www.reapermini.com/search/paladin/latest/77453

Old October 7th, 2020, 04:31 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Agreed. Me and my brothers played a ton of WC3 and that's why I like the characters. I've never played WoW.

Bloody hell that Necromancer's perfect. Far better than anything I could find by looking up necromancer minis. Thank you!
That Arthas stand-in looks great, though I'd definitely prefer a mounted figure for him if at all possible.
I'll definitely be wracking your brain about some more of these, chap! Thanks again!
Yeah, I loved RTS games when I was a little girl and it's never stopped. I played Warcraft III again last year and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I expected it to be narratively lacking because I remembered the setting as being horribly generic fantasy, and... it kind of is, but the story and characters make what is a fairly initially dull, generic fantasy world really work! I thought Arthas's story was particularly clever - it was really unique and interesting to be playing the fallen hero in campaign one only to keep playing him as the villain protagonist in campaign two.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; October 7th, 2020 at 04:56 AM.
Old October 7th, 2020, 09:40 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Bloody hell that Necromancer's perfect. Far better than anything I could find by looking up necromancer minis. Thank you!
That Arthas stand-in looks great, though I'd definitely prefer a mounted figure for him if at all possible.
I'll definitely be wracking your brain about some more of these, chap! Thanks again!
Yeah, I loved RTS games when I was a little girl and it's never stopped. I played Warcraft III again last year and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I expected it to be narratively lacking because I remembered the setting as being horribly generic fantasy, and... it kind of is, but the story and characters make what is a fairly initially dull, generic fantasy world really work! I thought Arthas's story was particularly clever - it was really unique and interesting to be playing the fallen hero in campaign one only to keep playing him as the villain protagonist in campaign two.
Yeah. We still get online to play warcraft 3, starcraft, and starcraft 2 all together ever so often. They are classics. They have a newly updated warcraft 3 version that my brothers say is really great. I havent picked it up yet. Feel free to browse through that reaper site I linked. They may have something you are looking for. I just know that most of the knights on mounts are helmeted instead of cloaked like arthas is. They have some good ones that are affordable though. I almost picked up the same wizard guy for a stand in as the wizard on monty python and the holy grail for my zombicide black plague and may still. I recently got hold of all but one of the knight survivors from that game through a seller in hong kong as factory extras of ks exclusives. Glad I could help.

Old October 7th, 2020, 11:06 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah. We still get online to play warcraft 3, starcraft, and starcraft 2 all together ever so often. They are classics. They have a newly updated warcraft 3 version that my brothers say is really great. I havent picked it up yet. Feel free to browse through that reaper site I linked. They may have something you are looking for. I just know that most of the knights on mounts are helmeted instead of cloaked like arthas is. They have some good ones that are affordable though. I almost picked up the same wizard guy for a stand in as the wizard on monty python and the holy grail for my zombicide black plague and may still. I recently got hold of all but one of the knight survivors from that game through a seller in hong kong as factory extras of ks exclusives. Glad I could help.
Starcraft 2 is one of the few popular RTS games that I've never actually played, but I saw Wings of Liberty outside a Hope House in my home town a few weeks ago, on a DVD stall - one DVD for £1 or 4 for £1. I got it for 25p! I knew the moment I saw it what an amazing deal it was. Not installed it yet, but looking forward to giving it a go. I have played the original Starcraft through once, though, and enjoyed it. Not the expansion, though - I've heard that's hellishly difficult to the point of nigh-unbeatable unless you devote your life to doing so. Surprised about what your brothers say about the Warcraft update - so far I've only heard bad things about Reforged, but maybe those are unfair judgements.
Are there any good skeletal horse heads you could swap out one of those horse's heads for, and any good heads you could use for Arthas? How moddable are Reaper figures, in general?
Thankee again, chap!

EDIT: This looks pretty good as a base, if it's moddable enough.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 7th, 2020, 12:16 PM
"like" happy

@Lazy Orang . I have that knight model. Its pretty good. Instead of making a skeletal horse why not go the route of a black horse with red gleaming eyes. Would totally work for arthas. Reaper bones minis are soft plastic and are very easy to cut with a hobby knife. You could quite easily cut off a generic hooded figures head and put it on there in place of the helmet. I also use greenstuff to make things like hoods if that is something you are into. Im an oldschool figure kitbashing guy but nowadays I just model it in a 3d program and print it in resin.

Old October 7th, 2020, 12:24 PM
Hard as ice

Thanks for the input. Sounding good! I'm sure I can do something!
Definitely going to call on you for more of this Warcraft stuff!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 7th, 2020, 05:39 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Okay, chap, what the hell - may as well ask now.

Any suggestions for Abominations, Crypt Fiends, Dreadlords, Meat Wagons or Kel'thuzad, for future reference? Looking forward to expanding my Undead faction with some of the Scourge stuff - playing this game as a kid was actually the first time I heard the term Undead.

Thanks again!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 7th, 2020, 11:56 PM
"like" happy

@Lazy Orang ,
I'll just list off what I know works well for different Warcraft Esk Units:
Abominations-Reaper mini Stitch Golems
Human Footknights- Runewars Starter Set
Human Mounted Knights- Runewars Starter Set
Skeletal Archers- Runewars Starter Set
Skeletal Infantry-Runewars Starter Set
Night Elf units-Latari Elves Starter Set
Dreadlords-Many different Reaper Demon Figures
To be Honest, the Runewars figures are awesome. The core box has Human mounted knights that look like knights of lorderon, same with the footmen. They come with an elven hero as well, and a big stone golem. Core box also has a bunch of skeleton archers and skeleton warriors along with a giant worm creature with a skeleton on it, as well as an undead hero with dual axes. On amazon they are super cheap. (In the US anyway?) I've bought multiple boxes of all four factions they have. They have a whole faction of Undead, and the models are great. Including Death Knights, banshees, skeletons, and I think even a vampire hero. Lots of cool to look at there. I primed a few of my elven boxes in purple because I'm making an army of Night Elves. There are elven archers and cat riders. They look like the huntress off the game. The hero that comes with them is a elf chick on a big cat that looks like a priestess of the moon. They also have a scion that comes in the box. AKA a protector ent thing. Great prices on great figures. They all need painted. The game isnt too bad either. I bought it for the minis but I'll probably play the game as well.

Old October 8th, 2020, 04:17 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
@Lazy Orang ,
I'll just list off what I know works well for different Warcraft Esk Units:
Abominations-Reaper mini Stitch Golems
Human Footknights- Runewars Starter Set
Human Mounted Knights- Runewars Starter Set
Skeletal Archers- Runewars Starter Set
Skeletal Infantry-Runewars Starter Set
Night Elf units-Latari Elves Starter Set
Dreadlords-Many different Reaper Demon Figures
To be Honest, the Runewars figures are awesome. The core box has Human mounted knights that look like knights of lorderon, same with the footmen. They come with an elven hero as well, and a big stone golem. Core box also has a bunch of skeleton archers and skeleton warriors along with a giant worm creature with a skeleton on it, as well as an undead hero with dual axes. On amazon they are super cheap. (In the US anyway?) I've bought multiple boxes of all four factions they have. They have a whole faction of Undead, and the models are great. Including Death Knights, banshees, skeletons, and I think even a vampire hero. Lots of cool to look at there. I primed a few of my elven boxes in purple because I'm making an army of Night Elves. There are elven archers and cat riders. They look like the huntress off the game. The hero that comes with them is a elf chick on a big cat that looks like a priestess of the moon. They also have a scion that comes in the box. AKA a protector ent thing. Great prices on great figures. They all need painted. The game isnt too bad either. I bought it for the minis but I'll probably play the game as well.
Thankee chap, really helpful. Hadn't heard of Runewars, but I'll check it out!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards