Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Notices

Old December 9th, 2021, 11:19 AM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Is there an HoME thread for finalized units?

Just starting to check out HoME... and this thread seems to be all over the place. There's multiple threads for several figures (Aragorn, Boromir, Orcs, Legolas, Gimli, etc) and I don't see anywhere where units were approved. Is there any sort of review/ finalization process/ books of index? Is one of the threads of a particular design more "official" than another - e.g., is there a difference between @capsocrates "Workbook of Boromir" https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=57318 and @TheAverageFan "Boromir - ROUGH DRAFT" https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...d.php?t=60021?

Would these two concepts compete against each other to be the official version of Boromir? Do we use whichever we like better? How do we determine when a unit is finalized and doesn't need a new design?
Old December 9th, 2021, 11:36 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Is there an HoME thread for finalized units?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
Just starting to check out HoME... and this thread seems to be all over the place. There's multiple threads for several figures (Aragorn, Boromir, Orcs, Legolas, Gimli, etc) and I don't see anywhere where units were approved. Is there any sort of review/ finalization process/ books of index? Is one of the threads of a particular design more "official" than another - e.g., is there a difference between @capsocrates "Workbook of Boromir" https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=57318 and @TheAverageFan "Boromir - ROUGH DRAFT" https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...d.php?t=60021?

Would these two concepts compete against each other to be the official version of Boromir? Do we use whichever we like better? How do we determine when a unit is finalized and doesn't need a new design?
Hi Knox.

As you've noticed, there isn't any real organization or planning with HoME currently.

We lost several of our organizing members, and since then have had a few spurts of creativity but they've all fizzled out again.

My position throughout those periods of new contribution has been that throwing new ideas up isn't a bad thing, since if HoME ever gets off the ground again for real having more content to pull from wouldn't hurt things. I can't speak to the probability of that happening though.

Our original intent was certainly not to have multiple copies of the same finished figure floating around; the duplicates you've observed so far are only rough-draft versions. We never reached the point of having any cards 'completely finished'; the furthest any got were being a few games into play-testing.

Hope that bit of background helps explain the status quo of HoME.
Old December 9th, 2021, 12:33 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post

Hi Knox.

As you've noticed, there isn't any real organization or planning with HoME currently.

We lost several of our organizing members, and since then have had a few spurts of creativity but they've all fizzled out again.

My position throughout those periods of new contribution has been that throwing new ideas up isn't a bad thing, since if HoME ever gets off the ground again for real having more content to pull from wouldn't hurt things. I can't speak to the probability of that happening though.

Our original intent was certainly not to have multiple copies of the same finished figure floating around; the duplicates you've observed so far are only rough-draft versions. We never reached the point of having any cards 'completely finished'; the furthest any got were being a few games into play-testing.

Thanks! Would it be possible for some of us who weren't involved originally to start reviving this then? I'd love if the work poured into TheAverageFan's current rough drafts could result in something semi-official
Old December 9th, 2021, 12:42 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post

Hi Knox.

Thanks! Would it be possible for some of us who weren't involved originally to start reviving this then? I'd love if the work poured into TheAverageFan's current rough drafts could result in something semi-official
Just for clarity, there's no active leadership roles in HoME right now (myself included), so no one is really in a position to say 'yes' or 'no' to reviving anything; frankly, it's just a sub-forum with (what I think are) some cool concepts that have yet to be finished.

So anyone can post whatever ideas they'd like, and feel free to do so. If enough people did so then perhaps a critical mass of 5-10 people might get achieved again.

My 2 cents are the same as in my original post; I'd personally choose to not label anything 'HoME official' unless the project really got going again with 5-10 members and was able to get the extensive group-work and playtesting that's made C3V & C3G so effective, specifically because it's harder to un-label something as official than label it as official 6-12 months down the road.

But that's just my 2 cents as a semi-retired member of a currently defunct group
Old December 9th, 2021, 06:41 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It might be nice to get a small voting committee together and organize the different renditions of each character, and then perhaps a few of the designs could be decided on ,or aspects of, to pursue further.
Old December 9th, 2021, 10:03 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

We could use some cleanup around here as there are a few redundant/dead threads. At present the most we can do is continue to flesh out the first wave until it is complete and playtested. Once we're satisfied with that, something semi-official could be plausible.

~TAF, who will get around to playtesting Boromir and Legolas soon

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old December 11th, 2021, 11:42 AM

It may not be my place, but you three would seem like a great initial voting committee in terms of which designs to scrap and which to pursue further (at least among the duplicates) @SchismaticSounds @TheAverageFan @Chris Perkins
Old December 12th, 2021, 08:08 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I wouldn’t mind putting together an excel sheet (though I’m not super familiar with such) for hosting the current options in this way. Besides the existing threads in the sub, are @Sherman Davies LotR customs involved or have any intention to be involved in this project? Or are there others I’m not aware of with interest?
Old December 14th, 2021, 06:16 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

I'm not involved in HoME, but I've long been curious to see what alternate takes on these characters would look like, ever since capsocrates started this whole thing who knows how many years ago. Good luck!
Old December 14th, 2021, 06:25 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Honestly, you need buy in a commitment from people that log in more than once a week that want to work towards the goals of a project. Itd be cool to see it go somewhere.

I dont want to be in charge of anything, because I have specific thoughts on organization, but I'll definitely help out.
Old December 16th, 2021, 03:29 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
I dont want to be in charge of anything, because I have specific thoughts on organization, but I'll definitely help out.
You keep saying this. Why not propose your ideas for organization, try to actually do them, and see how it goes?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 16th, 2021, 04:50 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm good lol.

That's meant to translate to: dont put me in charge, I do things in a particular way and it wont be fun.

I'm here to be a team player for whatever happens.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs