Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old November 4th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Sports: NFL

Packers are a very solid team that is getting great play from Aaron Rogers (a Cal alum - Go Bears!). I'd be very surprised if they didn't make the postseason.

~Aldin, 49er/Titan fan

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old November 4th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
~Aldin, 49er/Titan fan
I bet you're happier with the Titans than the 49ers.
Old November 4th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

*chuckle* It's a bit hard for me. I grew up on Bay Area sports and have only recently begun the process of acquiring the teams of my new home. The fact that the Titans are an AFC team and that I've loathed Al Davis since he took the Raiders to LA helps. But yeah, I'm a lot happier with the Titans - even if I follow the 49er news a bit more closely.

~Aldin, with hope that Singletary can kick their sorry behinds into gear

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old November 4th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, I've always been a one team fan. And that team is the Packers. On second thought, I follow the Jets a little because of Brett Favre. Boy, do I miss that guy, he did so much for the Packers; its hard to believe he went the Jets. IMO Brett will always be a Packer.
Old November 4th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Taking Suggestions...

Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post

Curse you for not having the Steelers up there.
Yes, and the Packers too. I still can't get over how they lost to the Titans. Although I think that the Packers did a great job against one of the best teams in the NFL
No, they didn't play well. I'm one of the biggest Packer fans on this site, and even I admit that they were bad on Sunday. The Titans are a good team, sure, but the Green bay offensive line is better than that. They were awful. Rodgers could barely take 3 steps before feeling the pressure. The defense was good, glad to see Harris back. But the Packers need to get their o-line's issues worked out soon, which in turn will make Ryan Grant the guy we saw last season. Green Bay needs a good running game if they plan on going anywhere, and it's all going to come down to the line.

As for Rodgers, he's been pretty good so far. But I'm concerned about his fragility, and I'm not sure whether he'll be consistent later on. I don't know what to think right now.

Ty the Awasome is the S.A.S. Commando, Maj. Thompson
...in the LIBRARY...
Old November 4th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Chilly Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty the Awasome View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post

Curse you for not having the Steelers up there.
Yes, and the Packers too. I still can't get over how they lost to the Titans. Although I think that the Packers did a great job against one of the best teams in the NFL
No, they didn't play well. I'm one of the biggest Packer fans on this site, and even I admit that they were bad on Sunday. The Titans are a good team, sure, but the Green bay offensive line is better than that. They were awful. Rodgers could barely take 3 steps before feeling the pressure. The defense was good, glad to see Harris back. But the Packers need to get their o-line's issues worked out soon, which in turn will make Ryan Grant the guy we saw last season. Green Bay needs a good running game if they plan on going anywhere, and it's all going to come down to the line.

As for Rodgers, he's been pretty good so far. But I'm concerned about his fragility, and I'm not sure whether he'll be consistent later on. I don't know what to think right now.
I agree with you on the offense, but I was very happy with the defense, stopping the Titans a lot of the time. And Aaron has the determination to be a great player.
Old November 4th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!

I'm looking forward to our revenge game vs. the Packers. I have the gut feeling that we're going to beat our bitter rivals in this match-up. It'll soothe my emotions after this election (which doesn't appear to be going well for my candidate - too many "follow-the-crowd" voters, sadly).

GO VIKES!! WOOT!
Old November 4th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Chilly Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytefang View Post
I'm looking forward to our revenge game vs. the Packers. I have the gut feeling that we're going to beat our bitter rivals in this match-up.

GO VIKES!! WOOT!
We beat you once this year, and we can beat you again! GO PACK GO!!!!
Old November 5th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!

You sure did, though I suspect if we had a different QB that day, it could've turned out differently.
Old November 5th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Taking Suggestions...

Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

The Vikings? Sorry, but the Packers will have no problems disposing of that rabble. I don't care how good Peterson is, he's only one player. The Packers have players that are at Peterson's level all over the roster.

Ty the Awasome is the S.A.S. Commando, Maj. Thompson
...in the LIBRARY...
Old November 5th, 2008, 03:45 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

The Packers and Vikings record are both 4-4, which makes them both pretty mediocre at this point in the season. Hard to say either has done anything stellar.

-insert signature here-
Old November 5th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Messy Eater

Exactly, Nyys. I'm at least able to admit that.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV