Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

View Poll Results: How do you like the story?
I like it (good job, keep working) 2 100.00%
It is among one of the worst things I have read and I hope you fail 0 0%
It's okay 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 19th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Ack! Spell check for goodness sake! And IF you ARE going to use Discworld please, PLEASE spell it properly as well.

~Aldin, brutalizing the English language for nearly four decades

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old March 19th, 2008, 09:00 PM

tyguy94920 is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin
Ack! Spell check for goodness sake! And IF you ARE going to use Discworld please, PLEASE spell it properly as well.

~Aldin, brutalizing the English language for nearly four decades
Hey, hey, hey...

It's just the rough draft

Mainly getting my ideas on paper (or in this case bandwith)

I don't know why I spelled it Diskworld, I knew it was Discworld

-Spyhunter- Cunfuzzeling myself

Click Above for My Sig Link
Old March 20th, 2008, 06:40 AM

TheMedic has disabled reputation
I think you are partly to blame / thank for getting my thinking and writing head back into gear .

I dropped a novel I am writing in favour of playing a computer game, then got invovled with Heroscape. The novel was stuck at 18,000 words, for about 6 months+.

I've just printed it out again, will give it a read through and start making an effort to write again. It's too far down the line to just give up!!!!

Thanks!
Old March 20th, 2008, 08:59 AM

Glad I could be of service

(What's it about?)

Old March 20th, 2008, 10:23 AM

TheMedic has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyguy94920
Glad I could be of service

(What's it about?)
It's about being a Teddy Boy - (Rock'n'Roll / Rockabilly fan), growing up in the UK in the 1980's. Pretty much autobiographical, but with a few fictional elements....... ie the bits I can't remember due to the affects of alchohol.
Old March 20th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Hey, hey, hey...

*chuckle*

I really hope my humor came across, because I didn't really want to chastize you, just yank your chain about the Discworld thing (which I knew you knew how to spell). Getting to give you a hard time about the rest of it was just bonus

~Aldin, evilly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old March 20th, 2008, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin
Quote:
Hey, hey, hey...

*chuckle*

I really hope my humor came across, because I didn't really want to chastize you, just yank your chain about the Discworld thing (which I knew you knew how to spell). Getting to give you a hard time about the rest of it was just bonus

~Aldin, evilly

Ahhhhh!!!

Aldins back and eviler than ever!!!

I'm glad that your back and got your personal troubles sorted out
(Welcome to the site, enjoy your stay )

I did get some of your sarcasm but didn't really catch it, and you were right so it didn't really matter

I spellchecked on word and updated the post (better know?)

Old March 20th, 2008, 05:21 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:

Aldins back and eviler than ever!!!
for christmaaaaaaas,this year! The Aldins here! ( sounds just like the Hess truck song )
Old March 31st, 2008, 07:28 PM

I connected the Exposition to the Main Explination

Quote:
He then appeared in Death's Domain, a monotomic black plain of existince, and more spisificly the hall of lifetimers. Among the endless shelves of books, he selects one along with its timer and vanishes back to the existince called Earth

-Earth, 2008- Mary J. Molay was pampered from birth by her parents. She was raised in a Mansion that stood through history since the beginnings of the Revolutionary War. She was well studided in all subjects but most focused on History, and the mystiryes surrounding it. Now that she was 23 she had moved to a large house, with assets from her parents to the outskirts of Boston, Massachusetts. Here she tok up Freelancing and doing whatever job that happened to appease her at the time, (much like a resident member here *cou-Malechi-gh*) and took up Martial Arts, Krav Maga being the main form.

Today after her lesson she was still complentating on what do do for the rest of the day, or what job she was going to take up next, as she was currently unemployed. She just took a shower and was lying on the bed when the inexplictable happened...
And modified the Exposition just a tiny bit

Didn't get to work on it over spring break, to busy hangin' with my dad

Comments anyone? (besides spell-checking)

Old April 1st, 2008, 11:29 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I know you've already started, but it's late, I'm bored, and I figured I'd suggest the World's Fairs. Interesting stuff. You'd get to talk about all sorts of 'sci-fi' contraptions.

If you're not familiar with world's fairs, before TV and radio the fairs were HUGE deals. They were sort of like Disney World + science fair + more. They become popular during the Industrial Revolution (late 1800s).

Trivia time: President McKinley was assassinated at the 1901 World's Fair. The wound did not necessarily have to be fatal. There was a machine on display for the first time that could have saved him. It was an X-ray machine. Maybe it didn't help that the only doctor around to tend to him was a gynecologist.

I took a college course on the Gilded Age. Interesting stuff: World's Fairs, Niagara Falls, environmentalism, lots of people making ridiculous money, employers began to realize that keeping your workers healthy and happy was a good idea, bridge technology was booming. Oh joy! It was going great until someone decided to start WW1.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old April 2nd, 2008, 12:07 AM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
-Quick question: How is that a research paper? We just got done with our 7 page research papers this quarter, and I was pretty sure fiction was not allowed in the arena. How does it work with you guys?

"Clay lies still, but blood's a rover; / Breath's a ware that will not keep.
Up, lad: when the journey's over / There'll be time enough to sleep!"
~"Reveille", A.E. Housman
Old April 2nd, 2008, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpy
-Quick question: How is that a research paper? We just got done with our 7 page research papers this quarter, and I was pretty sure fiction was not allowed in the arena. How does it work with you guys?
Our teacher decided that he wanted to do something a little different for the people who didn't want to do a regular research paper

The topics he was deciding on was a paper over the Holocaust (the real research paper)

Or a creative writing assignment (what I'm doing)

It still has to be researched and quoted and all that fun stuff, but a lot more enertaining to write (and grade) than a regular paper

I hope that explains

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General