Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old November 16th, 2016, 04:25 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Ronin Sidekick Workshopping Thread

Love that Spot design.
Perhaps my favorite, well besides my Slaine.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 16th, 2016, 09:26 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zettian Juggernaut View Post
I actually have a Spot write-up here:
Spoiler Alert!

Mine diffidently more complex, though I'm not sure if that's a better thing. Thought we should at least compare notes.

Hmmm. Yeah, yours definitely has a lot more going on. Doing the spots as glyphs is a cool idea, but the card as a whole feels a little involved (and strong) for the character.

I'd consider trimming the portal defense power (it's really rare that Spot ever pulls anything like that off in a significant way, because he sucks) and either cutting the ability to reclaim glyphs or making it harder to do so. The card really should capture the idea that the more portals he has, the stronger his defense is, and he's more vulnerable as he uses them up. That's why I went with the static defense buff.

I like the SA.

I'd like to see a thieving power on the card in some form, also, but it's not strictly essential. Probably one less powerful than what I originally suggested, since dok has concerns.
Old November 16th, 2016, 09:53 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Figures like Hasbro Hulk, Wolverine, Lady Deathstrike, or Tigra who benefit from the wounds that come with that extra turn really like "With an Iron Fist". That could make for some pretty strong builds. There's also a bit of synergy between Black Adam and "Emperor of Earth", although that doesn't seem nearly as powerful.
Hmm, it does encourage a berzerker army, doesn't it? Kind of an interesting effect, but not quite where I want to go with it. I would love to encourage him working with deadlier/evil units, but not quite the berzerker set. I'll have to think that over.

The Black Adam thing is a neat little synergy.
Old November 17th, 2016, 11:31 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I like that version of Spot, ZJ!

You two should try to blend those. Spot Glyphs are pretty cool and could have some fun tactical advantages.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 21st, 2016, 08:12 PM
Symbiotic

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Captain America set.
Its model number and name are #032 / Scorpion.

NAME = SCORPION
SECRET IDENTITY = CARMILLA BLACK

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = AGENT
PERSONALITY = TRICKY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 150?

STINGER TOXIN
After Scorpion rolls attack dice for a normal attack against an adjacent figure that is not an Android, Construct, Undead, or destructible object, and before the defending figure rolls defense dice, you may roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to the roll for each skull rolled by Scorpion.
  • If you roll 1-10, nothing happens.
  • If you roll 11-18, the defending figure receives an unblockable wound.
  • If you roll 19 or higher, the defending figure receives two unblockable wounds.

DISENGAGE
Scorpion is never attacked when leaving engagements.

ENHANCED IMMUNITY
Scorpion is not affected by Gas Glyphs. When an opponent's figure chooses Scorpion for a special power and rolls the 20-sided die, you may subtract 2 from the roll.

---------------------------------
Bio - The genetically-engineered daughter of Monica Rappaccini, Carmilla Black didn't know her mother growing up, and was raised by adoptive parents. It was a complete surprise to Carmilla when her powers manifested at the age of sixteen, killing her boyfriend at a homecoming dance. After discovering her powers, Carmilla ran away from home and tried to stay hidden, but returned to her hometown when her adoptive parents were murdered. Returning home brought her into the middle of the conflict between SHIELD and AIM, eventually leading her to become an agent of SHIELD. Carmilla has crossed paths with Bruce Banner (and his big, green alter ego) several times, and suspects that he may be her biological father.

As a result of AIM's genetic modifications, Carmilla is immune to all toxins, and her body is capable of processing irritants like smoke and nerve gas without missing a beat. She's even unaffected by gamma rays and nuclear fallout. Her main offensive weapon is the "stinger" in her left arm. Her body stores toxins in a gland near her heart, and she can expel them through her left hand to incapacitate or even kill targets.

Notes - I was thinking about trying to get the theme of absorbing toxins into her first power somehow (probably in the form of a bonus when she's within a couple spaces of a gas glyph or what have you), but it felt non-essential theme-wise, and it disrupts the cleanness of the card for kind of a niche effect.

Last edited by Ronin; May 15th, 2021 at 12:47 PM.
Old November 22nd, 2016, 08:47 AM

Drats. I have a design that is also immune to toxins, radiation ect.
It was my hope you had come up with a way to represent that.

Cool design.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 22nd, 2016, 09:29 AM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Drats. I have a design that is also immune to toxins, radiation ect.
It was my hope you had come up with a way to represent that.

Cool design.
Yeah, I don't have much of an idea of how to do that, since there's no poison mechanic in C3G that you can just tidily declare immunity to.

The only thing I can think of that would make sense would be a keyword type power (Poison Resistance in the style of Lava and Ice), but that would require some retconning of powers we've already done. Off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure Madame Hydra has a poison themed power. Not sure who else.
Old November 22nd, 2016, 01:25 PM

Same problem I ran into with Rogue Warrior.

The closest we have is the Environmental Suit power.
I was thinking an ES like or equal power would be a start.

I have to re-post him sometime, he is one that needs a lot of work and has quite a bit going on.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 22nd, 2016, 07:36 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Same problem I ran into with Rogue Warrior.

The closest we have is the Environmental Suit power.
I was thinking an ES like or equal power would be a start.

I have to re-post him sometime, he is one that needs a lot of work and has quite a bit going on.
I thought about doing something like this:

Quote:
ENHANCED IMMUNITY
Scorpion is not affected by Gas Glyphs and is never affected by glyphs or special powers that do not affect figures with the Environmental Suit special power.
But it felt a bit messy, rules-wise.

I wish Environmental Suit just had a slightly less "Suit" oriented name. Tack a Gas Glyph immunity on and give it a slightly broader name, and it'd be perfect.
Old November 22nd, 2016, 09:41 PM
Symbiotic

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Ultimates set.
Its model number and name are #058-060 / Ghost Rider.

NAME = GHOST RIDER
SECRET IDENTITY = DANNY KETCH

SPECIES = DEMON
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SPIRIT
PERSONALITY = VENGEFUL

SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 8
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = 400?

THE BROTHERS GHOST RIDER
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before taking a turn with Ghost Rider, you may take a turn with a Johnny Blaze figure you control.

HELLFIRE MOTORCYCLE
Ghost Rider does not take leaving engagement attacks. When counting spaces for Ghost Rider's movement, count elevation changes of up to 2 levels as one space and ignore terrain effects of water, lava, heavy snow and slippery ice. You may ignore Ghost Rider's height when moving up levels of terrain.

PENANCE STARE 19
Anytime an opponent's Unique Hero destroys a figure you control with a normal or special attack, you may place the destroyed figure on the attacking Hero's Army Card. Instead of attacking with Ghost Rider, you may choose an adjacent Unique Hero. Roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to the roll for each figure that was placed on the chosen figure's card by this special power, up to a maximum of +4. If you roll 19 or higher, destroy the chosen figure.

SUPER STRENGTH
----------------------
Bio - He grew up never knowing his biological family, but Daniel Ketch is the younger brother of Johnny Blaze. Johnny and Danny were separated at birth in an attempt to break the curse passed down from their mother that would doom Johnny to become the Ghost Rider. However, thanks to Mephisto's machinations, Johnny became a Spirit of Vengeance by other means, and Danny inherited the family curse.

As the Ghost Rider, Danny has been a member of the short-lived New Fantastic Four (alongside Spider-Man, Wolverine, and the Hulk) and the Midnight Sons.
----------------------
Notes - Not too much to say here. Closely resembles the Ghost Rider we already have, since there's not much I feel like you can really drop from that card. I'd be open to doing his bonding with Johnny as more of a rivalry power, but I don't have any specific ideas for doing it that way.

(I keyed in on Johnny rather than on another Ghost Rider because I want him to be able to team up with that hellfire shotgun version of Johnny Blaze, if we ever get that, more than I want him to team up with Robbie Reyes or whoever)
Old November 22nd, 2016, 09:55 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Ultimates set.
Its model number and name are #058-060 / Ghost Rider.

NAME = GHOST RIDER
SECRET IDENTITY = DANNY KETCH

SPECIES = DEMON
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SPIRIT
PERSONALITY = VENGEFUL

SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 8
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = 400?

THE BROTHERS GHOST RIDER
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before taking a turn with Ghost Rider, you may take a turn with a Johnny Blaze figure you control.

HELLFIRE MOTORCYCLE
Ghost Rider does not take leaving engagement attacks. When counting spaces for Ghost Rider's movement, count elevation changes of up to 2 levels as one space and ignore terrain effects of water, lava, heavy snow and slippery ice. You may ignore Ghost Rider's height when moving up levels of terrain.

PENANCE STARE 19
Anytime an opponent's Unique Hero destroys a figure you control with a normal or special attack, you may place the destroyed figure on the attacking Hero's Army Card. Instead of attacking with Ghost Rider, you may choose an adjacent Unique Hero. Roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to the roll for each figure that was placed on the chosen figure's card by this special power, up to a maximum of +4. If you roll 19 or higher, destroy the chosen figure.

SUPER STRENGTH
----------------------
Bio - He grew up never knowing his biological family, but Daniel Ketch is the younger brother of Johnny Blaze. Johnny and Danny were separated at birth in an attempt to break the curse passed down from their mother that would doom Johnny to become the Ghost Rider. However, thanks to Mephisto's machinations, Johnny became a Spirit of Vengeance by other means, and Danny inherited the family curse.

As the Ghost Rider, Danny has been a member of the short-lived New Fantastic Four (alongside Spider-Man, Wolverine, and the Hulk) and the Midnight Sons.
----------------------
Notes - Not too much to say here. Closely resembles the Ghost Rider we already have, since there's not much I feel like you can really drop from that card. I'd be open to doing his bonding with Johnny as more of a rivalry power, but I don't have any specific ideas for doing it that way.

(I keyed in on Johnny rather than on another Ghost Rider because I want him to be able to team up with that hellfire shotgun version of Johnny Blaze, if we ever get that, more than I want him to team up with Robbie Reyes or whoever)
Doesn't Ghost Rider have a chain? If so, I'd rather see some kind of chain pull power over Penance Stare, honestly - having two near identical figures doesn't exactly fill me with glee.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 22nd, 2016, 10:11 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Doesn't Ghost Rider have a chain? If so, I'd rather see some kind of chain pull power over Penance Stare, honestly - having two near identical figures doesn't exactly fill me with glee.
He does indeed have a chain; hence the range (one of the little statistical differences between him and Johnny).

The Penance Stare was actually introduced during Danny's tenure as Ghost Rider. Later they started using it for Johnny too, on the grounds that it's awesome. It feels weird to me for Johnny to have it and Danny to not, for that reason. It's really a Danny power.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy