Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old November 1st, 2015, 06:57 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The Book of Superman (Justice League)

The Book of Superman (Justice League)

C3G DC PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 14
DAWN OF JUSTICE

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Icons set.
Its model number and name are #046-048 / Superman.

Character Bio - When Kryptonian Kal-El’s rocket crashed on Earth and farmers Jonathan and Martha Kent decided to raise him as their son Clark, little did they know that this child would one day grow into a powerful man who would decide to don a cape and become a worldwide symbol of justice, ushering in a new era of heroism. Always ready and willing to put the lives of others before his own, performing daring rescues, Superman eventually realized some crises were too big for him to handle alone. This lead to his teaming up with and leading other heroes as a core member of the Justice League. Fighting alongside great heroes such as Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, and scores of others, Superman is an enduring icon of truth, justice, and the American way!

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • TBA

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Superman starts the game with an additional Justice League Marker for each Unique Hero you control that is a Champion, Vigilante, or Warrior, due to his JLA Trinity special power. Current Champions, Vigilantes, and Warriors.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities
  • N/A
Benefits
  • N/A
Weaknesses
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by Arch-vile; July 24th, 2022 at 11:54 PM.
Old November 1st, 2015, 06:57 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Superman (Kal-El)(III) - Design Breathing Pe

NAME = SUPERMAN
SECRET IDENTITY = KAL-EL

SPECIES = KRYPTONIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHAMPION
PERSONALITY = VALIANT
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7
MOVE = 8
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = 440

JLA TRINITY
At the start of the game, place 1 blue Justice League marker on this card for each Unique Champion, Warrior, or Vigilante Hero you control, to a maximum of 3. When Superman rolls defense against a normal attack, for each Justice League marker on this card you may count one blank rolled as an extra shield.

HEROIC RESCUE
After moving and before attacking with Superman, you may place one engaged friendly figure Superman passed over this turn on any empty space adjacent to Superman. Figures moved by Heroic Rescue will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SYMBOL OF HOPE
After any other figure you control is targeted for an attack, you may remove 1 Justice League marker from this card. If you do, choose Superman or any other figure you control within clear sight of Superman. Move the chosen figure normally, if it ends that move adjacent to the targeted figure, then switch the chosen and targeted figures, if possible. After the figures are switched, the attacking figure must target and attack the chosen figure, if possible, and the chosen figure rolls 2 additional defense dice. Figures moved with this special power will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING

Change Log:
Spoiler Alert!

Original Version:
Spoiler Alert!

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by quozl; December 18th, 2015 at 11:02 AM.
Old November 1st, 2015, 07:01 PM

I'm definitely open to suggestions for comic art and clix figures. I figure since this is out in the public, there will be lots of folks eager to give input.

Here are a few possibilities for comic art:

Last edited by Ronin; September 10th, 2023 at 10:05 PM.
Old November 1st, 2015, 07:13 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I'm excited! Ill comment later.
Old November 1st, 2015, 07:21 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Liking the direction here, but I do have a couple quibbles. These were probably discussed in the Justice League thread, but I either didn't see them or I've forgotten. Either way, probably wouldn't hurt to have them brought up for discussion in this thread.

1) No Man of Steel is a bit of a head-scratcher for me. Has it been dropped mostly for the sake of differentiation?

2) More of a minor name-theme dissonance, but it seems weird to me that JLA Trinity can give you up to 7 markers. More like JLA Septinity.
Old November 1st, 2015, 07:24 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

My immediate thought is that a power with "Trinity" in the title that gives 7 Markers feels off. Should probably only be 3 markers - it's not like Supes is a major strategist or anything, and it allows for a Trinity army to function at maximum potential.

The use of the Markers here feels a bit... lame, frankly. You have an initiative boost (which I feel is slightly unthematic but fine by me) and the power to pay a cost and do what the original Superman can do for free unlimited number of times. I think that lowering the number of Markers and significantly upping the power of that ability should keep him balanced and make it a lot more interest. Not sure how - adding a Counter Strike? Doubling shields? Negating the attack entirely? Figure movement? Maybe the following: "Whenever a figure you control would roll defense dice, you may choose a figure you control within clear sight of Superman and remove a JLA Marker from this card. You may move that figure and then, if that figure is adjacent to the attacking figure, roll defense and take any resulting wounds from that attack with the chosen figure."

It'd encourage you to use Superman as the defender, but in doing so lets him move and grab figures in the meantime. Swoop in, rescue a figure, fly back and take the hit.

Also, no Man of Steel? Feels weird to drop that.
Old November 1st, 2015, 07:27 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

The version we had in the Justice League thread has MoS and spacing was still fine, so idk why that was dropped. I like this design though.
Old November 1st, 2015, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Liking the direction here, but I do have a couple quibbles. These were probably discussed in the Justice League thread, but I either didn't see them or I've forgotten. Either way, probably wouldn't hurt to have them brought up for discussion in this thread.

1) No Man of Steel is a bit of a head-scratcher for me. Has it been dropped mostly for the sake of differentiation?

2) More of a minor name-theme dissonance, but it seems weird to me that JLA Trinity can give you up to 7 markers. More like JLA Septinity.
Yes, it's dropped mostly for differentiation and because I didn't want a four power card. Having a card that does absolutely nothing but JLA synergies and defending really well doesn't appeal to me either. I want to have the JLA synergies (which requires two powers under the system we all just barely agreed on ), so I want to have a reason to put an Order Marker on him sometimes other than just his big attack. Heroic Rescue does that and also represents an aspect of him that we really haven't done before, IMO, which is carrying innocents out of harm's way.

Also, Man of Steel makes Superman really, really hard to kill, and I just don't need that particular power boost here. 8 defense and 7 life does that plenty fine on its own. Not every Batman design needs Evasive Strike and not every Superman design needs Man of Steel.

As for the Trinity power having 3 markers, I totally get where you're coming from. But 3 markers means a total of 3 uses for the entire game, which makes this guy not worth drafting or adding to the faction, IMO. Honestly, when I'm looking over the classes included here, you guys are making me realize I should just reuse Justice League of America from Martian Manhunter. It's just as thematic here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
The use of the Markers here feels a bit... lame, frankly. You have an initiative boost (which I feel is slightly unthematic but fine by me) and the power to pay a cost and do what the original Superman can do for free unlimited number of times.
I totally disagree that Superman inspiring his team to have greater initiative when they work together is non-thematic. But since it's not a huge problem for you, no reason to drag out a debate there.

As for your other comment, I think you're missing some of the subtle value of this design. You're not at all doing what the original Superman can do for free. You're letting Zatanna defend for Oracle and use Magical Defense in the process. You're letting Green Lantern John Stewart or Huntress defend for Robin, and get offensive with their defense as a result. You're letting Batman try out Evasive Strike to save Black Canary. Etc., etc. The counter strike and so forth comes from the figures you choose to team with Superman and do the defending in the field. Superman doesn't have to do the defending himself. He inspires anyone in clear sight who is adjacent to a buddy to do the defending.

Old November 1st, 2015, 08:01 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I had the same thought, the Trinity power should really only give you 3 markers. I agree the potential for swapping defenders is there, but rather limited by having the figures adj. to each other. I'm not sure if the theme would come through but what if you removed the marker to let any of your figures defend an attack, not just those who are adj. to each other. It would certainly up the power level of the marker burn and make the 3 marker restriction more acceptable if you can have Huntress (ruthless counterstrike), Superman (8 defense dice on this current card), or Wonder Woman (a shield defense vs. ranged att.) take on a defense roll at any time. Call it some kind of team defense power where teamwork has led to a limited shared defensive skill set.
Old November 1st, 2015, 08:33 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

My thoughts:
1) I agree with the others that no Man of Steel feels wrong; even with that aside, I agree with the old guideline that was set down that we'd avoid doing 8 defense again.
2) I also agree that if we go with the Trinity power name, it should be capped at 3. Switching it to MMII's power is an option, but will make things very difficult to balance.
3) For the JLA power, I think you'd be better off with a forced retarget type wording (borrow from Malekith or Fantomex); it avoids some messy issues and allows any figure with a defensive "when targeted" power to use that power.
4) I like Heroic Rescue, fits the character wonderfully.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old November 1st, 2015, 08:46 PM

So would folks rather have four powers and Man of Steel? Or would they rather replace one of the current powers to place Man of Steel?

I prefer to avoid four power cards and there's nothing here I want to replace with Man of Steel.

Edit: And, honestly, an 8 Life, 7 Defense figure with Man of Steel is harder to kill than an 8 Life, 8 Defense figure.

Old November 1st, 2015, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
2) I also agree that if we go with the Trinity power name, it should be capped at 3. Switching it to MMII's power is an option, but will make things very difficult to balance.
Forgot to ask, but why do you feel that about the bolded part? Folks have mostly said so far that they think the power effect is too weak or limited. It certainly seems that folks think it's less powerful than Martian Manhunter's use of the markers, which is capped at 7.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library