Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 6th, 2021, 02:46 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Korg - VOTE for Initial Playtesting

yea
Old September 6th, 2021, 08:43 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexH12 View Post
I propose we move to Initial Playtesting
Did you do the checklists?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 6th, 2021, 08:57 PM

AlexH12 knows what's in an order marker AlexH12 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexH12 View Post
I propose we move to Initial Playtesting
Did you do the checklists?
Right here
Old September 7th, 2021, 06:36 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Cool, thanks. Haven't been following this one closely and missed those, but happy to see them done.

Getting about 235 points on the calculator.

First and second powers look good. Third power needs some wording help.

Quote:
Instead of moving and attacking normally, you may move Korg up to 4 spaces and attack. If Korg attacks a figure that was at least 2 spaces away before moving, roll 1 additional attack die for each space Korg moved with this special attack.
I think the first part is necessary to clarify when/if he can even attack. The second part might not be, but it just read a bit "off" to me the other way. I'd guess the wording gurus can do better here.

Yea for the initial.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 7th, 2021, 11:34 AM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think the Special Attack needs rethought, it's counterintuitive to the design. His first two powers set up him getting engaged, and then he has a Special that is only effective if he is not engaged. I suspect it will be damaging to his draftability down the road.

Also, did we amend Rock Wall Defense on Thing to have a numerical value or is that planned?

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old September 7th, 2021, 12:10 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

It’s always had a numeral. Part of the design for the Fan 4 was to have a 4 in one of the power names on each card.
Old September 7th, 2021, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
I think the Special Attack needs rethought, it's counterintuitive to the design. His first two powers set up him getting engaged, and then he has a Special that is only effective if he is not engaged. I suspect it will be damaging to his draftability down the road.
On the other hand, Rock Wall Defense may make people reluctant to engage him, making him more likely to be able to pull off the special attack in a big way. Then, if he's able to kill figures with this big attack, he frees himself up to do it again.

Also, the first power *can* be used to retreat out of engagement and into stronger position next to allies. Sure, he might take a swipe, but it's a risk/reward to set up the attack again.

I do think it's kind of odd that as written you can move two spaces into engagement and then two more circling a figure and get the full +4 to the attack. I'm guessing that's an unintended exploit?

There are probably better ways to write the part about the bonus to the attack. Maybe some language from Iron Man's Pulse Bolt Special Attack?

Quote:
Count the minimum number of spaces between Iron Man and the defending figure and add one die to this special attack for each space counted.
So maybe something like:

STONE FORCE SPECIAL ATTACK
RANGE 1 ATTACK 4+SPECIAL
Instead of moving and attacking normally, you may choose an enemy figure that is at least 2 spaces away from Korg and count the minimum number of spaces between Korg and the chosen figure. Move Korg up to 4 spaces and attack the chosen figure, adding 1 die to the attack for each space you counted.

Old September 8th, 2021, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
On the other hand, Rock Wall Defense may make people reluctant to engage him, making him more likely to be able to pull off the special attack in a big way. Then, if he's able to kill figures with this big attack, he frees himself up to do it again.

Also, the first power *can* be used to retreat out of engagement and into stronger position next to allies. Sure, he might take a swipe, but it's a risk/reward to set up the attack again.

I do think it's kind of odd that as written you can move two spaces into engagement and then two more circling a figure and get the full +4 to the attack. I'm guessing that's an unintended exploit?

There are probably better ways to write the part about the bonus to the attack. Maybe some language from Iron Man's Pulse Bolt Special Attack?

Quote:
Count the minimum number of spaces between Iron Man and the defending figure and add one die to this special attack for each space counted.
So maybe something like:

STONE FORCE SPECIAL ATTACK
RANGE 1 ATTACK 4+SPECIAL
Instead of moving and attacking normally, you may choose an enemy figure that is at least 2 spaces away from Korg and count the minimum number of spaces between Korg and the chosen figure. Move Korg up to 4 spaces and attack the chosen figure, adding 1 die to the attack for each space you counted.
I didn't realize that before, thanks for catching that. I like the difference between the powers, it makes him feel like a dual threat to me. It gives an ultimatum between the SA and Rock Wall Defense for the enemy. There are obviously ways for the enemy to get around it, but I think it's still viable.
Old September 11th, 2021, 01:31 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Yea

Not sure if you plan on re-using Warbound on other characters, thus the mention of not moving more than one figure with it per attack, but I'd suggest this simplified wording if you are:
Quote:
WARBOUND
After a Gladiator figure you control defends against an attack, you may move one figure you control with this special power. While Korg is adjacent to another Gladiator, add 1 to his Attack and Defense numbers.
This mimics the same idea the Animated Vines use for theirs, for the same reason:
Quote:
CHLOROKINETIC MOVEMENT
Before taking a turn with a figure you control that has the Plant Animation special power, you may place up to 3 figures you control with this special power on empty spaces within 3 spaces of their original placements. Animated Vines cannot move or be moved in any way except by this special power. This special power cannot be used more than once per player turn.
Old September 11th, 2021, 01:34 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I think your version still triggers for each iteration of the power since it triggers each time a Gladiator defends so you would get to move one figure per Warbond special power you have each time.
Old September 11th, 2021, 01:41 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Must be the "This special power cannot be used more than once per player turn." at the end that needs to go along with that, which at that point is more wording that the power as-is, so disregard.
Old September 11th, 2021, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I think your version still triggers for each iteration of the power since it triggers each time a Gladiator defends so you would get to move one figure per Warbond special power you have each time.
I think this should work how it's supposed to.

Quote:
WARBOUND
After a Gladiator figure you control defends against an attack, you may move one figure you control with this special power. You may only move one figure per attack. While Korg is adjacent to another Gladiator, add 1 to his Attack and Defense numbers.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library