Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old June 22nd, 2016, 04:34 PM

Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker
The Battle of Murder Pass

My girlfriend and I are about to start a large(r) scale game using all my terrain and figures from my fairly small collection (1XROTV 1XSOTM 1XHeroes of Laur) on the following map which I have named MURDER PASS.

Instead of going by point totals we instead just alternated a draft, picking one card at a time, ending with 17 army cards each.

My Army:

Tor-Kul-Na: 220
Su-Bak-Na: 380
Marro Hive: 540
Mimring: 690
Major Q10: 840
Sgt. Drake Alexander (ROTV): 950
Ne-Gok-Sa: 1040
Raelin (ROTV): 1120
Thorgrim: 1200
Izumi Samurai: 1260
Stingers X2: 1380
Marro Warriors: 1430
Drudge X2: 1530
NargrubsX2: 1590

Opponents Army:

Charos: 210
Deathwalker 9000: 350
Deathwalker 8000: 480
Sonlen: 640
Sgt. Drake Alexander (SOTM): 810
Raelin: (SOTM): 930
Grimnak: 1050
Brunak: 1160
Dund: 1270
Agent Carr: 1370
Krav Maga Agents: 1470
Airborne Elite: 1580
Syvarris: 1680
Finn the Viking Champion: 1760
Zettian Guard: 1830
Shiori: 1890
Tarn Viking Warriors: 1940

The map is designed with a thin central pass in the middle, this gives height advantage to those who can get onto the sides of pass - but as the pass is five high there is no adjacency for a lot of figures from the lower to higher level negating melee attack on some occasion. The height of five also means that those who do climb up will (if their height is five or less) take falling damage if they drop down to their opponent's side of the field, making control of the pass very crucial. I expect quite a few melee clashes there. (You can see this pass here:

Special Rules:
  • For the purpose of this battle, we are treating all swamp water as regular water (sorry Drudge.) and treating the hollow caves under the overhangs as inaccessible. The reason for these rules is that this is how we would have built things if we'd had more terrain!

• Due to cramped starting zones, we aren't allowing any roll for the Airborne Elite until round 2.

The Draft:
We began with a mini-draft to determine who would have which version of Drake and Raelin, I won the draft and immediately went for Mark 1 Raelin. My opponent then chose Mark 2 Sgt. Drake leaving me with both ROTV cards and her with both SOTM cards.

We then went onto the main draft, which as I had picked first before, my opponent got first pick here. She quickly caught onto my weakness of always wanting Marro cards, and bluffed that she might take the Nargrubs (which I needed to help my two hivelords) on her next pick. I fell for the trap and quickly picked the two small weak 30 point cards. Whilst she picked Charos and Dund, hence the wildly different point totals!) I think I might be in trouble with this one...

Match History:
My girlfriend always beats me at Heroscape.

No prizes for guessing how this one will go - I'll update this thread as new rounds happen over the next few days.

Round Updates As They Happen
24/6/16: Rounds 1-4 http://www.heroscapers.com/community...97#post2097997

The only Heroscaper in England.*
Prove me wrong.

*(Except for Lazy Orang)

Last edited by Oman1666; June 24th, 2016 at 05:30 PM.
Old June 22nd, 2016, 05:01 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Battle of Murder Pass

Looks like it is going to be a blood bath.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 22nd, 2016, 06:06 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Looks like an awesome battlefield!!!

Getting across the water is going to be hard part but then the game is on!!

Looking forward to hearing the results.
Old June 22nd, 2016, 10:54 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The map looks fairly range friendly, and your opponent/girlfriend has a fairly big range component. I got a bad feeling syvarris+kma+airborne+deathwalkers will wreck face.
Old June 23rd, 2016, 02:29 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post
The map looks fairly range friendly, and your opponent/girlfriend has a fairly big range component. I got a bad feeling syvarris+kma+airborne+deathwalkers will wreck face.
couldn't have said it better myself

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old June 23rd, 2016, 12:05 PM

mimbles is surprisingly tart

The girlfriend here! Totally going to wipe the floor with him, like I always do. Can't wait to finish this epic battle!
Old June 23rd, 2016, 05:45 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimbles View Post
The girlfriend here! Totally going to wipe the floor with him, like I always do. Can't wait to finish this epic battle!
Haha! Now that's the spirit! I don't know if there's ever been a more epic first post by a new member lol... We guys always need a good piece of "humble pie", my wife serves it to me quite often in fact ;-P

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old June 23rd, 2016, 05:55 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I doubt mimbles' post count will ever exceed her rep.

Drop the mic.

Tornado ~ Wondering if every 'Scaper repped mimbles, if she could achieve 'cloth status' with a single post.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Last edited by Tornado; June 23rd, 2016 at 07:32 PM.
Old June 23rd, 2016, 07:29 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimbles View Post
Haha! Now that's the spirit! I don't know if there's ever been a more epic first post by a new member lol... We guys always need a good piece of "humble pie", my wife serves it to me quite often in fact ;-P
I just get my wife to make up some brownies. Delicious, and I get to keep my dignity.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 24th, 2016, 05:26 PM

Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker
Exclamation Re: The Battle of Murder Pass

Update 24/6/16. Mimbles and I found a bit of spare time and played the first four rounds of the game today, here's what happened.

Round 1
Due to the size of the battlefield, the first round was mostly spent advancing the troops we wanted for the first skirmishes of the game. I took advantage of Hive Lord bonding to advance 4 units - The Nargrubs, Tor-Kul-Na, the Izumi Samurai and Mimring. Mimbles chose to put more markers on less units to advance them further, moving up the Tarn Viking Warriors, and their champion, Finn.

Round 2
At the first possible moment, in drop the Airborne Elite! Landing on the cliffs like so, my clustered front line was ripe for a grenading.

I got very lucky, and only lost one Samurai, one grub and took a 2 wounds on Drake (I have Raelin's protection to thank!) I tried to counter with 4 attacks from Q10, but he failed to hit anything with his machine pistol. The Airborne elite opened fire on the hive, but due to the combined protection of Thorgrim and Raelin, it took only 2 damage. Tor-Kul-Na managed to swat away one of the pesky army men, and my Stingers (succeeding in their stinger drain roll) managed to pick off the rest.

Round 3
Whilst I was busy dealing with the Airborne Elite, Mim was busy sneaking a certain champion through the pass

with a lucky, and unexpected attack, my hivelord suddenly took 2 wounds!

Luckily I'd thought to advance Raelin, or who knows what the damage would have been!

I flew Mimring up to watch over the pass, and his fire-line took out one of the Tarn Vikings.
Look how fearsome Mimring looks atop the pass!:

Round 4
Finn and Tor-Kul-Na finished their fight, with a Stomp and a heavy attack against whiffed defence dice killing Finn in a single turn! The Tarn Vikings, moving three times last round, and twice in this one, advanced up nearly half the map
Mim has chosen to buff Syvarris with Finn's spirit, so I dread to think what will happen next.

How do you think we're doing so far, and what do you think will happen next?

The only Heroscaper in England.*
Prove me wrong.

*(Except for Lazy Orang)
Old June 24th, 2016, 06:05 PM

mimbles is surprisingly tart

I mean, it totally wasn't a tactical move, getting Finn killed off first... *coughs*
The game is on!
Old June 25th, 2016, 10:50 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Looks fun guys, keep us posted on how it ends.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports