Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Notices

Old March 28th, 2012, 09:39 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

I still haven't finished LA Noire. I really didn't like how I had no say in what I said. Sometimes I would pick an option that I thought would get me to prod the witness a little and I would fly off the handle.
Old March 28th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That's because they aren't dialog choices like in DA or MA, you are either accepting that it's true, saying u don't believe them, or that they are lying and you can prove it.

It's not a game where you get to choose how you play a character at all. You get to see the characters story and determine how good of a job he does. Nothing more

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old March 28th, 2012, 11:34 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

They're not dialog choices, but the game is still far too random in the way it presents your failed decisions. Actually, the main issue is the "I don't believe you choice" which has has wild responses that take you entirely out of the scene. The one that catches most people is the wife of the guy who fakes his own death. She says something about him leaving his glasses behind, which if you question turns from the player going "that's odd" to your character flying off the handle and demanding she confess.

Really, it's just not a very well done way to do an interrogation system. The problem is, there's no flow to the conversation. Instead, each segment is just a single instance multiple choice question with a single entirely self contained answer that has nothing to do with the other segments in the conversation. Deus Ex: Human Revolution did it much better, IMO, where your choices raise and lower your overall success in the situation. Honestly, I completely lost interest in LA Noire after maybe the 3rd or 4th case.
Old March 29th, 2012, 02:20 AM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
They're not dialog choices, but the game is still far too random in the way it presents your failed decisions. Actually, the main issue is the "I don't believe you choice" which has has wild responses that take you entirely out of the scene. The one that catches most people is the wife of the guy who fakes his own death. She says something about him leaving his glasses behind, which if you question turns from the player going "that's odd" to your character flying off the handle and demanding she confess.

Really, it's just not a very well done way to do an interrogation system. The problem is, there's no flow to the conversation. Instead, each segment is just a single instance multiple choice question with a single entirely self contained answer that has nothing to do with the other segments in the conversation. Deus Ex: Human Revolution did it much better, IMO, where your choices raise and lower your overall success in the situation. Honestly, I completely lost interest in LA Noire after maybe the 3rd or 4th case.
Yeah, I quit shortly after that case... It was really repetitive as well and the character's "tells" were overly obvious.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old April 2nd, 2012, 01:05 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So this is a Miniatures game made into a Video Game. Anyone else have their eye on this?
http://www.confrontation-thegame.com...hp?rub=battles

It's for pre-order up at STEAM and discounted, might pick it up.
Old April 5th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Some good/better news for fans of Mass Effect 3 -regarding the ending, this was announced today...

"Through additional cinematic sequences and epilogue scenes, the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut will give fans seeking further clarity to the ending of Mass Effect 3 deeper insights into how their personal journey concludes.
“We are all incredibly proud of Mass Effect 3 and the work done by Casey Hudson and team,” said Dr. Ray Muzyka, Co-Founder of BioWare and General Manager of EA’s BioWare Label. “Since launch, we have had time to listen to the feedback from our most passionate fans and we are responding. With the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut we think we have struck a goodbalance in delivering the answers players are looking for while maintaining the team’s artistic vision for the end of this story arc in the Mass Effect universe.”

Casey Hudson, Executive Producer of the Mass Effect series added, “We have reprioritised our post-launch development efforts to provide the fans who want more closure with even more context and clarity to the ending of the game, in a way that will feel more personalised for each player.”"

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old April 5th, 2012, 09:46 PM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I really haven't gotten to play much of anything lately because my mother, who hasn't so much as touched a video game system since Atari came out, is now addicted to Skyrim and has spent 28 hours on it in the last week. Since we only got one xbox, I now have to fight with my mom and my brother for gaming time. I seriously hope my dad remains adamantly against playing xbox, or else I may never get to play again.

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun

Last edited by Darth Vader; April 5th, 2012 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Tyop
Old April 6th, 2012, 01:26 AM

AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby!

Just finished the original Resistance: Fall of Man. Probably the easiest "Normal" setting I've run across in a while.

Why now - years after original release? Because I am the cheapest gamer I know - 6.99 at GameStop. (Okay, I'm sure there are some cheaper, but you get the idea.)

AW88

Currently playing:
Dixit; Catan; Pastiche; and waiting for my copy of Critical Mass to arrive from Arcane Wonders!

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
Old April 6th, 2012, 12:30 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

More ME3 Multiplayer goodness.

http://www.cgrecord.net/2012/04/mass...e-trailer.html

Origin ID is TrenchTownRock. Add me if you need someone to go through Silver or Gold with.
Old April 14th, 2012, 12:49 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hey all, I'm just bummin here,But does anyone have a copy of Republic Commando PC they no longer want? (seeing as it's a 10 year old game) I'd be happy to take it off your hands! Thanks!

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old April 14th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Snagged Mortal Kombat (2011) last night. Played it all weekend so far. In the story mode and Liu Kang is not my main character. 23 fights with Shao Kahn and I've won a total of 3 rounds... I've never been so demoralized by a video game in my entire life which is saying a lot considering I have Platinum on Demon's Souls and Dark Souls.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old April 16th, 2012, 09:51 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Broke down and decided to improve my ending by playing ME3 multiplayer yesterday. Thankfully, its pretty well done and quite a bit of fun. I did sort of get my fill of it yesterday though. Can't say I have much need to keep playing further.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games