Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old September 7th, 2019, 03:20 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Sir Heroscape's customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
What about leaving engagement strikes on an already engaged taunted figure--you need to state if it happens or not.
Oops, good point. hmmm...not sure about that one. probably no engagement attacks to keep him from being too overpowered an ability, though allowing engagement attacks would probably be more thematic since the figure would be abandoning their current opponent for the guy taunting them.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 7th, 2019, 03:25 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I like this new direction. The figure has a proud pose that fits nicely with a taunting power. If I were you, though, I'd limit it specifically to Unique Heroes. The more "important" you are, the more susceptible you are to taunting. I doubt you could taunt a Fyorlag Spider very well, for instance.
Old September 7th, 2019, 03:38 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I like this new direction. The figure has a proud pose that fits nicely with a taunting power. If I were you, though, I'd limit it specifically to Unique Heroes. The more "important" you are, the more susceptible you are to taunting. I doubt you could taunt a Fyorlag Spider very well, for instance.
Hmmm. You make an interesting point. I would worry about just how often the power would then activate though. I feel like it would become a once in a while ability at that point.

Also, Maybe allow it to target any unique hero rather than just small or medium?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old September 7th, 2019, 03:53 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Hmmm. You make an interesting point. I would worry about just how often the power would then activate though. I feel like it would become a once in a while ability at that point.

Also, Maybe allow it to target any unique hero rather than just small or medium?
The thing about expanding to any unique hero is that it's harder to place Large and Huge figures. If it's not triggering much with small or medium unique heroes only, maybe bump the range on it a space or two?

This power has the potential to be super powerful, though. You can easily displace an opponent's Raelin and wound her on the same turn, while pulling her into engagement with a 6-life hero, likely on low ground. Next turn that gives you 3 attack of 4 with your Ravagers.
Old September 7th, 2019, 04:40 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
What about leaving engagement strikes on an already engaged taunted figure--you need to state if it happens or not.
Oops, good point. hmmm...not sure about that one. probably no engagement attacks to keep him from being too overpowered an ability, though allowing engagement attacks would probably be more thematic since the figure would be abandoning their current opponent for the guy taunting them.
I think you should bypass leaving engagement strikes here.

Let's say you surround Figure X with Ravagers, then activate Veguzza, taunt X over adjacent to Veg.

Maybe two L.E. strikes go off, you get Veguzza's L.E. 13 activating for a third wound, before Veguzza attacks (from height?).

Insta-kill in one turn? Too cheesy, IMO.
Old September 7th, 2019, 06:20 PM

yeah, you're probably right about the leaving engagement piece being a requirement...BUT it's also worth noting that the Taunt activates AFTER he's already attacked and the condition is that he has to have destroyed a figure that turn in order for it to activate. That and the player who controls the taunted figure gets to choose the spot to place them. So unless Veguzza is on a single hex by himself (or all other spaces have been filled somehow), than the figure can be placed on same-level or even on height. It's a little harder to pull off than you'd think because 2 conditions have to be met for it to activate: 1) Ravagers have to kill a figure to activate Veguzza and 2) Veguzza has to kill a figure to taunt in another figure.

It's for this reason that i'm hesitant to limit it to just unique heroes as well. As weird as it might be to taunt in a spider or whatever, I just don't think the ability would activate enough with that condition, at which point, it wouldn't be all that useful or fun in the game.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old September 7th, 2019, 06:25 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

What if you had to roll a D20 just for Squad figures? Make it something easy like a 10, so it's easier to taunt heros, because they aren't afraid of you, but squad figures are more cautious, and less likely to engage the Ravager hero.
Old September 7th, 2019, 07:18 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I personally don't mind Taunt working on any small/medium. It's entirely possible that a Unique/uncommon hero comes along that it's exactly as weird for taunt to work against as it is with the spiders, so I don't think it's worth the mechanical sacrifice.

I like this direction overall. It emphasizes an element of cunning that feels appropriate here. I also quite like Swamp Water Mastery combined with Taunt, as it allows Veguzza to lure enemies to low-ground positions where she has the edge. I honestly think that dynamic is a little more important than Engagement Strike, which seems a little strong at 13, but that's something more easily explored in testing.
Old September 8th, 2019, 02:08 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I like this version of Veguzza considerably more, and it feels like a better fit for the sculpt as well. I think that changing Taunt to only work on Unique Heroes would be less thematic because it's more likely that a generic squaddie would get enraged after a friend gets cut down than some of the heroes we've seen. There are weird cases such as Spiders getting taunted, but I still prefer that over limiting the power to such an extent.

As for leaving engagement strikes, taunted figures should definitely ignore them in any case to avoid some silly shenanigans, but I'd like Taunt even more if it could only work on unengaged figures. If one of the opponents is already engaged and fighting a Ravager, then I think that he wouldn't turn his back to the enemy immediately over any kill, and it works as a way to potentially keep Veguzza in check.

I also like combining this with Swamp Water Mastery on a melee unit. It seems like it'd be a lot of fun to play with. I'm tempted to suggest changing it to flat-out Water Mastery to make him less map-dependent (the Ravagers already do that pretty well on their own), but the theme of him excelling in swamps doesn't come across as well then. Perhaps it could be a dial to turn if he's feeling too weak or dependent on swamp.
Old September 8th, 2019, 02:36 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:

As for leaving engagement strikes, taunted figures should definitely ignore them in any case to avoid some silly shenanigans, but I'd like Taunt even more if it could only work on unengaged figures. If one of the opponents is already engaged and fighting a Ravager, then I think that he wouldn't turn his back to the enemy immediately over any kill, and it works as a way to potentially keep Veguzza in check.p.
This is an excellent suggestion and cleans up the design considerably

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old September 8th, 2019, 04:52 PM

Really good feedback. I think the change to no disengage attacks and just unengaged figures makes sense. Though, now that I think about it, I don't need the disengage clause if the figures are required to be unengaged. That'll save some space yay! I really like how this is headed and so far the playtests I've done in the last couple days have been significantly more fun with him running around WITH the Durgeth. I do hope a Savage Supremacy power does get used eventually in a hero, but he does feel more of a Hero in the frontlines taunting in opponents with his savage maiming of their comrades rather than a leader sitting back and enhancing his troops.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old September 8th, 2019, 10:25 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Liking the direction of this one.

Savage Taunt seems redundant, though (He's already a Savage)...
What about Bloody Taunt, Lethal Taunt, Bloody Provocation...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards