Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 24th, 2007, 08:32 PM

riledguy has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent_Drake_8
Quote:
Originally Posted by riledguy
Want to see a beautiful thing.. 3 squads of zombies (120 points) will decimate Charos.
When I learned math, my teacher taught me that 3*60 was 180 :P (Not trying to come across as rude, but that's a potentiolly misleading post)
You are right... meant to say 180...

to think I was once good at math..

So for 180 you can decimate Charos with a lot of your crew left over and all for less then the cost of the big green dragon.
Old June 7th, 2007, 11:08 AM

playa1 knows what's in an order marker playa1 knows what's in an order marker
Once I played against an army of all zombies and Sudema with DW9000 and DW8000 army (with Me-Burq-SA, Ornak and blade gruts).

My opponent and I figured that DW9000 and DW8000 would be all I need to wipe out the zombie horde, but it was a lot harder than I thought. He took out DW8000 eventually, but the soulburg specials didn't do as well as one would think. Once DW9000 is engaged by a zombie, his explosion special is virtually useless. The horde movement gets lots and lots of zombies on these guys and when DW9000 gets only one attack a turn, it becomes difficult to take out the horde. I eventually won, but it was really difficult.

Another side note was the Me-Burq-Sa and Sudema Staring contest -- good fun! Me-Burq-Sa won.
Old June 13th, 2007, 03:06 PM

SunDevil has disabled reputation
I've played the Zombies more than any of my Scape-playing friends and even got to run 4 squads of them in a tournament a few weeks ago. I'm certainly no expert but I am a huge fan so I had to add two things to this thread -

1. The Zombies are one of Scape perfect units. I know that is a huge boast but my results with them back it up. They win more than they lose. (If teamed up right, of course - they need ranged help or some way to tie up enemy range. I love the suggestion of the Shades so I'll be trying them soon!) Also, whether they win or lose, they play just like zombies act in films and books! When they do well, it is because they overran an opponent with massive numbers making up for their slow, shambling movement and ate them - making more undead! If they lose, it's usually because a calm, level-headed opponent planned ahead, used range, maybe some height and took them out one by one in a methodical way without being mobbed and consumed. That, or a Giant/Dragon/Robot destroys them in waves. Point is - the zombies play like zombies, win or lose, and that makes them my second favorite unit in the entire game.

2. My favorite unit is one that excels at killing zombeis and has not been mentioned here yet - the Shaolin Monks! Unlike other units mentioned, the Monks actually WANT to be mobbed my the undead! Then they can use Shaolin Assault (should have been caled Fists of Fury) to take out up to 18 zombies in a single turn (each Monk takes out 6 adjacent zombies)! They can also Leap away without taking wounds and land right in the middle of more zombies to maximize their KO! I took out 11 zombies with a single squad of Monks just this week. It's easy to blow up thge undead with 20-siders (Braxis) or connective powers (Jotun's Wild Swing, any Shotgun Blast) but I wanted to be sure a common squad like the Monks got their credit. They are the anti-Squad Squad.

In conclusion -

- Scape Zombies are flawlessly designed.

- The Monks tear the Zombies up.

Great thread. I need to find and read more of these 'Books'.

The contents of this package are the goods.
Old June 17th, 2007, 02:53 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
In my Utgar vs Einar&Ullar game today i decided i wouldn't keep the zombies for the last assault, as i usually do, but i would get them out into battle early. I had 2 squads of Zombies and they were pretty good.
I managed to take out a squad of venocs (because of the 0 defense) but because i had all 6 zombies i didn't have to revive any. A few got killed off but Sacred band but were easily reborn. I went down to 3 zombies a few times but managed to bring the total back up to 6! Then they met the Tagawa Samurai (with their 6 attack) and the zombies were cut to shreds!
Old June 18th, 2007, 10:03 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I playe another game with 2 squads of Zombies and i decided to use them early again and they lasted for a long time. I went down to 2 zombies and managed to crawl back up to 6! They are great - i guess it also helped that taelord came along too!
Old June 25th, 2007, 06:38 PM

Sargent_Drake_8 has disabled reputation
Once upon a time, Sarge went to Target to find that they had finally stocked wave six. He immideately ran home and unwraped every single precious peice, then began playing, using as much of wave six as possible. After exploring many draft possibilities, the following armies were put together.

Utgar(Me)
120-Runa
180-Taelord
110-Minions
130-Ke-Mo-Shi
100-Shades
120-Zombies(x2)
120-Grimnak
070-Heavy Gruts
040-Blade Gruts
Total-1010 points

Einar(Friend)
050-Leigonaires
100-Marcus
110-Valguard
140-tEI
090-Kiova
065-TSA
120-Tagawa
100-Kozuke
110-NotNW
120-Kaemon Awa
Total-1005 points

The battle raged back and forth, resulting in some EXTREMELY bad luck for my Utgar army. In the end, it came down to the shades and the zombies against most of Einar's army. (The dice gods did not smile on me up to this point in the game) Not knowing what else to do, I moved my shades out to hold Valda, Gerda, and Dagmar (My friend had Astrid) and then loaded my order markers on the Zombies.

THESE GUYS WERE FREAKIN' AMAZING!

My 120 points of zombies single-handedly chewed their way through marcus, valguard, two imperium WITH kiova's backup, Kiova herself, two samurai archers,one tagawa, two kozuke, two ninjas, and Awa for an amazing win! I figure that they took out a total of 736.33 points, and still had four zombies left over at the end.I wish I'd had a camera around, because the look on my friend's face was priceless.

I love these guys now. Even if this was a once in a lifetime experience.

Sarge is Torch...
aboard STARSHIP GAMMA...
Old June 25th, 2007, 09:47 PM

Dumb Dwarf has disabled reputation
Just my but I happen to agree with a lot of whats been posted so far.
Zombies are useless unless you draft 3 plus. The more you draft, the better they get. (if you go with 1 or 2, the true potential of horde movement)

I also agree that their biggest hangup is an opponent methodically picking them off with fast ranged units.

So thinking of the units in the game, what is the greatest unit for tying down an opponent and forcing them to play your game?

RoboRats, and priced at 40 points they offer a nice even compliment to the zombies at 60.

Pairing them up, I have found that the rats can effectively tie up most counters for the zombies (except disengaging ones), and once they are in position they require little of your attention. Freeing up those valuable Order Markers to make the game reminescent of a B-grade horror movie.

I just hope Aquilla doesn't summon me any time soon.
Old June 28th, 2007, 08:04 AM

I have grown to love these guys. At the moment i have only been playing with 2 squads but they are great.
The best way to keep a Zombie horde re-populating in by going for the low defense squad figures. My preferences would be going for the Sacred Band, Romans or Aubriens. Another good strategywould be to use a Hero to bring an opponents hero's life down to 1 or 2 health then go in with the Zombies!
Old June 28th, 2007, 10:45 AM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemaster
Charos: He has high attack, so most of the time he will kill the zombie he attacks; he has highdefence+Counterstrike, so basically all zombies other than those who manage to close in and use their swarm attack will die; and he is large, so he will not be zombified in the case that he does fall.
No, not a good idea. I've used Charos against the zombies. He only lasted about 2 rounds. First, with Charos, he only gets 1 attack a turn. If your opponent has 3 squads, one zombie a turn is useless. Second, the Zombie's Onslaught ability bypasses Counterstrike, making it useless. So it's basically 6 attack vs. 5 defense w/o Counterstrike. Third, if your opponent has 3 squads swarming Charos(like my opponent), Charos will ALWAYS be attacked by the 6 attack onslaught because he cannot kill enough to reduce them to 2 or 3 since he only attacks 1 time. Anyway my point is is that Charos doesn't fair well against multiple squads of Zombies.

Old June 28th, 2007, 01:41 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I don't think the zombies are too good. They seem awesome on paper but don't seem to do well in games. I have used shades x2 with zombies to try and tie up units but it doesn't really work. Also I have found that the zombies really really suck against the einar imperium. stealth flying, double attack, and their queen decimates all zombie armies. I love the zombies, they look awesome, and they are fun, but they can't compete competetively. Q9 or any other large figure crushes them. Although I have seen them win once, and it was against the microcorp agents, who had height. I would like to see how zombies would do in an all melee tournament. It would be interesting to see if they would win or not.
Old June 28th, 2007, 02:01 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven
I would like to see how zombies would do in an all melee tournament. It would be interesting to see if they would win or not.
PoF and his lil bro played a 300 point all melee game. His lil bro used 5 squads of Zombies. I didn't see the game, but I heard the Zombies decimated his whole army. They're VERY good in an all-melee situation.

Old June 28th, 2007, 03:35 PM

War Solves Everything has disabled reputation
zombies are one of the best squads in the game, you can move them all and set them up for their special attack, plus the attack of six should take down a squad member, (unless the dice gods are mad at you) then bring back a dead one. and for 60 points! Common, i dare someone to say they suck.

I feel sorry for you. Your not me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units