Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project
C3G Project A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old May 16th, 2015, 01:02 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Yet another Rectangular Cards thread

The more I think about it the more I LOVE the flip card mechanic. It would really reduce the clutter on the table by eliminating a few markers.

That's all.
Old May 16th, 2015, 11:47 PM

Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks again for the encouragement. You've inspired me to build another one today.

ODINSLEEP is a little bit trickier than the other flipper functions I've converted, since it doesn't keep oscillating throughout the game like most of the others. I did another one-timer for Human Torch's SUPERNOVA SPECIAL ATTACK, and that one was easy since after flipping it just stays on the second side forever. ODINSLEEP, by comparison, flips the card back to the normal side when Odin wakes up, but the card must be prevented from ever flipping again. So the obvious way to handle that was just to start it with "Once per game."

Another benefit of this flipping trick in general is that splitting the text, and eliminating all the references to the marker and its location, helps quite a bit with font size. Putting the official C3G text on this card template would have required a reduction to 7-point type, but in this double-sided form the front-side text is at full size (8.5 pt on 9) and the back-side text drops to only 8 on 8.5.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Last edited by Just_a_Bill; November 21st, 2018 at 03:02 PM.
Old May 17th, 2015, 02:32 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I really like that flip card idea. Splitting the power into two really works well.
Old May 17th, 2015, 08:07 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

shouldn't you make the Move & Attack numbers be 0 on the back side & remove the other 2 special powers?
Old May 17th, 2015, 06:08 PM

Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
shouldn't you make the Move & Attack numbers be 0 on the back side
I was originally going to replace the numbers with dashes, but then I realized that Odin actually still has a 6, a 4, and a 7; he just can't use them normally. But if another effect ever comes along that counts, or is triggered by, certain numbers, I would be changing the card's gameplay if I removed those numbers. So I think I may compromise by just muting them back by like 90%.

This kinda looks like the numbers were peeled off the card leaving the adhesive behind, but you can still read their values just in case they ever become relevant.

Quote:
& remove the other 2 special powers?
I was holding off on making additional text changes until I got confirmation on a couple of questions in the Book of Odin, but you're right that I could have deleted ASGARDIAN ALL-FATHER regardless. (It's moot since you can't reveal order markers on an Odinsleeping Odin.) However, ODIN FORCE works even when the king is asleep, so that one has to stay.

Note also that Nite-Nite Odin still has his SUPER STRENGTH and FLYING, so if somebody pushes him off a cliff in his sleep, he still lands safely.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Last edited by Just_a_Bill; November 21st, 2018 at 03:03 PM.
Old May 17th, 2015, 07:20 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'm pretty sure there are already effects in that style - Rogue comes to mind, being forced to use the Attack and Defense numbers of the person she drains. (Of course, Odin is an Event Hero, so she couldn't anyways... but definitely prudent regardless because it's a design space we've explored in the past.)
Old May 17th, 2015, 07:42 PM

I should confess that this flipping thing does actually change gameplay with at least one figure I'm aware of:
Zatanna
RELTA ETATS 16
After moving and before attacking, you may choose one marker other than an Order Marker on the card of a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Zatanna. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, remove the chosen marker from the game.
Zatanna can normally remove Odin's white Raven Marker from the game, forcing Odin to wake up without healing. My alternate implementation as a flip-card makes that impossible. I decided to live with it because RELTA ETATS is the kind of loose-cannon special power that is very likely to have unintended consequences in the game and/or step on future design space anyway, and may in fact even get revised someday to say "except an Event Hero" for all I know.

(I had also thought I'd seen another design that transferred any marker from one card to another, but I can't find it now. That power concept is even more of a problem waiting to happen, and really shouldn't be allowed to put markers on cards where they don't make sense anyway, so I didn't sweat that one.)

Old May 17th, 2015, 07:54 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
(I had also thought I'd seen another design that transferred any marker from one card to another, but I can't find it now. That power concept is even more of a problem waiting to happen, and really shouldn't be allowed to put markers on cards where they don't make sense anyway, so I didn't sweat that one.)
You might be thinking of this guy - I remember you getting involved in that conversation in the Public Design Thread. Probably not something for you to worry about, since he's not an official design (and still quite a long ways from ever becoming one).
Old May 17th, 2015, 08:13 PM

Yup, that was it. Thanks for the reminder.

Old May 17th, 2015, 09:28 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
shouldn't you make the Move & Attack numbers be 0 on the back side
I was originally going to replace the numbers with dashes, but then I realized that Odin actually still has a 6, a 4, and a 7; he just can't use them normally. But if another effect ever comes along that counts, or is triggered by, certain numbers, I would be changing the card's gameplay if I removed those numbers. So I think I may compromise by just muting them back by like 90%.

This kinda looks like the numbers were peeled off the card leaving the adhesive behind, but you can still read their values just in case they ever become relevant.

Quote:
& remove the other 2 special powers?
I was holding off on making additional text changes until I got confirmation on a couple of questions in the Book of Odin, but you're right that I could have deleted ASGARDIAN ALL-FATHER regardless. (It's moot since you can't reveal order markers on an Odinsleeping Odin.) However, ODIN FORCE works even when the king is asleep, so that one has to stay.

Note also that Nite-Nite Odin still has his SUPER STRENGTH and FLYING, so if somebody pushes him off a cliff in his sleep, he still lands safely.

It may just be my colorblindness but the attack number is completely invisible to me. My wife assured me that there was a 7 there but I didn't see it. May need an adjustment to make it look ok printed.
Old May 17th, 2015, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
It may just be my colorblindness but the attack number is completely invisible to me. My wife assured me that there was a 7 there but I didn't see it. May need an adjustment to make it look ok printed.
Ah, that's good to know; thanks. Is this better? I doubled the opacity from 10% to 20%, and flipped the text color from white to black.

Last edited by Just_a_Bill; November 21st, 2018 at 03:06 PM.
Old May 17th, 2015, 11:05 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Ah, that's good to know; thanks. Is this better? I doubled the opacity from 10% to 20%, and flipped the text color from white to black.

Great. Thanks.

The green isn't as clear as it was before but it's still visible.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project