Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project
C3G Project A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old April 23rd, 2015, 07:17 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: Yet another Rectangular Cards thread

I love the look of your character cards and I'm totally going to steal emulate the idea
Old April 24th, 2015, 10:58 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What a great read! I really enjoyed looking through this thread and seeing all the work you've done and all the consideration you've put into design and economy of space. Those are some really great looking cards. I especially like the decisions you made regarding glyphs and cutting all that annoying, unnecessary text that we at C3G just kept on to keep the cards looking "official." Going rectangular already shows a boldness to be its own thing, so going there just makes a lot of sense to me.

One of these days, if I ever have money again, I really hope to get myself a collection of rectangular cards. Even if it's just for the table space, they make a ton of sense to me!

(Also, love the card flip concept! Good stuff! Oh, and I cracked up at what you did with Thing's card).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 24th, 2015, 09:58 PM

Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks for the encouragement, guys. It is truly appreciated and inspires me to press ahead.

After finishing the D.O. template and reflecting on it, it suddenly hit me that the little "delta" or blunt point on the DESTRUCTIBLE OBJECT bar ...

... looked a lot like a design element from the packaging and rules documents:

I wish I could say this was deliberate design competence on my part, but honestly it was serendipitous. Anyway, I decided immediately that I wanted to try to bring that motif back into the other card templates. Not only does it "feel Scapier" but it also just plain looks better than the sharp angles I've ended up with in some areas.

Probably I will have to rethink the other templates' layouts entirely, but for the moment I've hacked some quick-and-dirty retrofits so I can let this simmer on my hindbrain for a while.

It does make the hit zone areas a bit more ziggy, but I definitely like my attribute bars better now, especially on the glyph templates. And it's interesting that the text background on the regular glyph template already had a pretty big delta that I hadn't even noticed until now.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Last edited by Just_a_Bill; November 21st, 2018 at 02:57 PM.
Old April 25th, 2015, 10:04 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Very cool, Bill.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 25th, 2015, 10:37 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

For the alignment symbols for foes of certain heroes (like Batman rogues, for instance), what if you just took the normal hero symbol and put a scarred/slash through it?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 25th, 2015, 10:45 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Not a bad idea. I know I've seen a couple different games (including Clix) use this symbol or one like it for Spidey enemies:
Old April 25th, 2015, 10:52 AM

Yeah, but the circle might be tough to get around some of the symbols, especially the batman one. So I was thinking just a single diagonal slash with some texture. Something in the vein of one of these:

Old April 25th, 2015, 12:49 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Yeah, but the circle might be tough to get around some of the symbols, especially the batman one. So I was thinking just a single diagonal slash with some texture. Something in the vein of one of these:

I'm not seeing you picture here.
Old April 25th, 2015, 12:57 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'm seeing it. It just looks like some cat claws ripped through paper.
Old April 25th, 2015, 01:13 PM

Yep, that's the one. A single one of those, or something like it, could be a simple slash mark through any symbol to show you're dealing with the baddies instead of the Heroes.

Old April 25th, 2015, 01:37 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

The picture's not working for me either, but what you're describing does sound like it would work well for the circle-incompatible logos.
Old April 25th, 2015, 04:01 PM

Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm thinking that any attempt to overlay another image is going to look great on some icons, okay on others, and lousy on still others. I'm leaning toward keeping it simple:

A few test runs:

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Last edited by Just_a_Bill; November 21st, 2018 at 03:00 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project