Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 27th, 2013, 09:55 AM
"Special Eyes"

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Scarlet Spider (Kaine Parker)

You're missing an "If" to start the last sentence of Swing Line, and you're missing s's in the text of Spider Stingers.

Can the Stealth Marker be placed when he's moved by Telepathic Directive or any of the Carry powers? That seems to be one of the latest debates with the "Before moving" text.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - WAVE 40 - WAR OF THE INDEPENDENTS
Old July 27th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I still don't really see any mechanical reason not to use Stealth Mode... like you said, he's pretty much going to have Phantom Walk 100% of the time, then Invisibility depending on whether or not he's made a move. I'll admit that there's a difference between "revealed Order Marker" and "attacked this round" but it's marginal at best.

More importantly it's the exact same theme. Is it worth making a new power for such a negligible difference?
Old July 27th, 2013, 02:12 PM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Like I said, I'd be for making it a once per round thing, that way it's not a permanent boost, plus adds a tiny bit more strategy to him.

I pretty sure the whole movement debacle was cleared up, saying you can't use powers that say "before/after moving."
Old July 27th, 2013, 02:15 PM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Does this look good for ERB then?

I'd like to keep conflicted as personality here. Throughout his whole series (So far, hasn't been going for too long, admittedly), he's going back and forth whether he's still the same monster he used to be, or if he's redeemed himself.

Quote:
NAME = SCARLET SPIDER

SECRET IDENTITY = KAINE PARKER

SPECIES = CLONE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = VIGILANTE
PERSONALITY = CONFLICTED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 250?

STEALTH SUIT
Once per round, before moving Scarlet Spider, you may place the Stealth Marker on this card. While the Stealth Marker is on this card, Scarlet Spider can move through all figures and obstacles such as ruins and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. Scarlet Spider cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attack or for any opponents' special powers that require clear sight. If Scarlet Spider attacks or uses any other special power on this Army Card, remove the Stealth Marker from this card.

SWING LINE 4
Instead of his normal move, Scarlet Spider may use his Swing Line. Swing Line has a move of 4. When counting spaces for Scarlet Spiderís Swing Line movement, ignore elevations. Scarlet Spider may swing over water without stopping, swing over figures without becoming engaged, and swing over obstacles such as ruins. Scarlet Spider may not Swing Line more than 40 levels up or down in a single Swing Line. If Scarlet Spider is engaged when he starts to Swing Line, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SPIDER STINGERS
Instead of attacking, you may choose an adjacent opponentís figure and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound. After rolling for Spider Stingers, you may roll for Spider Stingers one additional time.

SUPERSTRENGTH
Old July 28th, 2013, 02:43 PM
One time at band camp...

Off to ERB!
Old July 28th, 2013, 03:58 PM
One time at band camp...

Exciting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok
No concerns.
Old July 28th, 2013, 07:18 PM
One time at band camp...

We'll need a marker color. Didn't get that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl
Scarlet OíSpider

ďFrankly, my dear, I donít give a Ė SPIDER!!! Kill it!!! Aaaaagh!!!Ē Red Butler, from Gone With the Arachnid

Stealth Suit
Pretty sneaky ability. I almost didnít see this.

Do you need to specify the marker color?

Does Scarlet Spider begin the game with the Marker on his card? Iím assuming not.

Swing Line 4
Vetted!

Spider Stingers
Nice alternative for attacking.

Final Thoughts
The design seems pretty solid. Now, where did I put that Stealth Suit?
Old July 28th, 2013, 08:37 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Black for a Stealth Marker?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 28th, 2013, 08:42 PM
One time at band camp...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Black for a Stealth Marker?
That's my thought. We can always play with it in Final Editing.
Old July 28th, 2013, 08:57 PM
"Special Eyes"

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Black is good.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - WAVE 40 - WAR OF THE INDEPENDENTS
Old July 28th, 2013, 11:42 PM
One time at band camp...

I don't think Stealth Suit is really redundant. It's much more useful, plus if he doesn't attack, he can stay hidden if need be (Great for glyphs or whatnot). He doesn't use it all the time in the comics, which is why I want to stay away from it being all the time.

Kaine is much more durable (And stronger) because of the Jackel's extra testing.

And it was intended to attack only one figure, for more of the assassination feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth
Hmmm. Stealth Suit doesn't do a whole lot for me, probably because a good portion of the power is redundant with Swing Line. If you're looking for the point cost you've guesses to hold up, I'd probably just drop the not taking LEA and once per round part, and just have it be a static power where he can't be targeted from range. Since he doesn't have range himself, I'd think it would be fine (it's not like he can kite), and frankly, with only 4 defense and no Spidey Sense, he needs the defensive help.

Along those lines, is it thematic for him to have 6 lives? I can't imagine why, as a clone of Peter Parker, he's able to take more damage (although I admit my knowledge of the character is limited).

On Spider Stingers, it says he can "roll twice". As is, I would assume the sequence of this power is : 1) choose a figure, 2) roll the d20, 3) roll the d20 again for the same figure. Is that what you intended, or did you intend to allow him to "use this special power one additional time" (target a different figure).
Old July 30th, 2013, 10:27 PM
One time at band camp...

C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Scarlet Spider (Kaine Parker)

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass Not as tough as he should be, but the rest of it I like.

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass

Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes

- What should be the unit's point value? 230?
- Give a brief overview. Doesnít have good survivability, but he deals enough damage, so heís pretty useful!
Map: Custom

Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test

- What should be the unit's point value? 230
- Give a brief overview. Kaine picked them off one at a time, but eventually was overwhelmed.
Units: Hand Ninja x2 -1
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? No

- What should be the unit's point value? 15!
- Give a brief overview. A single Minion took out Kaine with good Bloodthirsty rolls!
Units: Vampire Minions x2 -1
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test

- What should be the unit's point value? 220?
- Give a brief overview. I don't remember the figures that were left, forgot to write it down, but it was a decent slaughter.
Units: Scarlet Spider (230), Batman II, Rorschach, Nite Owl, Robin (Damian), Robin (Dick), Catgirl (990)
Vs.
Kingpin, Black Taratula, Black Mask, Man-Bat Assassins, Street Thugs x3 (995)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Eh.

- What should be the unit's point value? 210?
- Give a brief overview. Wanted to try his assassination potential against a pod. He snuck in immediately, dealing 2 wounds to Mastermind with his Stingers, but that was about the extent of it. He missed ALL of his rolls afterwards, even with the number drop.
Units: Scarlet Spider, Robin (Damian), Gordon, Alfred, Cops x2 (590)
Vs.
Bizarro, Punisher, Mastermind, Beast Boy (Cheetah) (600)
[spoiler]Scarlet Spider runs to Mastermind, Stinging him twice. Punisher misses Scarlet. Robin puts 2 wounds on Punisher, but Bizarro kills Robin in one hit! Punisher kills 3 cops! Scarlet misses his Stingers for like the 3rd time in a row against Mastermind. 4th time missing. Punisher kills Scarlet, and then mows down Alfred and Gordon in the same turn.
Who won and how many wounds did they have? Bizarro with 0 wounds, Punisher with 3 wounds, Mastermind with 3 wounds, and Beast Boy with 0 wounds.

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Eh, again.

- What should be the unit's point value? 210?
- Give a brief overview. He just isnít as tough as he should be. Robin and Spoiler put up the biggest fight here. Yeah Scarlet did some decent damage, but he mainly just soaked up damage.
Units: Scarlet Spider (220), Azreal, Huntress, Nite Owl, Alfred, Robin (Tim), Robin (Damian), Spoiler (1000)
Vs.
The Hood, Purple Man, Trapster, Clayface, Black Mask, Bodyguard x1, Street Thugs x3 (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library