Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old February 14th, 2008, 09:56 AM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker
American Revolution Game?

Does anyone know of a board game that about the American Revolution? A&A and Memior '44 does WWII, Battle Cry does the Civil War, and C&C Ancients and Conqust of the Empire do ancient battles. Is there a similar game for the American Revolution?
Old March 2nd, 2008, 01:25 AM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: American Revolution Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepler
Does anyone know of a board game that about the American Revolution? A&A and Memior '44 does WWII, Battle Cry does the Civil War, and C&C Ancients and Conqust of the Empire do ancient battles. Is there a similar game for the American Revolution?
I think the best American Revolution game is "We The People" by Avalon Hill. It uses the point to point movement and card driven combat featured in Hannibal. Unfortunately, the game is both out of print and in very high demand, which means it will cost you about $80 on Ebay for a used copy.

Avalon Hill also made a game called 1776 that has gotten some good reviews, though I have never played it.

Here is a link to many other American Revolution games as found on boardgamegeek.com

http://boardgamegeek.com/browser.php...olutionary+War
Old March 2nd, 2008, 07:22 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I have 1776, but have yet to play it.
Old March 7th, 2008, 11:22 PM

KevinWC Woo who?
I have 1776. It has several boards representing the east coast of america. There are several scenarios (Canada, Saratoga, Yorktown etc.) and also a grand campaign game. It is a pretty cool game, but I imagine it would be hard to come by now.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games