Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 12th, 2017, 04:21 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Ares (Vote for Initial Playtesting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekthefreak View Post
How do i become a "hero".
Experiments, Mutant abilities, accidents, training, mystical artifact...lots of ways to get gifts but the key is..

to use your gift's for good.

Otherwise you would end up a Villain.

or read the thread Arkham linked to.
Old April 13th, 2017, 12:10 AM
Gorred the Con-petition. C3G Con Champ 2021!

Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun

This passes on time.
Old April 13th, 2017, 01:04 AM

Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun

C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Ares

Army Test 1
Map: Custom
Units:
Ares(565), Ragdoll(100), Atom(50), Jon Stewart(340), Beast Boy(Reg + Bear + Cheetah)(100), Alfred(60), Aaron Cash(75), Green Construct(Decoy) x3(150) (1,440)
vs.
Luke Cage(200), Iron Fist(260), Wolverine(280), Spider-Man(250), Swordsman(160), Tigra(170), Firestar(120) (1,440)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2 (rematch)
Units:
Ares(565), Ragdoll(100), Atom(50), Jon Stewart(340), Beast Boy(Reg + Bear + Cheetah)(100), Alfred(60), Aaron Cash(75), Green Construct(Decoy) x3(150) (1,440)
vs.
Luke Cage(200), Iron Fist(260), Wolverine(280), Spider-Man(250), Swordsman(160), Tigra(170), Firestar(120) (1,440)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 3 (Ares at 5 attack)
Units:
Ares(545), Jean Grey(180), Invisible Woman(215), Jason(175), Merlyn(160) (1,275)
vs.
Mr. Fantastic(235), Thing(325), Human Torch(225), She-Hulk(310), Jocasta(180) (1,275)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:
Ares definitely has some bite to him. You can feel the momentum during his matches, and momentum is absolutely everything in terms of who wins. His attack of 9 + a -1 to his opponent's defense, it can get nasty real quick. The first game definitely wasn't the best tell on his average performance, but it does show how dominate he can be if things are going strongly into his favor.

Overall, I'm not worried about him being too good, as his opponent can put the focus on him and really take it to him with the +1 attack he is offering them as well. Ares can also harm his own team's defense, which definitely makes his team fall quicker, and the lockdown aspect can hurt his own team's options at times from attacking who you may want/need to due to starting your turn engaged. So there's a lot of factors at play that both help and hinder each side, so ultimately it doesn't feel overwhelming for either side, but mutually difficult, requiring a bit of strategy with each turn. In the 3rd game Ares' attack was reduced to 5, and I felt this helped keep him more in check. I don't really have any worries based on my tests, he seems to be a fun unit that definitely fits the theme of the character. When the heat is on him however, he will struggle to hang in there.

Last edited by Arkham; April 13th, 2017 at 08:46 PM.
Old April 13th, 2017, 01:34 AM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Just so we're (I'm) clear, all of the effects of Malevolent Influence stack; right?

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old April 13th, 2017, 01:39 AM

That is correct.
Old April 13th, 2017, 02:20 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Technically you tested him at 565 right? If you could edit your post to reflect that I'd appreciate it. This isn't a criticism of you but I've noticed a few reports around lately that I have the same issue with. If he doesn't have a cost nailed down (which if he did we wouldn't be testing) then he is essentially being tested at Opponent's army total - His allies total.

Again this isn't exclusively for you Arkham but since it's a public thread I wanted to get those thoughts out there.

EDIT: I am in favor of the attack reduction by the way. I don't think 2 test is enough to call the initial test over but as I reread your post it is likely I misunderstood and you are not done just stating that you are making an adjustment.

EDIT 2: Typically when we have a design like this that would be useless to do Squad and Heavy Hitter test on we do more than the two army test.
Old April 13th, 2017, 02:28 AM

I usually put the total of the figure adjusted to the opponent's army, so it's all good. Just hadn't on this one.

I can do 1 more test, but I felt the 3 I had done prior to ease into these 2 were probably sufficient enough to get an idea of what we're dealing with, even if it's been modified after each test. I suppose that's not the case, based on your reaction.
Old April 13th, 2017, 08:59 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I think the more tests the better here. He is essentially a scenario.

I would like to see him with perhaps some boosters like Invisible Woman or Bane.
Sue makes him even tougher and may force the opponent to destroy her first which falls into Ares' plan.
Old April 13th, 2017, 09:19 AM

That's fair.

Though, it seems either way we're going to want a fair degree of Public testing, as generally there's only so much I can do myself before we want to see what others can do with the design. So I'd rather not pour all of my tests into the Initials alone. I do plan to follow up with Public testing as well once we have things settled(which I feel like we do after all the tweaks that have been made, + the attack reduction), as I usually do. But I'm game for 1 more test with that reduction just to put a bow on it for now.
Old April 13th, 2017, 12:16 PM

I'll be rolling with this:

Ares(545), Jean Grey(180), Invisible Woman(215), Jason(175), Merlyn(160) (1,275)
vs.
Mr. Fantastic(235), Thing(325), Human Torch(225), She-Hulk(310), Jocasta(180) (1,275)
Old April 13th, 2017, 12:58 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yikes. That is a top notch F4 build.

Though Ares did steal Sue which is really fun.
Old April 13th, 2017, 08:48 PM

3rd test is in, a pretty close game that could have gone either way had the rolls not been so lucky by Jean in the end. I played the 3rd one with Ares' attack at 5, and I feel we're good to go here. He's come along way since the initial proposed design, and I feel he's at a pretty well balanced point to go into Public Testing.

Last edited by Arkham; April 14th, 2017 at 09:21 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library