Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old January 18th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Re: Champion for a Day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
wOOt!

Ollie's back.

Here's the event where Denrick won. It was a wave format, where each army had to be from a particular wave.
Dad_Scaper saying wOOt? Standards have been slipping in my absence. I suppose I should be grateful that they're Os and not 0s.

But yes, that looks like a clear-cut decision for Denrick.
Old January 18th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yes, well.

What is that weird smiley you have there? *Nobody* uses that one, old timer.

Well, almost nobody...
Spoiler Alert!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 18th, 2013, 09:50 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

I was wondering if that was a "legal" Grok Champions Day myself. I don't mind which way it goes, but Lettucemode still has to win that game to win the Championship, so the Groks are glorified for a little bit. I don't know...

EDIT: It seems like it might be hard going forward with all the newer formats that are coming out to get some less used figures used more if we say that that Grok (or whatever figure)'s Champion Day wasn't legal because the format favored it.

Anyways, either way...we all now know the Groks can win in a Tournament situation.
Old January 19th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
...old timer...
Talking of which, Kid_scaper must be getting on a bit now. Old enough for this yet? (I'm trying to recruit 12 'scapers to my section so that we can play 'scape all week. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
EDIT: It seems like it might be hard going forward with all the newer formats that are coming out to get some less used figures used more if we say that that Grok (or whatever figure)'s Champion Day wasn't legal because the format favored it.
Yeah, I think this has been discussed a few times and I don't think it's a problem. It's fine to have events that have a winning player but not winning units and a lot of strange new formats seem to be fitting this description.

I think this is importantly different from saying that it was not allowed because the "format favored" something.

Also, the goal is not so much to get units played more, but to point out that they already are being played. The thread was started initially as a counter to those who were talking as if the tournament scene consisted of five or ten units that won everything and that nothing ranked lower than B was ever seen.
Old February 10th, 2013, 08:45 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Kevindola Just won the Peoria B- List Tourney with Red Wyrmling x4, Blue Wyrmling x2, White Wyrmling x3, Warriors of Ashra x3, Moltenclaw.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...&postcount=104

Tournament Record:124-50 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old June 13th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Scapecon 2021 Main Event Champion

Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker

I won the Louisville Tournament durning the month of May with Major X17, the format was:

VC POD DRAFT

Spoiler Alert!

My two pods were:
Hoplitrons x5
Major X17
and
Nhah Scirh Cultist x2
Heirloom
I went 5-0 and came in first, out of 7,

Don't cry because the tournament is over, smile because it happened
Old June 16th, 2014, 05:38 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Ollie you could actually accomplish this dream if you started playing ONLINE SCAPE!

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old January 20th, 2015, 01:52 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie
I contend that in the current tournament metagame, however that is realised across the world, that every single unit in Heroscape has what it takes to win a tournament.
I was curious how this thread was intended to handle drafts and take 2 tournaments in regards to figures. Or is 'champion for a day' only taking into account blind tournies?

Someone could win 7 games at a take 2 tournament with only playing a figure they brought once, or even not at all....
Old January 20th, 2015, 03:11 PM
Is a Quadradical

This bit from a few posts back captures my thoughts on this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
...I think this has been discussed a few times and I don't think it's a problem. It's fine to have events that have a winning player but not winning units and a lot of strange new formats seem to be fitting this description... Also, the goal is not so much to get units played more, but to point out that they already are being played. The thread was started initially as a counter to those who were talking as if the tournament scene consisted of five or ten units that won everything and that nothing ranked lower than B was ever seen.
I think the tournament metagame has changed substantially since the thread was started to include a lot more formats that have "a winning player but not winning units" such as Take Two.

This has gone hand-in-hand with an even more varied selection of units, presumably, but not one that this thread is well-suited to capture.
Old January 20th, 2015, 03:23 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I'd have to agree with that, considering Online Scape uses a variation of Take 2 for most of its events. 5/7 of the events it puts on are a variation of Take 2. With the Gencon-Prep event(RTW) and the Draft Event being the exceptions.
@ollie when are you going to get your beak wet in Online Scape?

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old October 20th, 2015, 02:26 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornPuff View Post
I was all excited to report my 2015 NHSD win using Gorillinators, but apparently Monkeys winning tournaments is old news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Kevindola Just won the Peoria B- List Tourney with Red Wyrmling x4, Blue Wyrmling x2, White Wyrmling x3, Warriors of Ashra x3, Moltenclaw.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...&postcount=104
This still isn't updated though. I hate to think of all those people across the country trying to win with White Wyrms and Molty thinking they could be the first to do it only to learn the patent had already been applied for.
Old March 3rd, 2016, 02:16 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

We might be able to update this in a few months! 60% of the Online Classic League participants are using a figure who has not been reported as ever winning a tournament* Not sure which figure has the most likely chance though....

*played every round

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion