Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

View Poll Results: How important are the minis to your enjoyment of Heroscape?
I would not play the game if it didn't have the minis!!! 59 69.41%
Heroscape would drop several points in my ranking without minis. 19 22.35%
I really like them, but they are not essential. 5 5.88%
They kind of annoy me for being so "toylike." 0 0%
I would play heroscape with wood blocks if I had to! 2 2.35%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 29th, 2011, 02:18 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: POLL: How important are the minis to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Hero- Minis
Scape- Maps
See how the logic of not having minis in Heroscape is flawed?
Heroscape without minis also means heroscape without 3-d maps because maps without minis would be pointless. I guess you could use markers or "wood blocks" for each character, but then LOS and other issues (including half of the powers on cards) would again make the map pointless. To me, the buildable maps and miniatures are what make the game unique, in addition to the simple rules yet complex strategy that make the game awesome.

Summoner Wars is a classic example of a game designed like a miniature game without miniatures and is fun in its own right, and it is hard to say if it would it be more fun if there were miniatures on the board represented by cards off the board. Or if say Stratego, Warhammer/Battletech, or even Star Wars minis and Heroclix had markers or cards on the board instead of minis, IMO they would be only slightly less fun. But those are a completely different questions than heroscape without minis because it would by definition also mean no 3-d maps and therefore a differnt game altogether.

In summary, "How important are the minis to you?" is low for "collectable miniature games" like Warhammer & Heroclix because it doesn't really change the gameplay if you used markers or cards on the board, but "How important are the minis to you?" is EXTREMELY high for Heroscape because the game would cease to be playable without completely changing the rules and design of the entire game - which would not make it Heroscape anymore.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion