Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old February 23rd, 2020, 07:41 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: AOTV Playtesting Thread (Volunteers needed!)

Dienekes has moved into testing.
Old March 1st, 2020, 11:01 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

No promises, but I've got about a month before any other planned gaming, which should allow me to keep a map up and do some testing.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 8th, 2020, 08:34 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Here is the current set of WIP cards! I've also linked them in the second post.

Spoiler Alert!
Old April 8th, 2020, 10:13 PM

DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby!

Me and my 3 boys ought to be able to do some play testing... Should be fun

DocBlizz is Otonashi...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old April 8th, 2020, 10:56 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Fantastic! Let us know!
Old April 8th, 2020, 11:10 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

If anyone is interested in a playtesting exchange, I am happy to make a swap. Drop a line in this thread

Also if someone in this group would be interested in running a playtest tournament it might generate more interest. I wont set up the threads or advertise, but I would be happy to generate the games and matchups and sign up googledoc
Old April 8th, 2020, 11:44 PM

Thank you kevin. I've passed that along to the aotv channel in the discord.
Old April 9th, 2020, 03:30 PM

DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby!

Game Reports:

500 Point Army
Map: Mole Hills

Glyphs: Glyph of Knowledge & Glyph of Recall Glyph of Knowledge is good in concept, I feel it might be more useful to make it one where you activate it when stepped on, and you get to look at an order marker immediately.

Army 1:Ozuul, Honored Soul Guides, Tetsuo Tyrell, Blastatrons, & Krav Magra Agents
Army 2:Ukushisa Pride, Estivara, Sylvaris, Velnesh Alphas, Bunak

Which units survived?
All of Army 1 Survived

Army 2 spent too much time focusing on trying to kill heavy hitters and ignoring squad figures

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?

Team 1 Love how Ozuul powers combo so nice, Love how thematic it is (his arms reach 2 spaces) Tetsuo Neural feels balanced with his overall life being a little higher, also the temporary control feels balanced for the roll chance.
7 of 9 figures were killed with Ozuul attack (once killing 4 at once!)

Team 2
Love the Velnesh Alphas—the shift is great
Ukushisa Pride- feels incomplete perhaps need a 2nd power, like Immolation (Persistent roll of atk dice if adjacent to a figure even if not activated) or something

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?
Fun factor was good.

Game 2
500 Point Army
Glyphs: Glyph of Knowledge & Glyph of Recall

Army 1:Ozuul, Honored Soul Guides, Tetsuo Tyrell, Blastatrons, & Krav Magra Agents
Army 2:Atrixu, Disenekes, Pyria, Erevan Sunshadow, Johnny “Shotgun” Sullivan

Which units survived?
All of Army 1 Survived other than Ozzul (Army 2 needed to focus on killing squads and just avoid Ozzul)

All of Army 2 was eliminated

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?

Team 1 Much the same a game 1, Ozuul feels a little OP can soak up a TON of hits!

Team 2
Needed to use Dienekes Combat Challenge more effectively especially against Ozuul

Never could get Pyria lined up right to use her ability
LOVE Atrixus Frailty Aura…I feel the Demon’s Vunerability spirit 2 was misunderstood (could I use it an put it on an opponents figure? Just any one that is “Unique”) I’m also not familiar with Unique Squads” (Would those be an acceptable target for Atrixus, if so I’m assuming only 1 of the squad figures would die?)

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?
Fun factor was good.

was fun, felt a little frustrated at Ozuul, Id for sure play different next time (I’ll play again tonight) I think he should have his Point value increased to 200 or even 210? Or reduce his HP. He Feels like a better Tor-kul-na who only has 6 life and is 220 HP

I'm interested in how playing Avoid Ozuul will work much like Playing against Krug

DocBlizz is Otonashi...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old April 9th, 2020, 03:36 PM

Awesome, thank you much!

For the future, Atrixus is meant to be put on any Uniue card, usually your enemy. Squad or hero. Atrixus' spirit doesn't destroy anything, but just reduces the Defense of that card.
Old April 9th, 2020, 04:23 PM

Game 3
500 Point Army
Glyphs: Glyph of Astrid & Glyph of Knowledge

Army 1:Ukushisa Pride, Estivara, Sylvaris, Velnesh Alphas, Bunak
Army 2:Atrixu, Disenekes, Pyria, Erevan Sunshadow, Johnny “Shotgun” Sullivan

Which units survived?

only Sylvaris survived

Team 1 Velnesh Alphas: Shift worked well (Basically used to move +2 move) Ukushisa Pride: First strike was nice so order marker #1 was often on them

Team 2
Dienekes Combat I would prefer Tether would work both if I end movement or if they end movement (not just them) the final battle came down to Dienekes and Sylvaris so it was nearly impossible to get to him.

Got Pyria lined up right this time and was able to hit several units with it.

LOVE Atrixus Frailty Aura…The Demon’s Vunerability spirit 2 I apparently was missreading it...I thought it added 2 wounds not just reduce defensive dice...I think it feels rigth now

DocBlizz is Otonashi...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old April 9th, 2020, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Awesome, thank you much!

For the future, Atrixus is meant to be put on any Uniue card, usually your enemy. Squad or hero. Atrixus' spirit doesn't destroy anything, but just reduces the Defense of that card.
I went back and reread it and saw that 🤦*♂️

DocBlizz is Otonashi...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old April 9th, 2020, 04:28 PM

Hah! No worries! Thank you for testing!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs