Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old May 19th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
Dreaded Gazebo, great name! I love Munchkin. I only own the supermunchkin game though it is alot of fun on its own. A couple of other card games worth mentioning would be Grave Robbers from Outerspace and Kung Fu Samuri on the Island of Giant Robots!
Old May 19th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Another cool card game is Kung Fu Fighting. Where else can you play a card that says:

"Your Kung Fu is no match for mine!"

Introduced it to some friends and they are begging to play it again on our next game night. Games take about 15 to 20 min.

And remember...."Those Cats were fast as lightning!"

Newb.
Old May 20th, 2006, 05:03 AM

spengali has disabled reputation
I have played the first quest in Descent twice and it was great fun. I was the Overlord and it is entertaining to see your friends cringe and moan when you reveal an Overlord card like monster spawn, explosive chest, or a trap.
The first time we played the quest 1, I (as the Overlord) mopped the dungeon floor with the heroes. The 2nd time around, the heroes won a tight game. It was me and two friends. the next time we play, I am going to give up the role as Overlord and be a hero.
Plus the fact that the game in modular and that you can make up your quests and find other quests at the official website and at BGG makes the highly replayable. The game is also ripe for expansions.
www.boardgamegeek.com has good reviews and session reports on the game.
Old May 20th, 2006, 07:59 AM

dickflea Woo who?
My personal favourites

Hero Quest
Crossbows and Catapults
Lost Valley of the Dinosaurs
Lone Ranger (must be a classic Milton Bradley game)
Old May 21st, 2006, 01:53 AM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
How is Navia Drapt? It looks cool....

I don't know much about Kung Fu Fighting either...is it all cards?
Old May 21st, 2006, 03:04 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
How is Navia Drapt? It looks cool....

I don't know much about Kung Fu Fighting either...is it all cards?
Kung Fu Fighting is a card game. Each player has a mat in front of them that shows their chi (life) points, current stance (if any) and current weapon (if any). Stances and weapons add to damage given and sometimes subtract from damage taken. It's a blast of a game and the rules are very easy to pick up. 2 to 3 minutes in, everyone is enjoying the game. The winner is the last Kung Fu Master standing.

Newb.
Old May 21st, 2006, 03:47 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby!
Kung Fu Fighters sounds fun, Lilnewbie!

and Dickflea, Lost Valley of the Dinosaurs sounds like a total blast! I went and looked at it on BGG. The graphics and figures aren't that impressive the game sounds fun! Thanks!
Old May 21st, 2006, 07:36 PM

Dragonslayer is surprisingly tart
Carabande (a.k.a. Pitch Cars) anyone?
Old May 21st, 2006, 08:54 PM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation
ok for those looking to get into the D&D mini's
that retail starter box is at Toys R US for 14 bucks right now..

cheers

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old May 21st, 2006, 10:01 PM

cavie Woo who?
I'm fortunate enough to play weekly with my family (In-laws, wife & kids). We play a number of games. My son and I play HS, LOTR, Magic, and Risk mainly but on Saturdays here's what else we play:

Settlers of Catan
Bohnanza
Carcassone (all versions)
Ticket to Ride
Hacienda
Alhambra
Around the World in 80 Days

and this is just to name the most recent popular games. There are a bunch more.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 06:15 AM

dickflea Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
Kung Fu Fighters sounds fun, Lilnewbie!

and Dickflea, Lost Valley of the Dinosaurs sounds like a total blast! I went and looked at it on BGG. The graphics and figures aren't that impressive the game sounds fun! Thanks!
Yeah....can't say much about the figures but the gameplay is great.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 11:51 AM

Dreaded Gazebo has disabled reputation
Got to play Carcassone on Staturday night. We used the base set plus the River. Overall I really like the game, it's very clever. I just felt that the end-game scoring with the farmers was far more complex than it needed to be. All the other scoring in the game is very simple and then they have this field thing that is kinda involved. Might have to check out the other versions and see if their scoring is easier to follow overall.

Also played Ninja Burger, another Steve Jackson game. It's nearly identical in gameplay to Munchkin, except you play ninjas working for a fast food delivery joint. Fun game overall and the theme is great It has the same downfalls of many SJ games but I had fun playing, but of course I enjoy Munchkin as well.

Over the weekend I picked up Dragon's Gold and Citadels. Didn't play Citadels but I've played it before, it's a neat card-based game where each person is trying to build up their city. The catch is there are a set of role cards and they get passed around the table, each person secretly picking a card. The turn order goes based on the roles, and each role has a specific thing they can do. It's fun as the game has some strategy and a lot of trying to second-guess what your friends are going to do.

Dragon's Gold is a neat little negotiation game of sorts. Each player has an adventuring party of four: two knights, a wizards and a thief. On the table are dragons; each dragon has a hit point value, a known treasure value and a hidden treasure value. Players take turns putting one of their adventurers on a dragon. Once the point total of all the adventurers is greater than or equal to the dragon's hit points, the dragon is defeated. Then the fun starts The hidden treasure is put on the dragon and everyone who was in on the fight has one minute to decide how to divvy up the treasure. If you can't come to an agreement that dragon's treasure is forever lost. Winner is whoever has the most treasure once all the dragons are defeated. It's a quick game that's a lot of fun to play with the right people.

Also discovered that two of my friends picked up Heroscape and a couple expansions over the weekend. It has begun

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games