Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old March 27th, 2010, 11:13 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Sharwin Wildborn

The Book of Sharwin Wildborn
Champions of the Forgotten Realms - Collection D1 (11) - "Heroes of the Faerun"

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check the Heroscapers Gallery for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Heroscape Character Bio: (from Truth's front-page description) :
Sharwin is an Eladrin Battle Mage summoned by Ullar. She has an ARCANE BOLT SPECIAL ATTACK that can disregard range after its initial attack as it courses through your opponent’s figures. She’s also a great force to be reckoned with both in Melee and at Range. Choose your attacks against her well, for they may be your last attacks with that figure thanks to her ARCANE RIPOSTE and SHOCKING GRASP powers.
So, ARCANE RIPOSTE is good against melee and ranged Attacks?
A. Yes. You read that correctly- ARCANE RIPOSTE works against all normal Attacks.

ARCANE BOLT SA : Roll Again? And Again?
Q.
When Attacking additional figures with ARCANE BOLT SA, are Attacks rolled separately for each additional figure?
A. Yes. Phrasings like "You may choose . . . and attack" indicate that a separate attack is made on each additional figure for ARCANE BOLT SA.

ARCANE BOLT SA: Loyalty vs. Electrocution
Q.
When Attacking with ARCANE BOLT SA, may I attack friendly figures for the sake of reaching additional opponents' figures?
A. Umm, sure. Why not? The card simply says "you may choose a figure that was adjacent," so choose whichever figure is most convenient. "Hey Jotun--Congratulations! You've just been promoted to 'Company Lightning Rod!'"

ARCANE BOLT SA: Line of Sight?
Q.
When attacking additional figures using ARCANE BOLT SA, do I need line of sight?
A. No- only on the first target. After that, any figure that was adjacent to the last target when it was attacked and wounded is fair game.

SHOCKING GRASP: "Rolled"?
Q.
Is the skull added to Sharwin's normal attack considered "rolled," in terms of powers that are triggered by skulls "rolled," such as Isamu's VANISH 9?
A. Yes.

Synergy Benefits Received
- ACOLARH : Ullar’s Amulet
As a follower of Ullar, Sharwin Wildborn may benefit from Acolarh’s ULLAR’S AMULET movement bonus.
Synergy Benefits Offered
- OTONASHI : Tricky Speed 4
As a unit with a Tricky personality, Sharwin Wildborn may aid Otonashi with her Tricky Speed 4 movement bonus.

Sharwin Wildborn Pre-Release Discussion

Power Ranking and Master Index
She has a lot going on, but none of it is particularly impressive in a competitive environment. C+ (Jexik)
Unit Strategy Review
TBA

(Thanks for another great shot, Guru)

Last edited by spiteofthedice; August 13th, 2010 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Grasping at shocking concepts
Old March 27th, 2010, 11:21 AM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Sharwin Wildborn

Great job on the books Spite!

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old March 27th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

This is one of my favorite heroes of the wave. She is pretty versatile.
Old March 27th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have just finished playing a game with her. She is an exellent figure, very versatile, and well worth her 110 points, if not more.

I found this to be an extremely fun army:
Ice Storm
Sharwin 110
GIE x3 390
500 pts, 7 start spaces

I made it just for fun, but it performs exceptionally well in multiple environments. Order management is a little harder than most, but placing a GIE on a glyph while maneuvering the other two helps take care of that problem.

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old March 27th, 2010, 11:13 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I like her too. She has a few good uses, you just need to make sure you draft some allies for her that can maximize her powers. (Finn/Raelin/etc.)

I also really like the idea of pairing her up with the new ring of protection treasure glyph. Your opponet has to be very concerned about attacking her with any type of normal attack. One bad roll of 1 or no skulls and you can decide to roll 6+ (height, etc.) dice with counterstrike. Hydra I'm looking at you.

I wish they would have made it easier to get multiple attacks out of her special though. Unless you are facing Vipers, just causing 1 wound with 3 attack dice is hard, then you have to hope another figure is already adjecent to the first target. Maybe they are saving a more powerful version (chain lightning) of this SA for another figure.
Old March 28th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I like her too. She has a few good uses, you just need to make sure you draft some allies for her that can maximize her powers. (Finn/Raelin/etc.)

I also really like the idea of pairing her up with the new ring of protection treasure glyph. Your opponet has to be very concerned about attacking her with any type of normal attack. One bad roll of 1 or no skulls and you can decide to roll 6+ (height, etc.) dice with counterstrike. Hydra I'm looking at you.

I wish they would have made it easier to get multiple attacks out of her special though. Unless you are facing Vipers, just causing 1 wound with 3 attack dice is hard, then you have to hope another figure is already adjecent to the first target. Maybe they are saving a more powerful version (chain lightning) of this SA for another figure.
I'd say she is fairly effective against many low defense and low attack squads - She is an awesome counterdraft option and even a good straight army pick with proper support.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old March 28th, 2010, 09:48 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!

Played agains Sharwin Wildborn this week. It was only one game, but she seemed like a paper tiger to me.

Knowing I was facing her had me adjust my figures in the start zone accordingly and changed my movement strategy to keep figures away. Luckily in the army (pre-mades) I faced her with had no adjacent synergy.

Her Arcane Riposte never caused me to hesitate to attack her with her having only 3 Def dice. She needs Def dice boost for this ability to be threatening. But if she waits on that boost, opponents usually are pretty spread out and so can defend against her special.

And to think this is the figure before release there was the most whinning about "broken." Not a tournament unit, I don't think, but a good counter draft when you don't want to spend the points on Zelrig and you are facing lots of "adjacent synergy" figures.
Old March 28th, 2010, 10:24 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Like the Axegrinders' +1A against Large and Huge figures, it isn't getting the extra Attack die all the time that makes them worthwhile. Sharwin, as many have pointed out, is a counterdraft. She might not get to throw a lightning bolt through an entire army in every game. But if she can send it in a different direction, lower its cohesiveness, destroy a small part of it, and generally make your opponent nervous, she's doing an important job. Sometimes, you have to be content just knowing how badly the mere presence of a specialized figure is mucking up the strategy of an opponent's army.

EDIT: 1900th post! What time is it??

(Time to dance)
Old March 28th, 2010, 12:43 PM

killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker

uhhh.... Can you attack your own figure with "Arcane Bolt Special Attack" to keep the attack going?
Old March 28th, 2010, 01:30 PM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergoat72 View Post
uhhh.... Can you attack your own figure with "Arcane Bolt Special Attack" to keep the attack going?
The effect always just says "figure" and not opponent's or enemy figure, so I think that would be ok.
Old April 17th, 2010, 05:12 PM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

With Arcane Bolt SA you do roll attack dice for each figure attacked, right. Since each figure is attacked separately.
Old April 17th, 2010, 06:46 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

Yes, that's how I've come to understand the card. It says, "... adjacent to the defending figure at the beginning of that attack and attack that chosen figure with Arcane Bolt Special Attack." To me, the underlined portion states that a new attack is being made; also on every other card where you roll dice once it says that you only roll dice once.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units