Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Units and Spell Cards
Official Units and Spell Cards Discussion of official AotP units and spell cards

Notices

Old July 8th, 2016, 10:05 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
The Book of Welcome to the Fold

The Book of Welcome to the Fold: Sorcery
Magic: Arena of the Planeswalkers Shadows over Innistrad

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • - TBA

-Combinations and Synergies-
  • - TBA

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - TBA

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - TBA
-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • - TBA

Unit Strategy Review
  • - TBA

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 24th, 2016, 08:11 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Welcome to the Fold

Do you have to move both figures first and then attack with both or can you move and attack one at a time?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 24th, 2016, 09:01 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

My guess is move both first then attack with both first, as if it was a partial squad. Whether creatures get to use all their powers might be debatable as they are not taking a full turn, only moving and attacking, so only powers related to move and attack should come into play. So not quite as powerful as "bonding" in heroscape.
Old July 25th, 2016, 11:20 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

The kicker is it could be figures from different squads and even different PWs but they are supposed to be treated like a normal squad?
If it was required that the figures be from the same squad I would be more inclined to agree.

I think it is more like the Elementals and their leader where each figure moves and attacks on its own.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 22nd, 2018, 01:29 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
The kicker is it could be figures from different squads and even different PWs but they are supposed to be treated like a normal squad?
If it was required that the figures be from the same squad I would be more inclined to agree.

I think it is more like the Elementals and their leader where each figure moves and attacks on its own.
Was this ever addressed? I interpreted the card as saying that both figures must be from the same squad, but it would be significantly more powerful if it can affect two different squads.
Old August 22nd, 2018, 01:36 PM

My current thought is that it is one squad, otherwise it would say 'squad creatures' instead of 'creatures from a squad'.
Old August 22nd, 2018, 01:49 PM

shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker

Agreed. Up to 2 creatures from a unique squad, sounds like they have to be from the same unique squad
Old August 22nd, 2018, 02:06 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks for the quick answers! I'm considering trying out AotP fairly soon, so I wanted to make sure that I hadn't interpreted the card wrong.
Old August 22nd, 2018, 03:11 PM

shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Thanks for the quick answers! I'm considering trying out AotP fairly soon, so I wanted to make sure that I hadn't interpreted the card wrong.
Very cool. I’m a big fan of the game. Only thing I recommend is use HS maps if possible, the cardboard maps leave a little to be desired.
Old August 22nd, 2018, 07:30 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin View Post
Quote:
Very cool. I’m a big fan of the game. Only thing I recommend is use HS maps if possible, the cardboard maps leave a little to be desired.
All the times we've ever played AOTP has been on a heroscape map. Old habits die hard. Though there are some cool uses of the boards.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 27th, 2018, 12:44 AM

Unfortunately, one of the main reasons that I finally tried out the game is because I had to leave my HeroScape collection at home for a couple of weeks until I can bring it back to my campus, so we only had the cardboard mats and other AotP terrain available.

That said, I actually enjoyed the game a lot more than I anticipated. I wouldn't say that I enjoy it more than classic HeroScape, but I can see my group making some time for this game every now and then (especially with how much shorter set-up is). I'll have to look more into the various factions beyond just Blue for next time.
Old August 27th, 2018, 08:43 AM

Quote:
I'll have to look more into the various factions beyond just Blue for next time.
Try Black, I think that might be my favorite.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Units and Spell Cards