Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old October 10th, 2009, 11:24 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Airborne Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamissflash View Post
Am I allowed to throw a gernade over a wall of 10 spaces
then over an under hang then loop backwards and hit him?
I dont think I could But I might ... Then the ae would kill..
Loop back part shouldn't work.

There was a rather extensive and arduous discussion regarding your exact question. It comes down to "clear area" which is referenced in the ROTV rule book.

Here is the culmination and ruling supplied by the rules team and wotc/hasbro:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...&postcount=279

It isn't full proof but it clears up most typical situations. You can reference the entire thread if you are interested in reading back through 30 pages of posts.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=24058

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old October 10th, 2009, 11:31 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMB View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Do these guys count towards your starting zone limit?
I don't know what the official answer would be but in our games they would not. They don't take start zone spaces and they don't need to drop into start zone spaces so they would not count toward the start zone limit. Rechets would be the same, FWIW.
You can house rule anyway you want but just to clarify, nowhere does it say on the card or in the rules that they do not take up start zone spaces.

Their card says the do not start the game on the battlefield. That is all it is says.

The rules say if there are more figures than spaces in the starting zone, you can can't use the extra figures.

This question and answer is in the Official Heroscape Advanced FAQ:

Quote:
What do I do if I have more figures than spots in
the starting zone?

Count out the number of spaces your Army will
consist of (counting 2 spaces for each
double-space figure). If your Army (including
figures that do not start on the board) consists of
more spaces than the scenario allows in your
given starting zone, you must remove figures from
your Army until the number of spaces your Army
consists of matches, or is less than the number of
starting zone spaces.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old October 18th, 2009, 09:40 PM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker

I absoulutely hate the AE now. During NHSD they got the drop, on the first turn and with intiative. I was playing a Aubrine, Armoc, frenzy army. I lost all but two elves, one Armoc, Mittens, and Syvarris, in the first turn of the game! It was scary as heck, then the last two elves frenzied twice wipied out the AE, the game came down to one marden hound and Charos vs Syvarris. Syvarris was able to get Charos to 7 wounds, but sadly perished.

I must say after that battle I view the AE much differently.
Old October 19th, 2009, 01:10 PM

RattyZ is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syvaris View Post
I absoulutely hate the AE now. During NHSD they got the drop, on the first turn and with intiative. . .I must say after that battle I view the AE much differently.
Main problem I find with the AE is map creation. If you create a map where the starting location can be decimated by elevated ranged attacks, the AE always seem to drop on round 1 turn 1 and kill 3x their value in squads/heroes .

they're one of the more unique and remarkable ranged squads.
Old January 19th, 2010, 08:56 AM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

Quick question, we had a quick 3 player brawl yesterday and the question arose. One of our players was eliminated, without ever having his Airbones drop. But the other two were still playing. Would he still be able to drop his Airborne? Thanks in advance

Edit: Thanks for the help Killercactus and Sherman Davies

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.

Last edited by tubafication; January 19th, 2010 at 06:52 PM.
Old January 19th, 2010, 08:58 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubafication View Post
Quick question, we had a quick 3 player brawl yesterday and the question arose. One of our players was eliminated, without ever having his Airbones drop. But the other two were still playing. Would he still be able to drop his Airborne? Thanks in advance
I think if you have the undropped AE and no units left on the board, you're out of the game. I suppose it could be house-ruled differently for a multi-player game, though.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 25th, 2010, 09:20 PM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have stopped drafting these guys, except in the occasional 4 way.. When they drop first round and get initiative, any units they want dead, die. Strolling onto a glyph and having height is crazy, and they make up for their points without trying. I love the idea of them, but I wish round two was the earliest they could drop.

Edit: My main point was that if they drop it makes the whole draft a waste, and a short unsatisfying game. Mindshackles are hilarious, Runa/DED are hilarious, a bunch of OP attacks before you can do anything is just awful.
Old January 30th, 2010, 12:42 PM

Spartacus Maximus is surprisingly tart

I love the grenades. One time my opponent had a squad of samurai behind a ruins. I threw some grenades and i took out Three samurai and one marro.

Fish and custard
Old January 30th, 2010, 01:03 PM
has been BANNED

airdroppers knows what's in an order marker airdroppers knows what's in an order marker airdroppers knows what's in an order marker

Why does it say "you may place all 4 AE"

If you are rolling the 20d before initiative, why would you even roll if you don't want them on? I think it should say must.
Old January 30th, 2010, 01:21 PM

Fenmeister Woo who?

It doesn't say "you must" because you don't have to drop them even if you can. I suppose you don't have to roll the d20 if you don't intend to drop them at all for that round.
Old January 30th, 2010, 01:24 PM

Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoserver View Post
I have stopped drafting these guys, except in the occasional 4 way.. When they drop first round and get initiative, any units they want dead, die. Strolling onto a glyph and having height is crazy, and they make up for their points without trying. I love the idea of them, but I wish round two was the earliest they could drop.

Edit: My main point was that if they drop it makes the whole draft a waste, and a short unsatisfying game. Mindshackles are hilarious, Runa/DED are hilarious, a bunch of OP attacks before you can do anything is just awful.
I 100% agree. On flatter maps and the like, I don't think the first turn drop is as big a deal. But when playing on a map that may not be tournament balanced (such as a big castle battle) they can really take the fun out of the game with a first turn drop that allows them complete control of the battlefield. We have talked about instituting a 2nd round drop rule on them in our house games to combat this very problem.

My Customs
Winter Olympics = $6,000,000,000
Gold Medal Hockey Tickets = $2,000
Seeing an American Politician forced to wear a Canadian Jersey = Priceless
Old January 30th, 2010, 01:34 PM
has been BANNED

airdroppers knows what's in an order marker airdroppers knows what's in an order marker airdroppers knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenmeister View Post
It doesn't say "you must" because you don't have to drop them even if you can. I suppose you don't have to roll the d20 if you don't intend to drop them at all for that round.
So why would you roll if you don't intend on dropping them?

**rolls a 13**
"naw I was just kidding, I don't want to drop them in"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units