Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 27th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of the Warforged Soldiers

I love these guys, I only have one squad but they consistently perform for me. Warforged Resolve is worth more than 5 extra defense for me.
Old August 27th, 2010, 08:54 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I love these guys, I only have one squad but they consistently perform for me. Warforged Resolve is worth more than 5 extra defense for me.
Agreed. I've tried them out a couple of times, and Warforged Resolve makes them more robust than a lot of figures. The great thing about them is that third attack die, though. So often, with figures that have some other mechanic to gain advantage, like Frenzy, Deadly Strike, etc, their Attack starts a little lower in anticipation of that boost. The Warforged Soldiers are solid to start with, and then have abilities on top of that base that allow them to grab the advantage. Tactical Switch allows the Warforged Soldiers to crash through the middle of the battlefield and Warforged Resolve and a 3+Attack means that's actually where they belong.
Old August 27th, 2010, 11:09 AM

wjscaper knows what's in an order marker wjscaper knows what's in an order marker

I played with these guys the other night and accidently came across a great feature of theirs. When you switch with another figure, say you move up on them and only one of your figures can reach the enemy. after the switch you can move the enemy in the middle of all 3 of your figures and attack 3 times instead of one. It works out very nicely.
Old August 27th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjscaper View Post
I played with these guys the other night and accidently came across a great feature of theirs. When you switch with another figure, say you move up on them and only one of your figures can reach the enemy. after the switch you can move the enemy in the middle of all 3 of your figures and attack 3 times instead of one. It works out very nicely.
It's also nice to switch an enemy figure off thier gylph and attack.

Especially when they were on an Attack +1.

MegaSilver
Old August 27th, 2010, 11:43 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenmojo View Post
Is it possible to tactical switch out of a pit trap? I'm assuming yes if their is an adjacent friendly figure, but otherwise no because of the wording for the glyph. Just wanted a clarification...
I believe you're correct there, that's how I recall the pit trap and summoning ruling going.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old August 28th, 2010, 09:08 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenmojo View Post
Is it possible to tactical switch out of a pit trap? I'm assuming yes if their is an adjacent friendly figure, but otherwise no because of the wording for the glyph. Just wanted a clarification...
I believe you're correct there, that's how I recall the pit trap and summoning ruling going.
That sounds like a clarification for the Book, but I'm not too familiar with the rules for the pit trap, so if one of you can explain that a little more, I could put it in the Book.
Old August 28th, 2010, 11:44 AM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Rules team on Poftka:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuru
Can you summon a figure off a pit trap? YES. As long as a figure friendly to the trapped figure is adjacent to it.

Can you throw a figure off of a pit trap? YES. As long as a figure friendly to the trapped figure is adjacent to it.

Can Tul-Bak-Ra Teleport off of a pit trap? YES. As long as a friendly figure is adjacent to him.

Can you carry a figure off of a pit trap? YES. Because you are choosing the pit trapped figure when the carrying (friendly) figure is adjacent.
So:
TACTICAL SWITCH & Proftaka
Q: Can a Warforged Soldier use Tactical Switch to exit a Pit Trap?
A: Yes, you can Tactical Switch out of a Pit Trap, but only if there is a friendly figure adjacent to your Warforged Soldier.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old August 29th, 2010, 10:05 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

These guys are alot of fun to play with, was fairly impressed with em. Impressed with the whole release, but these guys could be my favorite or tied with Iron golem.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old September 1st, 2010, 03:01 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Rats beware-the only way for a Deathreaver is to roll allskulls with either height or a glyph and have the WF whiff-just had a brutal endgame with 8 WF versus 2 squads of reavers. I'm really liking these guys versus Q9 podges. Repositioning then using tactical switch allows the WF to inch closer and closer to Q9, and his special is not that great, with half his attacks bouncing off automatically. I've been thinking about pairing them with black wyrmlings to puncture high defense (hard to do with 3 attack) and kill rats while providing heroes to counter Braxas/Grimnak.
Old September 1st, 2010, 08:07 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just beat my wife and son in a 3 way 500 point match. These guys can be deadly with the ability to glyph grab (by switching places), pull mobs that are threatening your cheerleaders, gaining height, etc. The automatic one shield is also a life saver especially with Raelin...

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old September 1st, 2010, 09:14 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Rules team on Poftka:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuru
Can you summon a figure off a pit trap? YES. As long as a figure friendly to the trapped figure is adjacent to it.

Can you throw a figure off of a pit trap? YES. As long as a figure friendly to the trapped figure is adjacent to it.

Can Tul-Bak-Ra Teleport off of a pit trap? YES. As long as a friendly figure is adjacent to him.

Can you carry a figure off of a pit trap? YES. Because you are choosing the pit trapped figure when the carrying (friendly) figure is adjacent.
So:
TACTICAL SWITCH & Proftaka
Q: Can a Warforged Soldier use Tactical Switch to exit a Pit Trap?
A: Yes, you can Tactical Switch out of a Pit Trap, but only if there is a friendly figure
adjacent to your Warforged Soldier.
Can a warforged switch an enemy figure out of a pit trap, if a friendly figure is adjacent to the trapped figure?

~Rednax
Old September 3rd, 2010, 01:20 AM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think there would have to be a figure friendly to the enemy figure for you to move it off the Pit Trap with your own Warforged Soldier's Tactical Switch (Don't ask me why the figure of an enemy of yours would help you do such a thing. Remember, it's a game not a simulation. Besides, why are you trying to Tactical Switch onto a Pit Trap anyways?).

Basically, the ruling that was given about Proftaka is that no figure may move, or be moved, off of it without a figure friendly to it adjacent. It's definitely a good question, but I think my answer is correct.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units