Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old April 25th, 2020, 12:35 AM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Diplomacy

Great game! I had a lot of fun during this 3+ month endeavor.

So I believe the identities were:

England: @scorpiusx
France: @kevindola
Germany: @Kinseth
Italy: @Zetsubo
Austria: @Knight of Scape
Russia: @MegaSilver
Turkey: @All Your Pie

Is that correct?

I will definitely be making an EOG statement at some point. I have a sneaking suspicion I was not particularly popular this game. xD

-scorp

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old April 25th, 2020, 12:46 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

First off, congrats to the 2 way draw fellas, a solid finish.

But, this is how I feel when being eliminated in a game and there was no solo victory

I would have liked to see one of you make a play for it. I thought France was in the drivers seat.

@Ranior curious to your opinion here.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old April 25th, 2020, 12:59 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Thanks for all the congratulations.

Was a rollercoaster game. Can't tell you how many times I held my breath during the game with enemy fleets parked outside of Brest for several seasons and then again England took the center advantage.

My nerves are very grateful it's over
Old April 25th, 2020, 01:09 AM

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post

First off, congrats to the 2 way draw fellas, a solid finish.

But, this is how I feel when being eliminated in a game and there was no solo victory

I would have liked to see one of you make a play for it. I thought France was in the drivers seat.

Haha, there were certainly a few times I looked super intently at the map to see if there were good opportunities for a stab, and I am sure @kevindola did the same for me. Ultimately though, I felt that a stab and joust for the win was going to be more likely to result in a loss, and I would much rather win a 2 way draw with my game-long ally than join the other five players in a straight up loss. France and I won because we didn't get greedy. ^_^

-scorp

Old April 25th, 2020, 01:19 AM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

You shared victory, not exactly the same thing as a win

Ive had numerous 2 way draws in my career, very satisfying.

Old April 25th, 2020, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
You shared victory, not exactly the same thing as a win

Ive had numerous 2 way draws in my career, very satisfying.

Definitely agree! Sharing a win with someone I got to work with closely the entire game was almost more satisfying than a solo win in it's own way. Certainly better than the likely loss that would have resulted if I had tried for the stab even at the more opportune moments of the game.

-scorp

Old April 25th, 2020, 01:43 AM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Good game all, and hearty congratulations to the two winners! From where I am still leaning about the finer points of how to play this game, that definitely seems an impressive feat.

I’ll try and get a reasonably detailed EOG up in the next couple days.

Oh, and yes I was Turkey. I’ll elaborate on why I picked that in my EOG as well.
Old April 25th, 2020, 02:04 AM

Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I was indeed Austria. I'll get up an EOG at some point. I think I did alright for my first game. I was pretty happy being able to survive until the final turn. It was a bit frustrating, though, because, like Kinseth, I think that France could have pulled off the solo here (although I certainly understand not wanting to go through the stress of another few weeks of the game). France was pushing for a 3-way draw between me and him and England, but England wouldn't have any of it, and I feel like that was because he knew France wouldn't try for the solo, and nothing I could say could persuade either of them otherwise.

~KoS, who had fun, but would want to take a long break before trying this again.
Old April 25th, 2020, 02:39 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I would definitely have tried, but I thought the opposite of you guys. But maybe I was too close and looking at the worst case scenarios. I thought I could gain an advantage through the black Sea but it would take me two full years to see it through

Meanwhile fleet builds at London and Liverpool would guarantee England MAO in 1912. And from there I wouldn't have fleet defenses in place to protect WES and therefore TUN and the Italian Coast. I maybe could have taken SEV in that time, but not if he blocked me at ARM and Denmark made it to MOS. Then I would have to count on taking BUL before I lost Tunisia and I thought that wouldn't happen.
Old April 25th, 2020, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Yeah, I would definitely have tried, but I thought the opposite of you guys. But maybe I was too close and looking at the worst case scenarios. I thought I could gain an advantage through the black Sea but it would take me two full years to see it through

Meanwhile fleet builds at London and Liverpool would guarantee England MAO in 1912. And from there I wouldn't have fleet defenses in place to protect WES and therefore TUN and the Italian Coast. I maybe could have taken SEV in that time, but not if he blocked me at ARM and Denmark made it to MOS. Then I would have to count on taking BUL before I lost Tunisia and I thought that wouldn't happen.
Could you have convinced Austria to throw the solo to you? Feels like you could have. Diplomacy isn't all about X's and O's. @Knight of Scape

@scorpiusx I thought you had some mid-game opportunities to go for the solo, but near the end of the game, I thought you were super weak around Sil, I will have to really look at the map, but I think France could have soloed given how weak you were there. I won't get to it today.

Also, on a personal level, ghosting someone in a game of diplomacy is a real jerk move. I am not happy with you over that. Very disrespectful, tis a game we are playing after all.

In the aftermath, I do feel much better about my elimination knowing that there was no solo.

Old April 25th, 2020, 11:02 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiusx View Post
Russia: @MegaSilver

-scorp
You nailed me scorp! And I figured you were England pretty early. Like I think the second convo we had. I know you too well from CoN I think. lol.

My plan was to stick with one teammate until the end and do whatever I could to screw over the others. Namely feed false info and whenever they message me to feed it to my ally. The first attempt with Turkey failed, and then France and England wanted my help.

I took to England since I felt we could immediately help each other and I thought it would be great to work with scorp. I didn't think England would actually screw me over though, but I don't hold it against him out of game (or anyone, it's the nature of the beast).

After the betrayal France wanted me to help him, but I felt bad about feeding him false/bad intel and didn't feel worthy to ally with him.

Now, end game when I made an alliance with Turkey and Austria again out of desperation to keep everyone else back. Then I felt like I didn't have much choice but to work with France since he was still willing to look past past grievances. So I started feeding him intel on Turkey and Austria. Then I'm assuming France told Austria and then Austria to Turkey, as I decided to turn on Turkey and Austria to help France. And I wanted to get back at Turkey for the early backstab. It all backfired though and I got wiped out.

But all in all, Italy was the most consistent ally I had throughout, aside from England pre-betrayal. As far as I'm aware we didn't pull any shenanigans on each other, but we just set modest goals, namely to keep apprised of other's movements. I told England and France some of Italy's plans, but kept them generic, just so it seemed like I was giving them intel. So thank you Italy.
Old April 25th, 2020, 11:23 AM

@MegaSilver - dude, I gave you Sweden, then you went ahead and built up the EF alliance by taking my legs out. I got lots more to say about this, but writing was on the wall what would happen to you after you took me out.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games