Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old March 23rd, 2023, 02:56 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Fortress Door vs.

How many Order Markers does it take to destroy the Fortress Door?

Who are the top contenders for accomplishing this task in the fewest number of Order Markers?

Some avenues to explore:

A. Hero attempt, 1v1 (ie. no bonding).

B. A single squad (without bonding).

C. Army Assault (hero/squad bonding).

I plan on rolling some dice to see how it plays out at some point. So name your champions, make your predictions, and we'll see if the dice gods will smile down upon you or laugh in your face*.

*I'm not going to roll out every suggestion, but I'll try at least one of each match-up (A/B/C above).
Old March 23rd, 2023, 09:11 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Fortress Door vs.

Interesting question - It could be done in one order marker if you had good rolls with a heavily wounded Krug and the added bonus of Khosumet behind him (I know this isn't technically in the parameters you set, but have to show some love for the Dark Lord) - but using probabilities it would take two order markers.
  • The door would average 1.3 shields (4 dice x 2/6 shields per dice) + the 1 auto shield each time or 2.33.
  • Krug with 7 wounds + 2 base + 1 from Khosumet would have 10 attack dice x 2 attacks. With 50% chance of skull on each die, you'd expect 5 skulls on each roll.
  • Net of 2.67 wounds on the door with each attack - so two order markers would be 10.68 wounds on the door.
Old March 23rd, 2023, 01:33 PM

ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My pick is Zetacron. He is the hero with the highest single attack potential in Heroscape.

Zetacron with the Heroic and Belt of Giant Strength TGs and some friendly figures on the Astrid and Ulaniva glyphs. Repulsor targeting bonus doesn't apply to the door unfortunately. Put him on an opposing castle with extreme height, Taelord and Ranjit's attack bonuses, and Finn's spirit boost and he's looking at 12 rolled dice which will average 6 skulls that translate to 12 potential wounds with Deadly Shot. If the door averages 1.3 shields + 1 auto shield, the door will take 9.7 wounds on average in 1 OM. Basically a coin toss to completely wound it in one turn.

Now, Krug would also receive a lot of these bonuses, but some would only apply to one of his attacks, like the TGs. Zetacron has the highest single attack potential, but Krug still has a higher single OM damage potential. I think you could get Krug up to 18 and 15 attack dice for his two attacks with the above bonuses I mentioned, which on average would put ((9-2.33) + (7.5-2.33)) = 11.9 wounds on the door. The variance for Krug is also slightly better, since you could make up for a poor first roll with a better second roll.

I don't think anything else comes close to these two since Glad bonus also doesn't apply to the door and it can't be "destroyed" by a special power.
Old March 23rd, 2023, 01:38 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
More

Use Migol instead of Zeta and you can get Gilbert bonus. Bahadur spirit also if you're counting VC

~Dysole, who's sure there's other ways to boost the attack.
Old March 23rd, 2023, 04:12 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Thanks for the responses!

I wasn't really taking things like glyphs and support units into consideration. The question that spurred me to start the thread wasn't really about how to take down the Fortress door in the middle of a game. It was more of a silly question about how tough the Fortress Door is. Being boosted by some other effects would certainly speed up the process. My thought was just how long would one hero or one squad take to destroy the fortress door all on it's own.
Old March 23rd, 2023, 09:10 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This makes me think you are planning a fun Heroscape minigame for four players:
There are four fortress doors - one for each player. First person to break down their door wins. You can select one army card; who are you taking?

Without any prerequisites, I would probably go with Jotun.

Maybe a more fun version is everyone has Krug and starts in a room full of counterstriking samurai. Race to beef up your Krug and then quickly break down your door.
Old March 23rd, 2023, 09:18 PM
C3G Landlord

Yeah, that's more along the lines of what I was thinking.
Old March 23rd, 2023, 09:28 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Small and medium figures, normal attacks only.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 23rd, 2023, 11:52 PM
C3G Landlord

Is the strongest SA (from any sized figure) better than the strongest Normal attack (from a Large or Huge figure).
Old March 24th, 2023, 12:41 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Initial Thoughts

I think Roman Archers/Ashigaru Yari/Zombies SA of 6 is the most dice you can get in a single go. Q9's Special attack is probably the most dice period though.

~Dysole, informationally
Old March 24th, 2023, 12:55 AM
C3G Landlord

These are the options I came up with:

1. Fen Hydra, huge, 4 normal attacks of 4 vs. 4+1 defense.

2. Jontun, huge, normal attack of 8 vs. 4+1 defense.

3. KA, 2 SA of 4 vs. 4 defense.

4. DEA, use Sharpshooter every time, hope for a 19 or 20.

5. Deathwalker 8000, SA of 3 vs. 4 defense, W = attack again.

6. Major Q9, 3 SA of 3 vs. 4 defense.

7. Major Q10, 2 SA of 4 or 4 SA of 2 vs. 4 defense.

8. Sojoah, SA of 4 vs. 4 defense, W=d20 roll, 10-19 = W, 20 = destroy.

Looking at the squads + hero options and if they could attack the Fortress Door from both sides we have a few options.

9? Grok Riders + Me-Burq-Sa, large, with MBS adjacent to the Door the Grok Riders get +2 attack, so 3 attacks of 5 + 1 attack of 3 vs. 4+1 defense.

10? Zombies, 1 SA of 6 vs. 4 defense.

For a top 3 contenders I'm leaning towards 1, 2, 7. 3 & 7 have the same 2 SA of 4, but 7 gives you an option to try the 4 SA of 2. 6 is maybe better than 3/7, but I'm hoping the extra die results in more W's, quicker vs. 4 defense.

10 could have a better chance than 3/6/7, but I like having more than one crack at it per OM reveal. 4 is a long shot, but could actually end up winning a race if you got real lucky, same with 8. 5 is another one that if you got real lucky you might be able to win the race, but it seems like an even longer shot than 4 to me. I think I'd rather go with 1 over 9, but 9 might be able to beat 1 with the right dice rolls.

I could be convinced to try 9 or 10 over 1 & 7 respectively. That need to attack the Door from both sides isn't something I initially ruled out of bounds, but feels like it should be.

Last edited by Yodaking; March 24th, 2023 at 01:14 AM.
Old March 24th, 2023, 12:58 AM
C3G Landlord

Re: Initial Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
I think Roman Archers/Ashigaru Yari/Zombies SA of 6 is the most dice you can get in a single go. Q9's Special attack is probably the most dice period though.

~Dysole, informationally

Oh, I completely over looked the Zombies SA of 6. I'll replace Shurrak (SA 5) above with them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion