Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old February 14th, 2020, 06:56 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Burnout - Alternate Format

Seems like a fun, cool format. I do like how this helps limit squadscape and makes it so new/small collection players don't have to feel the need to buy 4x plus of each squad to be competitive/feel complete. But I feel really bad for Spartacus lol. Kato could be an interesting combo at that point total. You could still get an eight figure turn.

Last edited by brak88; February 14th, 2020 at 07:18 PM.
Old February 14th, 2020, 07:27 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74 View Post
Played this format with 3 other friends last night and we had a blast with it. I made up 16 different teams, we each drew 4 randomly and played 3 of them. We got 3 rounds in. Our group mostly plays 2 v 2, what we really liked was the fast and furious action right from the start and the small map size. Used both of the maps listed above, we did modify Jungley some because of lack of jungle terrain though. The format makes for some interesting end game choices. For example, being down to your last figure and knowing you are going to lose and get a new army, it sometimes makes sense to recklessly attack an opponents key figure, not because you are trying to win but to help you in the next round of the game.

The 10 figure limit makes team construction challenging but fun. The teams we used were mostly b-level teams, trying to get figures that don't hit the board that often in play.

For example my teams were(I finished 2-1, lost in the finals):

Cather Spearmen x2
Count Raymond
Deadeye Dan

Omnicron Snipers x2
Omnicron Replusors
Zetacron

Black Wyrmling x3
Red Wyrmling x3
White Wyrmling x3
Guilty McCreech

Dreadgul Raiders x2
Pel
Kha

We had some crazy match ups and outcomes. Like how is it possible for 2 Nagrubs to refuse to die and kill 5 Snipers and 2 Replusors. How can Deathwalker 8000 whiff with 9 dice to a Red Wyrmling. How can 2 Ninjas of the Northern Wind kill 4 Spearmen and Deadeye Dan.

Super fun format. Totally worth trying out. Our group will definitely play it again.
Wow that sounds awesome! I’m glad to hear you all had such a good time. It really is a fun format and I’m glad it translated well to your gaming group!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 14th, 2020, 08:28 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Time to build some maps. this is my weakness, but maybe a group of submitted ones? I would be willing to try!

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old February 15th, 2020, 04:44 PM

Scape From NY Woo who?

I just finished the battle video and really dig this format. I'm excited to try this out with the small group I'm able to get together. We have been trying to get a mini tourney going for ourselves and this will be something fresh to try. As far as what has been discussed thus far I agree with the limiting down to 10 figs. Great work Sir H! Now time to make some maps!
Old February 15th, 2020, 04:59 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scape From NY View Post
I just finished the battle video and really dig this format. I'm excited to try this out with the small group I'm able to get together. We have been trying to get a mini tourney going for ourselves and this will be something fresh to try. As far as what has been discussed thus far I agree with the limiting down to 10 figs. Great work Sir H! Now time to make some maps!
Oh good! Glad the east is getting a little more love! Tell me how it goes when you try out the format!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old February 15th, 2020, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmuskie View Post
Time to build some maps. this is my weakness, but maybe a group of submitted ones? I would be willing to try!
Sorry, what are you referring to?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old February 15th, 2020, 08:45 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sorry. I wasn't very clear. You have two great examples at the beginning, and I really like the format. I am just not that good at building maps. Hoping people will post lots of them that they try so we build a group of maps for this format. I then can use them to play the format!

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old February 17th, 2020, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmuskie View Post
Sorry. I wasn't very clear. You have two great examples at the beginning, and I really like the format. I am just not that good at building maps. Hoping people will post lots of them that they try so we build a group of maps for this format. I then can use them to play the format!
Oh haha, yeah I'll make sure to add a few more over the next couple weeks.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old March 2nd, 2020, 11:37 PM

Added a couple new maps for this format!

Bushy Ruin (to be built with Castle Path)
Sets: 1/2 RotV, TJ

Castle Path (to be built with Bushy Ruin)
Sets: 1/2 RotV, FotA

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old March 23rd, 2020, 06:43 PM

Curry_Noodles knows what's in an order marker Curry_Noodles knows what's in an order marker

I just gotta say I've been hooked on this format for days now! I love the new challenges that comes with the rules! Well done!

I might have a map submission for this, is it cool to upload to this thread? also what is the software used to build maps?

“Inspiration is reciprocal; we all have a responsibility to each other to create” -Oviya Pashiri

Old March 24th, 2020, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curry_Noodles View Post
I just gotta say I've been hooked on this format for days now! I love the new challenges that comes with the rules! Well done!

I might have a map submission for this, is it cool to upload to this thread? also what is the software used to build maps?
Awesome, I'm so glad to hear it! It really is a great format and brings some really fun twists to the way you would normally play.

Sure, I don't mind you submitting a map. the software is called Virtualscape. you can download it here on the sight under "Downloads" and it's on the left side pane under "most downloaded". I will say it only works on PC though. If you're unable to get it to work though, just send me pictures, level by level, and I can get it made/uploaded.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old March 25th, 2020, 03:45 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I would like to spam Zelrig in this format. Multiple times to nuke the start zone, with start zones closer to each other to let the majestic flames fly.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions