Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old May 19th, 2006, 07:52 PM

steelwolf has disabled reputation
Generals?

will hasbro ever release generals?(jandar, utgar, etc.) i think that would be awesome. probably the final wave. any thoughts?
Old May 19th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I hope not.
Old May 19th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Reigning NorCal Champ

Alastair MacDirk has disabled reputation
Yeah, the release could be in the form of costumes that each "general" that controls that army would have to wear. Utgar general could have one of those Prussian Army helmets with the steel spike on top. Vydar would have some Agent Carr type glasses. Etc. What would each general wear? That should be the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBladeCB
And I have a man crush on good looking robots.

Old May 19th, 2006, 11:46 PM

feekonea has disabled reputation
me too, I don't want that to happen.

great traders:

Hilo-scaper and NEMT
Old May 19th, 2006, 11:52 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I would like to see Generals.

Many folks assume they would have to be some sort of uber-unit and unbalance the game, but why would that be so? Why couldn't they just be a really great, high point value support troop that enhances a themed army? Something hovering around the 200 point range, maybe 225 max.
Old May 20th, 2006, 12:42 AM

SyvarrisX has disabled reputation
I do not think i would like them that much. I thought that I was the general when i play.

This is a signature. This signature says that this is a signature. This signature is a waste of a signature!

-Syv
Old May 20th, 2006, 12:51 AM

morgonis has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyvarrisX
I do not think i would like them that much. I thought that I was the general when i play.

we pick the army, we place the order markers, we decide what the unit(s) will do on thier turn.....they have generals in the game

as for a unit to place on the board....what would be the real point? it would have to change the dynamics of the game alot, imagine, Utgar is dead..grats Jandor, game over....would go from armys battles to B-Lineing for the General.

just my opnion of course, but no real gain to the game with a targatable general that would have to end the game when he died.
Old May 20th, 2006, 12:59 AM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Why would the game have to end when the general died?

I think that's the other reason lots of people don't want generals...they read too much into the fiction. No reason at all why we can't have a piece that represents the general. If you want to think that "you are the general" just don't buy that expansion if it bothers you. Lots of us DO think that it would be fun to have the general on the field....the scenario possiblities are huge, and it would be nice to have something that encourages themed armies, as there is very little reason to play "all Utgar" or "all Jandar" or so on now.
Old May 20th, 2006, 01:08 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
How about a piece that emodies the spirirt, the character, the will of the general?

like a field leutenant... one who represents the furtherance of the general ...one clearly bearing the symbol of the general but not the general himself...figures that capture the essence of each general's army.

i think having the actual generals on the field would feel altogther cheesy

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old May 20th, 2006, 01:22 AM

morgonis has disabled reputation
ok picture this, when is the last time you saw the ruler of a nation up in the front lines ready for battle?.....and then for added bonus, site me ocurances where EVERY ruler from EVERY nation involved was up in the battle and not directing things from afar?

i realize some suspension of disbelief is required to play on a field where vikeings and cyborgs clash, but to toss in the element of the rulers takeing the fore, would utterly kill it for me....besides if you REALLY want a general but dont expect some 600 point ubber bad ass god of a card....pick any unique hero, shazam hes a general

atleast in the case of Utgar i doubt he elads cause he has a silver tongue, he leads because either A) he can kill any one that trys to take his throne bcause he is in fact a borderling diety if not a actual god....or B) he IS a sivelr tongued devil with absolutly no combat skill whatsoever, sure he may boost the trops but a 2 health 1 defense leader is only gonna last so long hehe
Old May 20th, 2006, 02:24 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair MacDirk
Vydar would have some Agent Carr type glasses.
You mean these?
http://www.matrixhookup.com/matrix-s...sunglasses.htm
Old May 20th, 2006, 08:27 AM

ArchonShiva has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgonis
ok picture this, when is the last time you saw the ruler of a nation up in the front lines ready for battle?.....and then for added bonus, site me ocurances where EVERY ruler from EVERY nation involved was up in the battle and not directing things from afar?
Er.. I'd normally see your point, but Valhalla and Valkyries are from norse mythology. A viking l;eader *not* taking to the fight would be in deep trouble indeed.

By respect for your fellow posters, please refrain from gratuitous use of the terms "******", "****", "****", "*****", "***", "****", "***", "******", "******" and "GenCon exclusive".

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units