Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old September 1st, 2019, 10:50 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Leaf_It's customs. [UPDATED: OCT. 1, 2018]

It's a little hard to visualize this design without the mini...so I'll wait for that, but I'm also super curious about that special ability. I'm really not quite sure what you mean by Anticipated Assault or really how that would OR should look like as an ability. So if you could give some explanation on that ability that might help. That and maybe it just needs a rename.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 1st, 2019, 11:44 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

After talking about it yesterday, I was also thinking that Anticipated Assault isn't a great name for what the power actually does mechanically and thematically, since it seems more like an immediate counter. Maybe something more to do with retaliation or a reprisal, and maybe throw in something martial artsy to specify it as a technique.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; September 1st, 2019 at 12:17 PM.
Old September 1st, 2019, 05:29 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

The idea behind Anticipated Assault, was simply a vengeful retaliation. They are patient, and wait for an opening to attack. The longer they were attacked, the more vicious the assault. I didn't want to create a design that just let them attack multiple times, like double attack, or whirlwind assault. This was a premeditated retaliation, based on whether they were attacked, and how often they were attacked. They anticipate the opening, where they will be able to unleash their pent up aggression from being on the defensive.
Old September 1st, 2019, 09:19 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Oh, I like that mini. Looking forward to a female monk too.
Old September 1st, 2019, 10:23 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I would suggest going with a monkish sounding name.

Way of the hundreds fists

Or something like that.

Also what about making the second attack “amped” up.

“Oh you wanna mess with me?” Bam, my second attack has deadly strike!

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old September 2nd, 2019, 03:51 PM

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm okay with changing the name of Anticipated Assault, but I wanted the name to describe what the ability does. I thought of many names (though admittedly, I didn't try to make it sound "monkish") and the biggest issue I had, was that the vast majority of names that sounded good, also implied a more immediate effect. In her Bio, she remembers every time she is attacked, and she is very patient. She won't let people get a rise out of her, she will bide her time, waiting for the best opportunity to get her revenge. The problem is that names like 'Vengeful Retaliation', and 'Strikes of Vengeance' imply that they are happening right away. 'Anticipated Assault' works because it tells you that she can lay down a strong attack, and that the attack isn't necessarily immediate.

I don't really want to make the secondary attacks any stronger, simply because getting multiple attacks is always going to be powerful, so it doesn't seem necessary. Just like Iron Shirt Mastery on Yi Feng, she only needs to block the damage to activate the effect initial effect of getting a marker. I'd also like to see a cheaper options for the monks, and I'm relatively happy with how this design currently plays, so I don't see a need to make her more powerful, and thus expensive.
Old September 2nd, 2019, 04:39 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Leaf_It's customs.

The Way of Patience? Patient Assault? Patient Retaliation?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 2nd, 2019, 04:48 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Anticipated Assault sounds kind of immediate to me too, like she's anticipating what's going to happen and then punching them before it happens (kind of Zogross-esque). To throw some words out: Patient Reprisal, Stoic Retaliation, Endured Retaliation, Bided Reprisal (Bode Reprisal? Bide is a weird verb to conjugate)? I can't think of anything super martial artsy since that's not my area of expertise, unfortunately. Maybe Way of the Willow? It's not super straight forward, but I know willows are used as metaphors for taking blows and springing right back into place.

Edit: should have checked before taking a while to post, but I like LO's ideas. The Way of Patience and Patient Retaliation especially.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old September 2nd, 2019, 04:49 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Ooh, I love Way of the Willow!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 2nd, 2019, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
The Way of Patience? Patient Assault? Patient Retaliation?
Patience is not a bad word to use to describe what the ability is in it's own name, I considered it when I was trying to come up with names initially. I went with Anticipated because I thought it sounded better/cooler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Anticipated Assault sounds kind of immediate to me too, like she's anticipating what's going to happen and then punching them before it happens (kind of Zogross-esque). To throw some words out: Patient Reprisal, Stoic Retaliation, Endured Retaliation, Bided Reprisal (Bode Reprisal? Bide is a weird verb to conjugate)? I can't think of anything super martial artsy since that's not my area of expertise, unfortunately. Maybe Way of the Willow? It's not super straight forward, but I know willows are used as metaphors for taking blows and springing right back into place.

Edit: should have checked before taking a while to post, but I like LO's ideas. The Way of Patience and Patient Retaliation especially.
I didn't know that about Willows, but that makes sense, they have very flexible branches that go right back to where they were once you stop bending them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Ooh, I love Way of the Willow!
hmmm... I'll have to try using Willow. I'm not sure if 'Way of the Willow' is exactly what I want, but maybe I'm just being picky.

Here's a few ideas:
Fist of the Patient Willow
Abiding Assault
Awaiting Fist of Fury
Abiding Fist of Fury
Fist of the Willow
Strike of the Willow

I'm open to more name suggestions.
Old September 3rd, 2019, 11:34 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Crouching Tiger...

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old September 3rd, 2019, 11:36 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Crouching Tiger...

ooo...yes. ^This. Perfectly personifies a "anticipated assault"

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards