Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 2nd, 2021, 04:53 PM

AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: AndreThaGiant's Customs [*NEW* BLOODSTRIDE NINJAS]

Metsubushi (Japanese: 目潰し, lit. "eye closers") or gantsubushi[1] are a variety of implements and techniques that were used in feudal Japan by samurai police and other individuals to temporarily or permanently blind or disorient an opponent.

I know these seem similar to the 12th's Gas Grenades, but the difference here is the theme. I've reduced the range and allowed all ninjas to be unaffected.
Old November 3rd, 2021, 07:37 AM

AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby!

Points would be 95 to 115 dependent on playtesting.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; November 3rd, 2021 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Nice custom - as I disappear...
Old November 3rd, 2021, 11:17 AM

Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'd love to see a common ninja squad on the board, the theme here looks fun and the gameplay would be great. Curious to see what point total you settle on

Customs are for home use and enjoyment first and foremost.
Old November 3rd, 2021, 11:28 AM

AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm wondering if I should make the metsubushi a d20 power instead of an SA. It would bring down the point total imo. Thoughts?
Old November 4th, 2021, 12:01 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreThaGiant View Post
I'm wondering if I should make the metsubushi a d20 power instead of an SA. It would bring down the point total imo. Thoughts?
Unless youre thinking the d20 power would be significantly different I think Id prefer to follow the precedent set by gas grenade for this kind of effect.

Curious to see what the d20 version would look like though.
Old November 4th, 2021, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Quote:
Unless youre thinking the d20 power would be significantly different I think Id prefer to follow the precedent set by gas grenade for this kind of effect.

The d20 version would look something like this:
Quote:
METSUBUSHI
Before attacking with a Bloodstride Ninja, you may choose an adjacent figure and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a _ or higher, the chosen figure subtracts 1 from their defense for the attack. Figures never subtract more than 1 dice for Metsubushi.
Each one of them gets to use it prior to attacking. Obviously it's more beneficial for the first ninja to land it than the second or third.

Your thoughts?
Old November 4th, 2021, 02:23 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Quote:
Unless you’re thinking the d20 power would be significantly different I think I’d prefer to follow the precedent set by gas grenade for this kind of effect.

The d20 version would look something like this:
Quote:
METSUBUSHI
Before attacking with a Bloodstride Ninja, you may choose an adjacent figure and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a _ or higher, the chosen figure subtracts 1 from their defense for the attack. Figures never subtract more than 1 dice for Metsubushi.
Each one of them gets to use it prior to attacking. Obviously it's more beneficial for the first ninja to land it than the second or third.

Your thoughts?
Mechanically that seems far less interesting. What I like about the special attack is the way that it encourages you to leverage phantom walk to engage multiple enemies with a single ninja, then target that ninja with metsubushi. The d20 version would play much more similarly to any other melee squad and feels much more generic in terms of playstyle.
Old November 4th, 2021, 08:46 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I know these seem similar to the 12th's Gas Grenades, but the difference here is the theme.
Sometimes a different theme is reason enough to create a new unit, even for the official designers. Good examples would be the Ashigaru Harquebus or the Heavy Gruts.

Quote:
I believe the 12th Caucasus Rifles's Gas Grenade power began life as a d20 power, or at least spent some time developing as such, before becoming a special attack. Can't remember the reasoning behind the change, though.
Old November 5th, 2021, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
I know these seem similar to the 12th's Gas Grenades, but the difference here is the theme.
Sometimes a different theme is reason enough to create a new unit, even for the official designers. Good examples would be the Ashigaru Harquebus or the Heavy Gruts.

Quote:
I believe the 12th Caucasus Rifles's Gas Grenade power began life as a d20 power, or at least spent some time developing as such, before becoming a special attack. Can't remember the reasoning behind the change, though.
Great examples! Good to know that the d20 version has previously been tested
Old November 11th, 2021, 10:53 AM

Re: AndreThaGiant's Customs [*NEW* GORRAN THE OUTSIDER]

Not that the Children of the Dark Star need any help in the movement department, I thought this would be a fun concept to explore. Perhaps I should tone down Invasive Species to something more like Urk's Mob Swarm. Anyway- Gorran's purpose is similar to Kozil- engage him in a chokepoint or with multiple units and he doesn't really need OM's to remain effective.

"GET OVER HERE!" -Gorran

Last edited by AndreThaGiant; November 18th, 2021 at 11:47 AM.
Old November 11th, 2021, 01:12 PM

Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think this figure is really fun.

Children of the Dark Star and the Outsider army (as a full build) is really underwhelming and pretty boring to play for me. Giving them all the ability to advance a bit, take over the board and with a fun label like Invasive species... I would definitely add this to their army.

Pike Pole is really fun, probably won't come up often but it keeps a large hero from backing out of a situation more often then not which is hilarious. Fitting miniature for what you are trying to convey.

Customs are for home use and enjoyment first and foremost.
Old November 11th, 2021, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
I think this figure is really fun.

Children of the Dark Star and the Outsider army (as a full build) is really underwhelming and pretty boring to play for me. Giving them all the ability to advance a bit, take over the board and with a fun label like Invasive species... I would definitely add this to their army.

Pike Pole is really fun, probably won't come up often but it keeps a large hero from backing out of a situation more often then not which is hilarious. Fitting miniature for what you are trying to convey.
Thanks! Yeah it could bring some fun gameplay interactions if you're up against, say, himmelskralle xD

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards