Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old June 22nd, 2008, 10:53 AM
Disinfretinated

mecha frog knows what's in an order marker mecha frog knows what's in an order marker
The Indy 520...Sunday 7/27

Welcome Heroscape Fans!
to the first running of the

The Indy 520

Time:
Sunday July 27th, 12 – 4:30pm

11637 Fishers Station Dr.
Fishers, IN 46038
317-598-9068
Sunday store hours are 11-5
www.gamersdesire.com

Hahnarama and I had a chance to play some Scape at Gamers Desire in Fishers. The store owners are ok with us setting up open Heroscape gaming days in the shop. They have enough tables to easily accommodate 10-12 players at a time.

The plan for now is to schedule events at least once a month. We'll skip August because I think we may have some venue competition. Games will range from casual to tournaments. Once the Ohio Valley Association of Heroscapers gets up and running, we plan on being affiliated with that group as well.

For July 27, plan on 520 point armies and we will use a selection of the maps planned for GenCon. I have enough terrain to set up at least 6 boards so if we can get 12 players that would be great. If we get more than 12, I'll need someone to help out with some maps.

Please use this thread to sign up and I will edit the players list as we go. Players of all skill levels and ages are welcome.

Players:
1. mecha frog
2. mecha kid 1
3. mecha kid 2
4. Hahnarama
5. rickert
6. wdgrant
7. mecha neighbor
8. justin
9. Osborne sr.
10. Osborne jr.
11. Drogonmaster384
12. Dragonmaster384's Dad

Outstanding! All slots filled for our first game day. Walkins are still welcome. We will have eight maps up.

Final note...Thank you Gamer's Desire for letting us come in and play! Unfortunately, no food or drinks are allowed in the store.

m.frog

Last edited by mecha frog; July 27th, 2008 at 12:19 AM. Reason: title change
Old June 23rd, 2008, 01:38 PM

Twitsan is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: NE Indy Open Gaming

I know of 3 or 4 friends who also live here in Lafayette who might be interested in either tournament and/or big battles. The thing is unless there are going to be more players itís not really worth us driving down to fishers just to play against each other. If you can get some more people let me know the day and I will pass the information on.

May the dragon ride upon the wheel of time

RIP... James Oliver Rigney, Jr. aka Robert Jordan.
Old June 25th, 2008, 10:28 PM

wdgrant knows what's in an order marker wdgrant knows what's in an order marker

Hey MechaFrog, how is it going?

Fishers is a bit far for me as well. I wouldn't mind testing Gen Con armies though, and if I could play for a few hours, the drive might be worth it. When do they have open gaming up there?
Old June 26th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdgrant View Post

Fishers is a bit far for me as well. I wouldn't mind testing Gen Con armies though, and if I could play for a few hours, the drive might be worth it. When do they have open gaming up there?
On a "normal" Sat they run some card events....when we asked about best times they said later in the day on Sat say after 2 PM.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old June 26th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Disinfretinated

mecha frog knows what's in an order marker mecha frog knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdgrant View Post

The few times I went to worldsenemy's games the drive was about 40 minutes ish (It may have been longer but I'm going with 40). If we do this once a month then maybe some of the Mooresville crew would be willing to come up, too.

If we do this I would want to plan on four rounds of matches at least. Planning five may be a bit much unless we have a lot of players. So yes, several hours of gaming goodness will be available.
Old June 26th, 2008, 10:06 AM

rickert is surprisingly tart

I would come as Anderson isn't far from Fishers, but Saturdays aren't good for me. If you ever schedule something for Sunday let me know and I should be able to come.
Old June 26th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Disinfretinated

I think Sunday's are an option. They are for me at least. I'll check the store hours.

I saw rickert's post about Anderson gaming, too. there is a Reader Copies in Noblesville as well.
Old June 26th, 2008, 01:12 PM

rickert is surprisingly tart

Yes there is. But I'm not over there too often and I don't know if they are carrying Heroscape.
Old June 26th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Disinfretinated

Is the Anderson store?
Old July 15th, 2008, 11:29 PM

wdgrant knows what's in an order marker wdgrant knows what's in an order marker

Thngs are finally slowing down for me, so I thought I would try to revive this thread to find out interest in some GenCon testing.

I have a soccer tournament this weekend (19th and 20th), but wanted to see who might be available the next weekend. I am willing to make the drive up north if we get a decent group.

So who is up for it. I can probably do Saturday or Sunday, and we can play it by ear depending upon other people's availability.
Old July 16th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

D'oh! The Frog and I had talked about getting together this weekend so I could provide some cannon fodder for his armies.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old July 16th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Disinfretinated

Well as it happens, this Saturday is now out for me. Sunday is still good, though. How about this...I check with Gamer's Desire for their Sunday schedule then set a time for both this Sunday AND next Sunday.

I stopped in on a Saturday night once and it was a mad house with a bunch of those crazed MTG players.

The shop is open Sundays from 11-5. There are plenty of food places nearby. Only bad thing, no food or drinks in the store.

# of players? I can bring three (me and kids) My 9 year old's strategery falls a little short sometimes (spam Drake 2.0 and roll more skulls than you roll shields) but he really enjoys playing. Hahn, wdgrant, possibly rickert from Anderson. Anyone else?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events