Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old November 9th, 2020, 11:46 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Public Design Workshop

Here's my attempt at Hooded Justice. Not sure if I've quite done him justice, still feels like something's missing or something. Would appreciate any suggestions.
Quote:

NAME = HOODED JUSTICE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = VIGILANTE
PERSONALITY = VENGEFUL

SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 140?

UNDER THE HOOD
Hooded Justice is considered to have a secret identity. If Hooded Justice is adjacent to at least one Terrorist or Mastermind add 1 to his normal attack and subtract 1 from his defense. If he is engaged with a Mastermind, he cannot attack any other figure.

CRIMINAL INTIMIDATION
Criminal figures roll 1 fewer defense die against Hooded Justice's normal attack.

BRUTAL CONVICTIONS
When Hooded Justice destroys an opponent's figure with his normal attack, he may attack again. Hooded Justice may continue attacking with his normal attack until he does not destroy a figure.

Last edited by Splash; February 14th, 2021 at 02:18 AM. Reason: pic
Old November 10th, 2020, 06:27 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Aspects of Brutal Double Attack from Daredevil and Reckless Engagement from Huntress, which are the two I'd think of right away for him. It feels like a pretty solid write up to me. I like the Cyclops reference. Is the line "Beware of the Cyclops" or just "Beware the Cyclops"?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 10th, 2020, 06:43 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
Here's my attempt at Hooded Justice. Not sure if I've quite done him justice, still feels like something's missing or something. Would appreciate any suggestions.
Quote:
NAME = HOODED JUSTICE
SECRET IDENTITY = UNKNOWN

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = VIGILANTE
PERSONALITY = VENGEFUL

SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 140?

“BEWARE OF THE CYCLOPS”
If Hooded Justice is engaged with at least one Terrorist or Mastermind add 1 to his normal attack and subtract 1 from his defense. If he is engaged with a Mastermind, he cannot attack any other figure.

CRIMINAL INTIMIDATION
Criminal figures roll 1 fewer defense die against Hooded Justice's normal attack.

BRUTAL CONVICTIONS
When Hooded Justice destroys an opponent's figure with his normal attack, he may attack again. Hooded Justice may continue attacking with his normal attack until he does not destroy a figure.
This was the Minuteman who was a borderline Klan member, right?
Solid draft - I've wondered if we'd ever delve into the 'historical' characters of the Watchmen universe. Honestly don't know much about him.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 10th, 2020, 07:42 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

More that he fought the Klan.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 10th, 2020, 07:59 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Really? I thought this guy was a borderline Nazi whose costume was literally a glorified depiction of a lynching. I know there was someone like that - Alan Moore really wanted to portray the 'superheroes' of Watchmen as flawed to horrible people of their time.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 10th, 2020, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Really? I thought this guy was a borderline Nazi whose costume was literally a glorified depiction of a lynching. I know there was someone like that - Alan Moore really wanted to portray the 'superheroes' of Watchmen as flawed to horrible people of their time.
Very little is known about the character in the original source material. After that, it depends on which version you're going with. This card is definitely referencing the HBO Watchmen series as a source material, in which case he's certainly not a Nazi or a white nationalist or anything of the sort.

I don't want to post spoilers for that excellent show, though, so I won't go any further.

I've not seen anything from what I've read on other source material to imply that he was a member of the Klan there either, though.

Old November 10th, 2020, 09:17 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Looked into it, and apparently in the book he is a Nazi sympathizer who is also hinted to be gay. That’s Moore for ya.
Old November 10th, 2020, 09:19 AM

Oh, he's definitely gay in any interpretation.

Old November 10th, 2020, 09:28 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Looked into it, and apparently in the book he is a Nazi sympathizer who is also hinted to be gay. That’s Moore for ya.
If only that were actually as uncommon as basic logic would dictate.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 10th, 2020, 09:36 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yeah, he's pretty much always implied to be gay. I actually really love the mystery of Hooded Justice in the book, where we're given all of these peeks behind the curtain that imply so much depth.

In the original comic he's just a brutal vigilante, who kicks off the whole "masked crime fighter thing," is implied to be in a relationship with Captain Metropolis, and made some pro-Nazi statements. Circus strongman Rolf Muller is listed as a possible identity.

In Before Watchmen (The Minutemen series, which is quite excellent, done by Darwyn Cooke) his identity is never revealed, but he's confirmed to be German and is explicitly NOT Rolf Muller, who is a character that shows up separately.

In the TV show, yeah, definitely not Rolf Muller. He does have explicit German sympathies though, which I thought was an interesting way to include that vein of the character. (I thought the show was kinda garbage but the Hooded Justice episode was definitely a highlight.)

One draft could easily hit all those notes though:

- Hates criminals and lawlessness
- Brutal, vicious methods; possible sadist
- Inspiration for "masks" movement
- Big

I actually had a basic draft for him, shown below. Obviously agreed on for Criminal Intimidation, similar tack for "multi-attack" stuff, but I think I like your version better overall. Maybe you could dovetail the "hunting down criminal conspiracy" power with an "inspiring others" power?

Spoiler Alert!
Old November 10th, 2020, 07:12 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks everybody! Yeah, "Beware of the Cyclops" is what was said in the show and that power leans most heavily towards the TV version, but I think the rest are pretty representative of any iteration of the character. I was thinking of doing all the Minutemen (that was definitely the standout of the Before Watchmen series), but there aren't clix for Mothman, Silhouette, or Nite Owl I which is a bit sad.
I was also thinking of a First of the Masks type power, but wasn't sure how to incorporate it. Maybe a bonus or initiative boost for every Vigilante in your army or something could be rolled in there.
Old November 11th, 2020, 10:50 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nice jobs on both these cards! Inspired me to do another deep dive.

Long read and spoilers ahead!

Spoiler Alert!

@Splash @johnny139 @Lazy Orang @MrNobody @IAmBatman

Last edited by toyhandle; November 12th, 2020 at 05:15 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy