Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old April 6th, 2020, 03:19 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Well. Im finally feeling decent enough to get caught up on housework and started cleaning my shop again. I found a bunch of extra materials in there and decided to add to my endor forest board along with a couple 3d printed ticalla trees that I painted and based for the start of my brothers jungle board. Also have a couple shots of the terrain I made for him with a taste of what the finished buildings will look like. I did up all these trees this afternoon after priming what was left of my unpainted legion and walking dead minis.
Heres the start to one of the buildings with just the greebles glued on.

All the terrain I whipped up for his ratchet and clank themed legion board

Heres how all the terrain will be painted.

Heres the trees I made this evening.
In stages of completion.
Tubes with holes poked in with pointed popsicle sticks with foilaged glued on the limbs along side the 3d prints with some foam chunks at the base. Also foam chunks in the tops of the tubes.

Next. Covered foam on bases of ticalla prints with hot glue and covered endor trees with hot glue texture. Base coated ticallas tan.

Finally, base coated endor trees in burnt umber spray, drybrushed the trees with shades of tan, khaki, caramel, and did the lighter palms with some ivory. Along with painting the palm leafs palm leaf green and kiwi. Also hot glued on some accent foilage to the base along side reindeer moss.(spanish moss works as well.) hit some of the moss with some lighter green paint and sealed it with matte clear coat. These are all based on metal punches from the metal yard that I work on equipment for.

You could say I got side tracked because the shop still isnt clean. Im also making my brother another 6 trees out of crafting materials but that will be later today. I figured I use up some of my materials instead of organizing more of it. These were fun to do. Got to craft with my daughter. She made a bedazzled picture frame for her mom.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 6th, 2020, 06:46 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Very cool @TREX

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 6th, 2020, 07:47 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Sweet. I need to take another swing at an Ewok village myself.
Old April 6th, 2020, 10:08 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Frostgrave is now free!! I never forgot how tempting it looked and now I have no excuse. Just have to remember to download when I’m not on my phone.

https://therenaissancetroll.blogspot...-free.html?m=1
Dang I didn't see this in time and missed out.

@TREX . Those vendor trees are awesome. I'm going to try that.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 6th, 2020, 10:08 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Sweet. I need to take another swing at an Ewok village myself.
Thanks @Hahma , @japes and Tornado. I used vinyl tubing from the cricut materials but I suppose it would be just as easy to use paper towel roll tubes as well. The vinyl tubing is really hard material but once the hot glue texture is added to the whole thing it becomes pretty solid anyway. Id recommend using a large glue gun for that because you go through quite a bit of glue to texture. It takes the glue gun multiple stops to keep enough glue heated up because of the volume its used in. It is super easy to do them. Dm scotty has a video on these if I can find a link.
Here it is

If you dont mind them being more round you dont have to crunch them up and add the glued tissue paper. You can easily just cover them in hot glue texture and theyll look great. Hope this helps. The ewok village would be easier than youd think. What id do for the platforms is use card board with popsicle sticks hotglued to the top and for the support beams.

Old April 6th, 2020, 10:12 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Ha. I thought they were paper towel tubes.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 6th, 2020, 10:18 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Ha. I thought they were paper towel tubes.
Heres another video for smaller trees. Dm scotty is really corny and funny but has some awesome stuff.

I recommend alot of his videos especially if your doing stuff on the cheap. Even though these are cheap they are really sturdy with the hot glue. I made my tree dice towers with this same method. Just with bigger tubing.( you guys could easily use a pringles can for that same size).

Old April 6th, 2020, 09:32 PM
"like" happy

Had a chance to finish my brothers trees for his Legion board. Ended up doing some grish type ticalla with a twist. Added hot glue texture to all the trees and added some beads for coconuts. Ended up looking pretty cool and was fun.

I should probably get back to doing my other projects. It was a fun distraction though.
I don't really need any more foilage for any boards but I have a bunch of pretty large fern leafs from another project I never did that would look great for giant ferns in the underbrush for a star wars world like felucia. I might do those next. I've got a ton of those in the shop.

Old April 6th, 2020, 10:01 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Nice!

Old April 9th, 2020, 03:07 AM
"like" happy

I finished the giant ferns for mine and my brothers battlefields for legion. I ended up making 15 pieces of foilage for his board including 3 giant ferns, 3 underbrush bushes, 6 coconut palm trees, and 3 3d printed ticalla trees. It was a bit of work, but getting his table at his place up to par will help get my other two brothers that live close to him playing again. My one brother hasnt come out to game at my place since I got a golden retriever puppy because its both inside and outside and bothers his allergies. After finishing all the different trees and bushes over all this time I still have 2 and half shopping bags full of fake foilage from the hobby store. Curse those 40% off hobby lobby coupons. After all the home projects were done I helped setup my kids trampoline and a hammock to give my daughter some more non video game outlets from being home all day. After clearing the jungle off my my work table I started the quest to paint the rest of my unpainted legion figures starting with my Imperials. Got my eweb gunner crew painted and got started on my dewback rider. I found out a little while back that my star wars miniatures tie fighter pilots were actually legion scale. I had rebased them for legion not knowing what I was going to do with them. Between the extra gun arms from my new stormtroopers and alternate gun arms from my dewback rider it dawned on me that I could make a complete inferno squad out of them minus the two specific characters because I have 5 of them. I even have the t21 gun leftover from the dewback rider. Ill still pickup one box of them and use the specific characters from that one. Made my day seeing that. Also thought it was pretty cool that I 3d printed an extra at rt awhile back but never mounted a rebel on it because I already had 4 of the rebel ones. Now they are coming out with a clone at rt with 2 seperate riders to choose from in the box leaving me an extra rider for my other at rt. Its uncanny how this stuff has lined up. I also had some awesome ideas for some pretty fun terrain pieces. They are modular tower buildings that sit just 2 inches higher than an at st. Ill be making landing platforms that can sit on top of them or sit on the table. Ill have modular bridges that can connect to them and towers that reach about 5 inches higher than them that have doors connecting to the platforms. These will be elevator shafts that can be used to move a unit from the ground floor to the platform level giving the map a multi level play area. The characters will be able to shoot up and down at each other as well as across the platforms and bridges at each other all while vehicles will easily be able to traverse below including the towering at st. If time permits Ill be cutting all those tomorrow with some of my saws. Last but not least. @Hahma Wanted to get your thoughts on the new silouettes for legion troopers. Im thinking it will be a good move overall once people get used to it. I know my brother wants to try it. It will for sure allow more creativity in modeling. I know you play infinity and that game has them. Got your rancor all finished up. Im hoping to be printing on the resin by the weekend and Ill get you a mando and baby yoda to go with him.

Old April 9th, 2020, 08:56 AM
Prickly Cactus

@TREX

I've seen some stuff on the Legion Facebook page about those silhouettes. Some like it and some think it's stupid. I think it's a good idea, especially for the competitive players, as some of them are douchebags and try to game the system with poses of minis or positioning etc.

Some other games use silhouettes, one in particular is called Infinity, which I've played a couple times. That game has a pretty big international competitive scene, and it has worked well for it.

I haven't looked too much into it for Legion, as I only play occasionally and casual only. Also, I won't be gaming with anyone for a while longer, as we're all doing our part in social distancing. I don't even go hang out with my sister and her family and they live on the next block. I did drop off a mask to my sister for my niece to use while at work, but we were just in her front yard and I just handed it to her and backed up and talked from a distance.

So gaming has been and will be only solo for the near future. Though my buddy Brian who runs our DnD group is trying to get us setup on Roll20, so we can do our DnD online. We haven't gotten together since January.

Old April 13th, 2020, 02:11 PM
"like" happy

Ive also been staying home for a couple of weeks now. I wont be getting any legion in or any other multiplayer game in for that matter. It is a great time to catch up on painting backlog though. Yesterday I modded 10 miniatures from star wars miniatures game that were to scale with legion. They were Imperial pilots and death star gunners. I modded them with the extra gun arms that came with my Imperial stormtrooper upgrade pack, rebel trooper upgrade pack, and extra arms from my dewback trooper. The gunner figures I had already 3d printed back packs for. I also did some limb swaps on some of them. I painted those afterwards along with my 4th squad of death troopers, finished the dewback rider, and painted the stormtrooper upgrade troopers as well. They all still need a wash along with my eweb crew. I also am close to finishing my resin printer enclosure. I built it and painted it. I still have to mount the plexiglass door to the front and mount the exhaust fan on the back though. Also finished the prep work on my landing platforms and painted up a new game board. Since Ive gotten feeling a bit better but still have to stay home Ive been knocking out tons of stuff. Im going to finish my republic army next. I have to paint up 3 barc speeders and 3 variants of obi wan to finish them. Next will be rebels, then droids. Im going off of what has the least to paint to finish up faction wise. I hadnt been buying any more hobby stuff but had some ebay bucks to spend so I picked up one more shoretrooper box making my total of two shore trooper squads. I found a ton of great stl files for some more legion troopers as well. My favorite one has to be a file for the dewback rider. The guy has made it in two parts. The dewback with the trooper legs. The second part being a stormtrooper top half with a generic long gun. Its genious because it allows you to use the second top part from the dewback box. After I do homework with my kid and take care of things around my house it will be another hobby packed evening. Im hoping to completely finish my resin printer enclosure within the next day or so.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures