Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old March 5th, 2019, 09:12 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Hobgoblin (Design Phase)

Going all round would make it harder to harass Spider-Man since he can just swing away. We currently have two Gas Glyphs - two is precedent but I wouldn't call it a rule. In general I'm not too excited about adding a Glyph here since I prefer the simplicity... but it solves so many issues that I think it's probably the way to go.

The reason I went with Tricks and Arsenal for the SA is to represent all of the pumpkins and lasers and razors and stuff he uses - it's a "chuck random stuff at Spider-Man" power. Very open to a more specific name if we have a particular weapon that might do that, or something along similar lines that captures both the "goblin-y weapons" and "chasedown" mechanical halves.
Old March 5th, 2019, 02:53 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I like Pestering Goblin SA.
Old March 5th, 2019, 04:03 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

How about this?

SATCHEL OF TRICKS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 2.
Before each attack, you may choose one of the following effects:
-Each skull rolled counts for an additional hit;
-Before using this special attack, Hobgoblin may move up to 3 spaces;
-After using this special attack, you may use it an additional time.
Hobgoblin may not attack more than 4 times per turn with this special attack.

I'm a bit concerned about the power level of the SA as currently worded, at least in cahoots with the defense reduction. This would allow for a nice compromise; you can pepper the enemy with a bunch of little attacks and then hit him with a big boom, or if he's an evasive figure like Spidey you can give chase before an attack, but it still feels a bit different each attack.

Also, can we drop his defense to 4? He'll still have solid defense, but it will make him a bit less hardy than Green Goblin (and currently he feels like a better option most of the time).

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old March 5th, 2019, 04:06 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I like the current SA and wouldn't want to switch to multi-option thing.
Old March 5th, 2019, 04:09 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Going all round would make it harder to harass Spider-Man since he can just swing away. We currently have two Gas Glyphs - two is precedent but I wouldn't call it a rule. In general I'm not too excited about adding a Glyph here since I prefer the simplicity... but it solves so many issues that I think it's probably the way to go.

The reason I went with Tricks and Arsenal for the SA is to represent all of the pumpkins and lasers and razors and stuff he uses - it's a "chuck random stuff at Spider-Man" power. Very open to a more specific name if we have a particular weapon that might do that, or something along similar lines that captures both the "goblin-y weapons" and "chasedown" mechanical halves.
Yeah, soon after I asked I realized it was a dumb question, but didn't have a chance to post again due to work. Since you want to affect the figures near that space for the duration of the effect, not the spaces themselves, it'd be too tasking on the memory to make it a full round.

I'm cool with a shorter time period. I do think a glyph makes it cleaner regardless.

Would something like "Everything But the Kitchen Sink SA" make sense?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 5th, 2019, 04:47 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Seems like markers that you remove at the end of the player turn would be more appropriate to me
Old March 5th, 2019, 05:07 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Another Gas Glyph might be a good option here. They are a glyph subtype that could stand to be fleshed out.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old March 5th, 2019, 09:40 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Seems like markers that you remove at the end of the player turn would be more appropriate to me
That does seem like it'd be easier to track.

The one plus of the glyph is the interaction with the gas mask.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 5th, 2019, 10:04 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Markers would raise the question of interacting with common/squad figures.

If we wanted to do a streamlined take, I think the easiest way would be to just have it affect a figure that he directly passed over, and lose the 'blast'. That pretty much maintains the effect johnny is going for and makes it a lot clearer by not introducing the concept of affecting spaces.

Quote:
GAS PUMPKIN
After moving and before attacking, you may choose a figure Hobgoblin passed over this turn. For the rest of [Hobgoblin's turn] | [this player turn], that figure subtracts 1 from its Defense number and, when it uses a special power and the 20-sided die is rolled, you may subtract 2 from whatever is rolled.
Hobby can only attack one figure anyway, so it doesn't seem imperative to be able to hit multiple figures. True that in the current write-up, he could bomb a bunch of figures to set up figures that take a turn after him (Street Thugs or Kingpin (I) or Ms. Marvel), but I don't know that he needs to be that good a bonding partner.

And heck, that version is short enough that you could work the Gas Glyphs in:

Quote:
GAS PUMPKIN
After moving and before attacking, you may choose a figure Hobgoblin passed over this turn. For the rest of [Hobgoblin's turn] | [this player turn], that figure subtracts 1 from its Defense number and, when it uses a special power and the 20-sided die is rolled, you may subtract 2 from whatever is rolled. Figures that are not affected by Gas Glyphs are not affected by this special power.
Dropping the AoE effect loses a similarity to Norman's Pumpkin Bomb SA, but I feel like this is a lot cleaner.
Old March 5th, 2019, 10:17 PM

I like that. And since the target is limited to one you could even crank up the power level some to compensate.

Old March 6th, 2019, 08:34 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I would miss the blast - and the idea of gassing a whole bunched up pod and letting your Street Thugs tear them up... but that is far more elegant and would cover most use cases. I think I'd be comfortable with that, going into the initial, and seeing if it feels like he has too many "missed opportunities" to bomb a cluster of people.
Old March 6th, 2019, 09:12 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Well the big loss I see with that direction is bonding with the Thugs or Kingpin. With the blast, they would get their choice of affected figures to attack but in the current one they would only get to if Hobby didn't destroy that figure first. Which could help keep his cost down.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library