Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 3rd, 2014, 07:21 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: Seth - CRB Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Quote:
I don't think the intent is clear. Can you still use non-wounding powers on other figures, including bonding powers?
While it does get odd with some powers, for the most part it's clear: you can't use a power that requires you to target/choose a figure, unless you target/choose the other figure locked in by the Mark of Death.
Well, I don't know this guy from comics, but this version of the power is pretty close to a blanket negation, which doesn't seem like the theme you are going for.
I don't see how the version I posted would be a "blanket negation"; for the target, any automatic powers (Healing Factors, Double Attacks, etc.) would still be in affect and any special attacks or offensive powers could still be used on Seth. The only "negation" I can think of would be supportive powers: Mr. Fantastic, for example, couldn't use his leadership ability.

Quote:
I'm not sure what's confusing on Frigga's Magic Blessing. You roll the die as usual. The skull and shield don't let you choose anything. If you roll the blank, then you have to pick Seth.

Never mind, I was thinking Frigga's Magic Blessing worked slightly differently.

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not opposed to it, I do like that it's shorter, but it seems to me no matter how we do this it's going to run into some very odd interactions.
I suppose that's true. This version gets closer to what I think is the intended set of effects though.
Hmm. See, I was thinking the emphasis of the character was that the two combatants wouldn't be able to fight any one else at all, which is what my version captured.

SirG, which would be more thematic?

Quote:
When Seth and a figure with your Death Marker on its card engage each other, they cannot move out of engagement with each other or be moved by any special power on an Army Card or Glyph. During their turns, if Seth or the chosen figure inflicts a wound on an opponent's figure that is not the other, they receive one wound.
I also really like this direction.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old November 3rd, 2014, 07:22 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
How's this?

When Seth and a figure with your Death Marker on its card engage each other, they cannot move out of engagement with each other, be moved by any special power on an Army Card or Glyph, they must target each other for all attacks or special powers that cause wounds, and Seth and the chosen Hero cannot be prevented from attacking each other. When the chosen Hero or Seth is destroyed, return your Death Marker to this card.

The only part of this text that doesn't really sit well with me is the triple usage of "each other", but I am unsure of how to fix that.
That doesn't really fix any of the issues from dok's suggestion. I like quozl's idea. Something like this?

Quote:
When Seth and a figure with your Death Marker on its card engage each other, they cannot move out of engagement with each other, be moved by any special power on an Army Card or Glyph. During their turns, if Seth or the chosen figure inflicts a wound on an opponent's figure that is not the other, they receive one wound.
I have it on their turns so that units with passive powers like Counterstrike and Engagement Strike aren't affected worse than others. Wording probably needs some major work though.
For this part couldn't it be simplified to

When Seth is engaged with another figure with a Death Marker on its card, the two figures may not be moved out of engagement by any means.

Doesn't this cover special movement powers as well as?

if "by any means" is a hangup..

When Seth is engaged with another figure with a Death Marker on its card, the two figures may not be move out of engagement with each other or be moved out of engagement by any special power.

and for the last part...

Seth and the figure with the Death Marker on its card may only target an adjacent figure with a Death Marker on its card.

Just spit-balling in hopes of inspiring someone with the correct wording.

signature
Old November 3rd, 2014, 07:25 PM
His sweat is highly explosive

Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
How's this?

When Seth and a figure with your Death Marker on its card engage each other, they cannot move out of engagement with each other, be moved by any special power on an Army Card or Glyph, they must target each other for all attacks or special powers that cause wounds, and Seth and the chosen Hero cannot be prevented from attacking each other. When the chosen Hero or Seth is destroyed, return your Death Marker to this card.

The only part of this text that doesn't really sit well with me is the triple usage of "each other", but I am unsure of how to fix that.
That doesn't really fix any of the issues from dok's suggestion. I like quozl's idea. Something like this?

Quote:
When Seth and a figure with your Death Marker on its card engage each other, they cannot move out of engagement with each other, be moved by any special power on an Army Card or Glyph. During their turns, if Seth or the chosen figure inflicts a wound on an opponent's figure that is not the other, they receive one wound.
I have it on their turns so that units with passive powers like Counterstrike and Engagement Strike aren't affected worse than others. Wording probably needs some major work though.
For this part couldn't it be simplified to

When Seth is engaged with another figure with a Death Marker on its card, the two figures may not be moved out of engagement by any means.

Doesn't this cover special movement powers as well as?

if "by any means" is a hangup..

When Seth is engaged with another figure with a Death Marker on its card, the two figures may not be move out of engagement with each other or be moved out of engagement by any special power.

and for the last part...

Seth and the figure with the Death Marker on its card may only target an adjacent figure with a Death Marker on its card.

Just spit-balling in hopes of inspiring someone with the correct wording.
I'm liking those changes.
Old November 3rd, 2014, 07:25 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:

Quote:
When Seth and a figure with your Death Marker on its card engage each other, they cannot move out of engagement with each other or be moved by any special power on an Army Card or Glyph. During their turns, if Seth or the chosen figure inflicts a wound on an opponent's figure that is not the other, they receive one wound.
I also really like this direction.
One issue that may be important to bring up here...what if there was an area attack that would also wound a second adjacent opponent's figure...would you want that to give Seth a wound even though the initial target was still his marked for death target.

signature
Old November 6th, 2014, 11:57 AM

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

@SirGalahad , has there been a decision made yet on how to word the power? Once we've settled things here I can work on an Initial, but until then I'm going to try knocking out some other tests.

Old November 6th, 2014, 07:14 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
Seth - CRB Phase

Well, I am glad that such a lively discussion has been generated. Means we shouldn't have to re-evaluate him later, right?

Here's where I'm at:

Once Seth and a figure with your Death Marker on its card engage each other, they cannot move out of that engagement or be moved by any special power on an Army Card or Glyph. If either figure targets a figure for an attack or a special power on an Army Card or Glyph that inflicts wounds, that figure must target the other figure, if possible. When the chosen Hero or Seth is destroyed, return your Death Marker to this card.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old November 6th, 2014, 07:30 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don't think that stops the daring decoy play. Seth & Wasp can tie someone up and they're stuck attacking Wasp while Seth smashes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 6th, 2014, 07:52 PM

That version works for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I don't think that stops the daring decoy play. Seth & Wasp can tie someone up and they're stuck attacking Wasp while Seth smashes.
I thought the problem before was that Daring Decoy and Mark of Death conflicted and actually prevented the target from attacking at all. Personally, I don't see how Wasp absorbing the attacks for Seth (as long as the target is allowed to attack Wasp) is any different then her protecting someone like Thor.

Old November 6th, 2014, 09:15 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, I guess you're right. Carry on!

Quote:
Old November 6th, 2014, 10:28 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Will give this until tomorrow evening. If there are no objections then, we'll go with this:

Once Seth and a figure with your Death Marker on its card engage each other, they cannot move out of that engagement or be moved by any special power on an Army Card or Glyph. If either figure targets a figure for an attack or a special power on an Army Card or Glyph that inflicts wounds, that figure must target the other figure, if possible. When the chosen Hero or Seth is destroyed, return your Death Marker to this card.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old November 6th, 2014, 11:16 PM
His sweat is highly explosive

Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun

Old November 7th, 2014, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Telekinesis is certainly a special power that inflicts wounds, however, it first moves the figure, so you can't pick Seth. Because it's not "possible" to choose Seth, you can choose others.
This concerns me. I wonder what other powers we're missing or future powers this may muck with.

I'd rather go with something like this, suggested by TB:

Quote:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library