Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old October 15th, 2017, 02:06 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Executioner 616

@Grimnak you still won that game against my Rats and 616 cheese and bacon sandwhich army with a hodgepodge. I lost twice with the Excecutioner (out of 3 games). In the game I did win, Excecutioner never came into play (since it was a blowout).

That being said, I never popped her yesterday. I always prefered to pop rats, to almost no effect.

For the record that army was: Q9, Raelin (rotv), Rats x4, and Excecutioner.

The main debilitating part for the black and white 'borg is that him exploding rats is very easy to see. Often times you can simply chance the leaving engagement attack or simply destroy the rat.

This robo is good in her own right, but nowhere near Fen Hydra levels or even Q-brother levels.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; October 15th, 2017 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Gotta remember the gender.
Old October 15th, 2017, 02:30 PM

Grimnak knows what's in an order marker Grimnak knows what's in an order marker Grimnak knows what's in an order marker

char limit

Last edited by Grimnak; October 15th, 2017 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Discussion not warranted, apparently.
Old October 15th, 2017, 02:34 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Any game-wide power is gonna be strong for sure. I'm not sure if broken is the right way to look at it, but perhaps competitive. Time will tell. Good game for certain!

Edit: Well I'll be. 6000 posts! Took a while.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old October 15th, 2017, 03:56 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimnak View Post
...I strongly believe this figure is broken...

Overall, he's broken at his current price....
Quote:
I don't think the executioner is on, say, Hydra levels...
What's your definition of broken? I think disagreement here might be a good fraction of the reason your views seem out of line with most of the others.
Old October 15th, 2017, 04:09 PM

Grimnak knows what's in an order marker Grimnak knows what's in an order marker Grimnak knows what's in an order marker

Figures can be broken on a number of different levels, of course.

Units that come to mind that are broken in the sense that a.) they're used all the time because of their abilities and b.) match up well with pretty much everything:

-Hydra
-4th Mass
-Raelin RotV
-Deathreavers
-Marro Warriors
-Isamu

I'd put the Executioner on a level below these units. As in, if customs were more commonplace, this figure would be used quite a bit more often than others for the same price because he abuses one of the most easy to use and "broken" squads in the game (Deathreavers) and other extremely viable squads (Blasts/Glads).

Although, as an addendum, I will say that for a dying game such as Heroscape, I'm honestly taken by surprise at the hostility towards a guy saying a unit seems very good and stating his reasons for why. I'm not taking jabs at anyone, and I'm not even offering other suggestions because, honestly, I'm not sure myself other than maybe raising his price. Is he a cool concept? Hell yeah. But jeez, all this has really encouraged me to do is not give my opinions on figures anymore on these forums.
Old October 15th, 2017, 04:18 PM
I could go

Don't look at it like that bud. Tone can be interpretted in many ways on the internet.

The good news about this piece is that it is fun. Cost notwithstanding.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old October 15th, 2017, 04:24 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
For the record that army was: Q9, Raelin (rotv), Rats x4, and Excecutioner.
hahahahahahahahaha.

Q9, ratsx4, Raelin, and a ham sandwich will win you a lot of games.

Quote:
This robo is good in her own right, but nowhere near Fen Hydra levels or even Q-brother levels.
Yes. She's not remotely close to the threat level of the Hydra.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I'm happy to play you with a B-tier army where you get rats and executioner. I'll even play melee without disengage or special attacks. Say, Executioner + Rats x3 + Isamu versus 5 squads of Drones. If it's broken as you describe, that should be an easy and reliable win for executioner.
I actually feel more than confident that the Drones would lose that matchup.
Why settle for feeling? I was making a serious suggestion. I'll play the matchup with you, online, on any evening of your choice. Here's a link.

You're probably right that it's winnable for the rats, but I was very consciously giving you a matchup that sets things up exactly as you would want: non-disengaging, normal-attacking melee, and moreover an army that wants to swarm and pack its figures in. And no matter what you think of Executioner, I'm giving you 130 points of A/A+ against my B army. If you can't win that matchup, with almost everything in your favor, it would completely annihilate the notion that the figure is broken.

Broken means A+ or beyond levels. Executioner is simply not at that level.

Quote:
Although, as an addendum, I will say that for a dying game such as Heroscape, I'm honestly taken by surprise at the hostility towards a guy saying a unit seems very good and stating his reasons for why. I'm not taking jabs at anyone, and I'm not even offering other suggestions because, honestly, I'm not sure myself other than maybe raising his price.
And I'm not taking jabs at you, either. I'm taking jabs at your argument. I'm offering you a way to demonstrate it, in an extremely favorable matchup, against a B tier army.

Quote:
Is he a cool concept? Hell yeah. But jeez, all this has really encouraged me to do is not give my opinions on figures anymore on these forums.
She.

I always welcome discussion. Don't look at the push-back as a reason to not give opinions. Just be prepared to discuss, debate, and ultimately provide results.
Old October 15th, 2017, 04:38 PM
I could go

Now I want an actual ham sandwhich... mmmmm ham

@dok

Apparently not, I went 1-3 yesterday lol. To be fair I don't have nearly enough practice with any of those units save for maybe Raelin.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old October 15th, 2017, 04:39 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Now I want an actual ham sandwhich... mmmmm ham

Quote:
@dok

Apparently not, I went 1-3 yesterday lol. To be fair I don't have nearly enough practice with any of those units save for maybe Raelin.

You probably wasted too many turns blowing up your own figures instead of shooting with Q9.

(not joking)

Last edited by dok; October 15th, 2017 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Ham sandwiches don't eat OMs. ;)
Old October 15th, 2017, 04:42 PM
I could go

Re: Now I want an actual ham sandwhich... mmmmm ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
@dok

You probably wasted too many turns blowing up your own figures instead of shooting with Q9.

(not joking)
Actually I only took a turn with Excecutioner once while Q9 was alive. Q9 just couldn't get himself going. A couple dwarf builds made an impact for sure though.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old October 15th, 2017, 05:17 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
But jeez, all this has really encouraged me to do is not give my opinions on figures anymore on these forums.
If you are ever feeling this way, take a step back, and unwind. I've had my own ideas and opinions I believed in challenged before, and it has left me feeling less than stellar. Regardless of whether you are right or wrong, take a breather, go do something unrelated to Heroscape, or these forums, and come back with a clear head.

I know that this place can sometimes feel hostile, but keep in mind that everyone here has their own opinions, and they will feel just as challenged when those opinions are questioned as you do. It doesn't mean that they don't want you to voice those challenges, it just means that they want you to back them up however you can, before they will simply accept them.

I hope that you can feel that it's still okay to voice your opinion in the future. When something really is broken, it's important to point it out. Even if that opinion isn't accepted by everyone, it draws attention to it, and maybe in the future others will come along and agree with what you pointed out. We all hope that you stick around to enjoy this game with us.
Old October 15th, 2017, 05:47 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

First of all, your concerns are justified. We all know how abusable the rats are and no one wants to see additions make them better.

Many feel that it is not the case with Executioner 616. She was released under conclusion that she does not improve the rats. And that is exactly what is being debated.

We all enjoy the game and we all enjoy debating the game. That's all this is. I'm even taking time out of my football Sunday to post my opinions because it's fun. I've enjoyed your posts. Please don't take it any other way.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs