Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Notices

Old November 4th, 2013, 01:19 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
No Treasure For You

For example, when Kinseth and I played not a single treasure glyph was revealed. (It didn't help that he killed Q with a 4 skull Krav blast right before I was going to make a run for one of them. x_x He also kept Cyprien pretty well hidden until I was down to a handful of Havechs.) So yeah, focusing on winning is usually better than focusing on getting the glyphs unless you have an army that can absolutely pulverize at it like dok's army.

~Dysole, who was slightly tempted to bring the Ogre Warhulk to this season
Old November 4th, 2013, 01:43 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Online 'Scape Season 10 - Round 3 Posted

I've only done the one match of treasure glyphs, and I came as close as one could possibly come to winning it if it weren't for the traps. A little bit of bad luck can ruin any glyph grabbing strategy by not only stopping your hero from grabbing the glyph when you need to, but keep you locked down and needing to pull some one else over to free you, and then continue to stay there while trying to pry up this treasure. I caught three or 4 traps throughout that game, where the last one was for the win and instead brought my downfall.

But, in the same vein, if there were no traps whatsoever or I got lucky, the ninja army could potentially win in the first round if the opponent ignored the scenario, and maybe even if they didn't. It made for a high risk, high reward option which isn't necessarily a bad thing. For some armies, winning the direct fight isn't really an option and so I think it's nice to have an alternative win condition to shoot for instead. That being said, it can be best to think of these as not the primary win condition and focus on what your army really does best at.
Old November 4th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Round 4 is Pick Your Poison on Blacktop. Here are the matchups and armies.

The Thelegendaryirishsword (3-0) v. vegietarian18 (3-0) pool of armies is:
* Migol Ironwill, Heirloom, Theracus, Axegrinders of Burning Forge x3
* Cyprien Esenwein, Sonya Esenwein, Warden 816, Marro Warriors, Tomb Skeletons x3
* Knights of Weston x3, Alastair MacDirk, Finn the Viking Champion, Sir Orrick
* Roman Legionnaires x3, Arashara Goshiri, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Marcu Esenwein
vegietarian18 will decide who chooses their opponent's army first. After armies are picked, Thelegendaryirishsword decides who places their (entire) army first.

The kevindola (3-0) v. Ixe (2-1) pool of armies is:
* Nicholas Esenwein, Deathstrike Thrall x5, Preyblood Thrall x2, Marro Warriors, Kursus
* Blastatrons x2, Major X17, Hoplitron x3, Krav Maga Agents, Kira Jax
* Arrow Gruts x3, Krug, Mimring, Swog Rider x2
* Otonashi, Kantono Daishi, Ninjas of the Northern Wind, Moriko, Isamu, Kumiko
kevindola will decide who chooses their opponent's army first. After armies are picked, Ixe decides who places their (entire) army first.

The dok (2-1) v. C$$ (2-1) pool of armies is:
* Cathar Spearmen x3, Count Raymond, Othkurik The Black Dragon
* Knights of Weston x2, Finn the Viking Champion, Thorgrim the Viking Champion, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Marcu Esenwein, Marro Warriors
* Knights of Weston x2, Eldgrim the Viking Champion, Finn the Viking Champion, Sgt. Drake Alexander [SotM], Kira Jax
* Dreadgul Raiders x3, Jotun, Guilty McCreech
C$$ will decide who chooses their opponent's army first. After armies are picked, dok decides who places their (entire) army first.

The infectedsloth (2-1) v. MegaSilver (2-1) pool of armies is:
* Death Chasers of Thesk x4, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Kursus, Me-Burq-Sa, Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider
* Count Raymond, Cathar Spearmen x3, Van Nessing, Guilty McCreech
* Deathwalker 9000, Zettian Infantry x2, Deathreavers x2, Krav Maga Agents
* Kantono Daishi, Ninjas of the Northern Wind, Moriko, Isamu, Otonashi, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV]
MegaSilver will decide who chooses their opponent's army first. After armies are picked, infectedsloth decides who places their (entire) army first.

The Foudzing (2-1) v. Bengi (2-1) pool of armies is:
* Skeletons of Annellintia x3, Nicholas Esenwein
* Kozuke Samurai, Kaemon Awa, Tomoe Gozen, Tagawa Samurai
* Roman Legionnaires x3, Mogrimm Forgehammer, Ne-Gok-Sa, Me-Burq-Sa, Theracus
* Marrden Nagrubs x4, Tor-Kul-Na, Tyrian the Kyrie Warrior
Bengi will decide who chooses their opponent's army first. After armies are picked, Foudzing decides who places their (entire) army first.

The greygnarl (2-1) v. Kinseth (2-1) pool of armies is:
* Augamo, Quasatch Hunters x3
* Zettian Infantry x3, Deathcommander Mark 3, Isamu, Kaemon Awa
* Deathreavers x3, Cyprien Esenwein, Sonya Esenwein, Marcu Esenwein, Krav Maga Agents, Otonashi
* Augamo, Microcorp Troopers x3, Samuel Brown
greygnarl will decide who chooses their opponent's army first. After armies are picked, Kinseth decides who places their (entire) army first.

The Wanderer999 (2-1) v. arrow grut (2-1) pool of armies is:
* Cathar Spearmen x3, Zelrig, Siiv
* Zombies of Morindan x4, Zombie Hulk x3, Hoplitron
* B-11 Resistance Corps, Braxas, Greenscale Warriors x2, Isamu
* Grimnak, Heavy Gruts x3, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Siiv
arrow grut will decide who chooses their opponent's army first. After armies are picked, Wanderer999 decides who places their (entire) army first.

The Soundwarp SG-1 (1-2) v. awesomeunleashed (1-2) pool of armies is:
* Cyprien Esenwein, Zombies of Morindan x5
* Warriors of Ashra x4, Sgt. Drake Alexander [SotM], Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV]
* Microcorp Troopers x3, Braxas
* Mezzodemon Warmongers x7
awesomeunleashed will decide who chooses their opponent's army first. After armies are picked, Soundwarp SG-1 decides who places their (entire) army first.

The vegies dad (1-2) v. Finn (1-2) pool of armies is:
* Quahon, Fyorlag Spiders x4, Estivara
* Nilfheim, Greenscale Warriors x2, Eltahale
* 10th Regiment of Foot x3, Sujoah, Eldgrim the Viking Champion, Isamu
* Phantom Knights x3, Cyprien Esenwein, Sonya Esenwein, Marro Warriors
vegies dad will decide who chooses their opponent's army first. After armies are picked, Finn decides who places their (entire) army first. Send PMs to vegietarian18 to schedule games with his dad.

The Dysole (1-2) v. ScapeRaider (1-2) pool of armies is:
* Augamo, Goblin Cutters x3, Isamu, Racheim
* Havech Eradicators x3, Major Q10, Marcu Esenwein
* Phantom Knights x4, Augamo, Marcu Esenwein
* Skeletons of Annellintia x3, Isamu, Iskra Esenwein, Kira Jax, Sonya Esenwein
ScapeRaider will decide who chooses their opponent's army first. After armies are picked, Dysole decides who places their (entire) army first.

The n00b (0-3) v. Heroscaper Guy (0-3) pool of armies is:
* Microcorp Troopers x3, Krav Maga Agents, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Hoplitron
* Nhah Scirh Cultists x3, Augamo, Kursus
* 10th Regiment of Foot x3, Sgt. Drake Alexander [RotV], Marcus Decimus Gallus, Marcu Esenwein
* Haduc, Venoc Warlord, Aubrien Archers x3, Kyntela Gwyn
n00b will decide who chooses their opponent's army first. After armies are picked, Heroscaper Guy decides who places their (entire) army first.

Old November 4th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
The Soundwarp SG-1 (1-2) v. awesomeunleashed (1-2) pool of armies is:
* Cyprien Esenwein, Zombies of Morindan x5
* Warriors of Ashra x4, Sgt. Drake Alexander [SotM], Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV]
* Microcorp Troopers x3, Braxas
* Mezzodemon Warmongers x7
awesomeunleashed will decide who chooses their opponent's army first. After armies are picked, Soundwarp SG-1 decides who places their (entire) army first.
Starting whenever Soundwarp shows up (probably about 10 minutes). I gave him his Ashra and he gave me my Mezzodemons.

Edit: I won. He moved up Raelin a bit too far on his first turn, which allowed my Mezzos to kill her pretty quickly. His Ashras put up a fight in the middle, but they only got me down to 6 Exo markers before he switched to Drake. Drake survived for several rounds of attacks, but just wasn't able to do enough damage with his meager pistol before going down. Soundwarp conceded after Drake died, with 4 Ashra left in his startzone. I had 8 Mezzos left.

Last edited by awesomeunleashed; November 4th, 2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old November 6th, 2013, 06:53 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Online 'Scape Season 10 - Round 4 Posted

10th Reg made short work of the protectors, eraguy surrendered after two rounds of play.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old November 7th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Just finished an absolutely crazy game with TheLegendaryIrishSword. I had Dwarves x3, Migol, Theracus and Heirloom, and he had Tomb Skeletons x3, Cyprien, Sonya, Warden, and the Marro Warriors. He led with the Marro Warriors, and I led with Theracus, Migol on his back, and took Valda with the mount and plopped Migol on the road right by it. Unfortunately, Theracus whiffed on the first attack of the game and died, so I never got the bonus. Migol took a wound too, but clobbered the Marro that killed Theracus as my Dwarves advanced. Migol died soon after that though, when Tomb Skeletons flanked him and he whiffed to a couple two skull rolls. The Dwarves gained some speed though, and started crushing some bones. Cyprien came out as the Tomb Skeletons numbers got low, and I played against him probably a bit too cautiously. I waited for a Wannok (which I forgot to roll for ), and finally got to surround Cyprien, but only got two wounds from the four attacks. Cyprien made a dash for Heirloom and got a wound, then fled and killed a few Dwarves to heal. In the meantime, my Dwarves put two wounds on Sonya and one the Warden, which made forgetting Wannok an even bigger deal since one of those would have been dead. I managed to kill Sonya later, but the damage had been done: the extra life that I essentially gave her allowed to stay alive long enough to boost a CT roll into killing a Dwarf. I also got Warden down, but my Dwarf numbers got dangerously low. Heirloom got an OM when he was a wound from death, and failed a 5v4 on Cyprien and was killed the next turn. One Dwarf tried to get a hit on Cyprien, but failed and died. The round ended with two Dwarves against a full health Cyprien. TLIS won initiative, and moved towards the center hill (since my two Dwarves were in his startzone after killing his cheerleaders). I maneuvered into range of Cyprien, but he took first strike and killed the Dwarf. But my final Dwarf ran up, and rolled 3/3 and TLIS whiffed! Cyprien, half dead, retaliated on OM3 but failed the attack and Chilling Touch roll. My Dwarf got one more attack before the round ended: three skulls again! Cyprien rolled a single shield, so it was all in initiative which I won, but had my attack blocked by the Vampire now clinging to the edge of his life. Cyprien barely failed a Chilling Touch roll and had his attack blocked, then the Dwarf rolled 2 skulls to finish Cyprien off. Crazy, miracle win for me after getting down so much early, but really well played by TLIS.

Last edited by vegietarian18; November 7th, 2013 at 09:58 PM. Reason: the matchup calculator says there was a 0.15% chance that dwarf kills cyprien
Old November 7th, 2013, 09:47 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Kevindola just took down my ninjas with my arrow gruts. Attack dice were awfully low for the both of us early on, and in the end I fell to progressive wannok wounds coming my way. Looks like I once again couldn't make it through the red zone into the play offs again. I'll keep an eye out for the next open tourney and do this again.
Old November 7th, 2013, 11:06 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

C$$ just beat me. The Knights and Cathars fought pretty much to a standstill, leaving things to the heroes. Drake cut his way through Othkurik and Raymond with 3 wounds to spare before polishing off the last two Cathars.

Cathars are terrible, why do people think they're good? (My Cathar army went 0/3 including both of my losses.)

stats:
Spoiler Alert!

That ends my playoff streak at 8 tournaments in a row. At least I won't lose in the playoffs!

Last edited by dok; November 7th, 2013 at 11:23 PM.
Old November 8th, 2013, 01:34 AM

C$$ knows what's in an order marker C$$ knows what's in an order marker

I eked out a victory against dok. I had first pick, and stuck him with the Cathar (what are they, 0 for 5 in the tournament now?):
Cathar spearmenx3, Raymond, Othkurik

dok countered by giving me my knight build:
KoWs x2, Finn, Eldgrim, Kira Jax, Drake "The Duck" Alexander

Here is a video recap of the game:
Season 10 Round 4: C$$ vs. dok

Going in, I felt like 3 things needed to happen for a shot at victory:
1. The KoWs needed to kill at least 8 Cathar.
2. The KoWs needed to prevent Othkurik from setting up a shadow lurk (and hopefully soften him up a bit)
3. The Duck needed to devour the souls of my poor viking champions.

All my wishes came true, and that left The Duck to slug it out with Raymond, Othkurik (less 1 hp), and a squad of Cathar. The game could have went either way, but my dice were better and The Duck prevailed.

Only 2 of 16 brace spears hit. But dok rolled a 15 for BS 3, maybe 4 times. The PRNG was just on my side tonight!

C$$
Old November 8th, 2013, 03:52 AM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Unfortunately for him C$$ will have to wait 3 seasons to be included in the top 10.

Great game.
Maybe dok should have spread his Cathars more in order to not get multiples engagement from Finn but not sure because this have pros and cons.
Small OM mistake at the end 1OM too soon on Raymond.

Well it looks like the yolo-viking tactic is a hardcounter to the Cathars. Great army building dok I would have fall into the trap.
Also Raymond is not really worth it for only 3 squads of Cathars that's why I did not run Cathars this season.

I still think the Cathars are really really good. If you take the 4xCathars+Raymond+Krav+Isamu (which I think is the juggernaut build for Cathars) it went 6-0.
I agree that my other build was not strong enough thought.

Old November 8th, 2013, 10:53 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I don't know if it is a "Mistake" for the Raymond OM too soon. Drake was tossing 7 attack dice, and C$ was frequently rolling 2 skulls with that attack. It is pretty nit picking in calling that OM on Raymond a mistake.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old November 8th, 2013, 12:16 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
Unfortunately for him C$$ will have to wait 3 seasons to be included in the top 10.
Heh. If he keeps this level of play up he might be in the Tournament of Champions.

Quote:
Maybe dok should have spread his Cathars more in order to not get multiples engagement from Finn but not sure because this have pros and cons.
Yeah, hard to say. I don't have any serious issues with my spear placements. If I hit a couple more braced spears it probably makes the difference in the game. One of my two hits was on Finn, which is much less useful. 1/11 on Knights? That's not getting it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Quote:
Small OM mistake at the end 1OM too soon on Raymond.
I don't know if it is a "Mistake" for the Raymond OM too soon. Drake was tossing 7 attack dice, and C$ was frequently rolling 2 skulls with that attack. It is pretty nit picking in calling that OM on Raymond a mistake.
Obviously a mistake in retrospect, but the chances of losing an OM there are fairly high if I go 123 on Othkurik. Also, if the dynamics of the round play out nearly any other way than they way they did, Drake is within Raymond's threat range. All in all, I don't think this was a predictable error.

I actually do think I made two OM mistakes, but not that one. My mistakes were:
  • Putting the third OM on Othkurik instead of the first OM on Othkurik the first time I activated him. There was a bunch formation around Finn on OM1 and I could have had a triple Acid attack. Plus moving him then would have allowed me to put him in a safe spot in the top right corner where he would have been harder to engage with knights.
  • Putting the third OM on Othkurik the next round. The chance of at least two spearmen making it to that OM was high enough that it was worth sticking all three on them.

These are the two biggest mistakes of mine that I've identified from that game.

Quote:
Well it looks like the yolo-viking tactic is a hardcounter to the Cathars. Great army building dok I would have fall into the trap.
I was definitely hoping to get a game with you.

C$$ said he built his knight army based on my posts about the Cathar counter. I suppose I could have given him Jotun but I'm not sure it turns out any better as Jotun can also eat braced spear hits, plus he can toss a spearmen into his Dreadguls to avoid more braced spears.

The worst option was definitely my knight army - it's an even harder counter, with Raelin and Thorgrim and Marro Warriors for the spirit. (I played against it with Spearmen in HoB, because that format favors the spearmen more, and I still lost.) Still, C$$'s build works well, with Drake being immune to reach and able to pistol away if he doesn't feel like risking braced spear.

Quote:
Also Raymond is not really worth it for only 3 squads of Cathars that's why I did not run Cathars this season.
Well, I mean, it's a 16 figure limit, right? So 4 squads is a nonstarter. You gotta do something with the points. Cathars x3 + Raelin + Q10 is stronger (or Wanderer's Zelrig build, even), but it's bring 2 and I don't want to face that.

It's not like the build I chose is a weak build. Playing against a mirror image of myself, I think I can beat more than half of the armies in the event with Spearmen x3 + Raymond + Othkurik.

Quote:
I still think the Cathars are really really good. If you take the 4xCathars+Raymond+Krav+Isamu (which I think is the juggernaut build for Cathars) it went 6-0.
Yeah, that's good. I can counter it, but mostly with degenerate awesome stuff. So, you know, don't build that for bring 2.

Quote:
I agree that my other build was not strong enough thought.
Yeah, your armies in season 9 looked like a pure "trap" pair to me. The 10th have a good reputation for a reason, but they are sneaky-terrible against the Cathars because melee defense and bayonet are both pretty useless. You're basically playing with 4 more range and 2 less defense than your opponent, which is not a good trade-off. Plus you had to deal with the Krav, which keeps you from podding up and taking advantage of the Marcus attack bonus.

Last edited by dok; November 8th, 2013 at 12:39 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events