Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old January 17th, 2013, 01:33 AM

Emolink 951 Woo who?
Re: Hunger Games Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkachu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emolink 951 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
idk if custom terrain is necessary, but maybe just have a look for the arena before the game starts, and then the gamemaker, rather than building the board over the course of the game, changes it. Its less flexible, and allows for less drastic changes to the environment, but it might be more in the spirit of the books, especially considering Katniss' strategy.
hm. well basing a battlefield off of the first arena is a bit tricky, as it would be hard to map it all out. the third quarter quell might be a bit easier to attempt
Agreed. Although we could test it with a huge forest-y map. I'll do two separate tests; flat board and forest/hills/river board.
if you have the right pieces, you could make any arena you wanted. if not though (like me^^) it might be best to stick with the basic forest idea
I don't have much either, but I can substitute pillars for trees if I run out. And they can be taken off as the map changes anyway, so it probably won't be too much of a problem.
you used mutts in your playtesting? howd that go, and howd you make them work?

There were mutt squads that we gave Badru Wolf stats, and mutt heroes who were wolves with 4 lives and a Drow poison damage ability (we called it "slashing claws", but it worked like poison blade) added onto their Badru abilities. Did you have an actual design for them? That'd be better.
just the idea that since they were based off of dead tributes, that when a tribute died, you gained a wolf mutt to place on the field

So tell me, what DOES the inside of your mouth taste like? .-.
Old January 17th, 2013, 01:40 AM

Porkachu is surprisingly tart

Quote:
just the idea that since they were based off of dead tributes, that when a tribute died, you gained a wolf mutt to place on the field
I dig it. I'll include that in the tests.
Old January 17th, 2013, 01:43 AM

Emolink 951 Woo who?

Quote:
Quote:
I dig it. I'll include that in the tests.
hum. also try this rule: after 5 rounds, the game maker may throw a feast at the cornucopia. and maybe a few rule changes like: you and one other tribute may win or soemthing along those lines

Edit: if 5 rounds is too soon, make it more

Old January 17th, 2013, 01:49 AM

On a flat board, maybe, but on the forest map 5 is probably good. I'll try 7 on the flat one.
Old January 17th, 2013, 01:51 AM

Emolink 951 Woo who?

Quote:
On a flat board, maybe, but on the forest map 5 is probably good. I'll try 7 on the flat one.
add some overhands for caves to make some shelter in, rivers, trees, umm... also im now fully intrigued about making your own tribute eventually o.o

Old January 17th, 2013, 02:48 AM

samthegoat knows what's in an order marker samthegoat knows what's in an order marker

So I'm assuming the tribute making will be based on Kaiyu's 'Heroes of 'Scape'? I've played with them rules a few times and they work real well, so check them out if you haven't yet! Also, the Cornucopia is coming along well, I've got all the templates ready, but obviously they might get changed. It won't be 100% movie-accurate, but so far it really captures the geometric shape pretty well. I'm not sure how long it'll take, but I'll update here periodically!
Samthegoat
Old January 17th, 2013, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samthegoat View Post
So I'm assuming the tribute making will be based on Kaiyu's 'Heroes of 'Scape'? I've played with them rules a few times and they work real well, so check them out if you haven't yet! Also, the Cornucopia is coming along well, I've got all the templates ready, but obviously they might get changed. It won't be 100% movie-accurate, but so far it really captures the geometric shape pretty well. I'm not sure how long it'll take, but I'll update here periodically!
Samthegoat
While working on them, it actually occurred to me that, given the similarities between my ideas and his system, it would be ten times easier to just use his rules. I've used it before and its brilliant. But I want this to have its own feel, so I avoided making it like his system.

Which is why, actually, I'm having such a hard time including non-weapon abilities. I think spending points to get them would be the best, most efficient way of going about it, but I really want to avoid copying his system. I really can't think, so far, of a more versatile way.
Old January 18th, 2013, 01:32 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmcminis View Post
Interesting ideas here. I did a simple write up of Katniss for my teenage daughter who loved the books. You can see it in my Classic customs thread. (link in my signature).
i cant seem to find it o: but thanks for the feedback^^
I think it is just a text write up on the last page of the thread. I havent made a card for her yet.
Old January 19th, 2013, 02:36 PM

Emolink 951 Woo who?

udpates on playesting and the cornocopia?

Old January 19th, 2013, 03:02 PM

samthegoat knows what's in an order marker samthegoat knows what's in an order marker

I haven't worked on the cornucopia today or yesterday, as its been snowing where I live! But once we get to 'sad grey slush' level, I'll get back on it!
Old January 21st, 2013, 12:36 AM

Emolink 951 Woo who?

awesome, i need someone to make some cards for these

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards