Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old July 30th, 2017, 01:18 PM
"like" happy

TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

I'll work up a template for the playing card sized monster reference cards and I plan on doing reference cards for the spells in the expansion books(as those spells were not on BGG when I printed off the ones that were on there) I also plan on making up a blank sheet for the random creature encounters and a reference sheet for treasure and what not else to laminate. I would like that better than referencing the book for all of it.
Here's a fun Idea to fill up a blank creature encounter sheet:
Each player rolls a D20 somewhat like initiative. Then the highest roller starts first by picking a creature of their choice, then the other players do the same in order until the sheet is full.
Old July 30th, 2017, 01:21 PM
"like" happy

TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun

If your players pick the characters that are crazy to deal with and they aren't leveled to deal with them, they'd better start running away.
Old July 30th, 2017, 01:27 PM
"like" happy

It would even be fun to offer up treasure or xp for killing some of those hard to kill creatures, but I'm not there yet with the ideas on how to.
Old July 30th, 2017, 01:49 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I'll work up a template for the playing card sized monster reference cards and I plan on doing reference cards for the spells in the expansion books(as those spells were not on BGG when I printed off the ones that were on there) I also plan on making up a blank sheet for the random creature encounters and a reference sheet for treasure and what not else to laminate. I would like that better than referencing the book for all of it.
Each player rolls a D20 somewhat like initiative. Then the highest roller starts first by picking a creature of their choice, then the other players do the same in order until the sheet is full.
I don't know if it would help or not but there are a couple of folks that have made creature cards.

here

and

here

-
-
-

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old July 30th, 2017, 01:55 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Good idea.

There are certain creatures already in Frostgrave that can help in converting Scape figures. For example: there are sizes in Frostgrave that give +2 whenshooting at a large (or huge?) disignated figure. There may need to be even more so for some of the figures in Scape since there are some figures that will dwarf the largest figure in Frostgrave.

Quote:
If your players pick the characters that are crazy to deal with and they aren't leveled to deal with them, they'd better start running away.
True, though another player might be 3 levels higher than another player and have certain spells or magical items to deal with creatures that the other player doesn't have. Which can certainly be a fun part of wizard and warband building, however there can be a creep of power in this game, where one player can start rolling on XP'S and treasure and outclass the other players. So that can lead to a little imbalances if it gets carried away. So that is also something to keep in mind, because sure a player can run away if the big bad comes onto the table on their side, but that leaves more treasure for the other player.

Quote:
It would even be fun to offer up treasure or xp for killing some of those hard to kill creatures, but I'm not there yet with the ideas on how to.
There is a scenario called The Worm Hunts, and it gives the player that kills it 100xp's, so that's a starting point of sorts. The tricky thing with that, is that one player can put most of the damage on the creature, but another player puts the final couple wounds on it and collects the XP'S. That nearly happened in my very first game, but I succeeded in casting a Fog spell to block LoS of an opponent's crossbowman so that he couldn't finish off the Giant Worm if I failed to do so on my turn.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 30th, 2017, 07:06 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Quote:
I don't know if it would help or not but there are a couple of folks that have made creature cards.

here

and

here

-
-
-
While I like that there are some done. The first set have some symbols on them that I'm not sure what they mean, but they look ok. The second one is more of the approach I'd like to take, but those graphics are not what I would like. I will hopefully have some time tonight to put something together on my computer in photoshop. I am going to make them for all the legit monsters in frostgrave, as well as other custom ones for scape monsters not covered by the generic beastiary lists in the game manuals.
Old July 30th, 2017, 07:25 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

2nd one seems cool layout wise. For me, I don't even need graphics.

Old July 30th, 2017, 08:35 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
While I like that there are some done. The first set have some symbols on them that I'm not sure what they mean, but they look ok. The second one is more of the approach I'd like to take, but those graphics are not what I would like. I will hopefully have some time tonight to put something together on my computer in photoshop. I am going to make them for all the legit monsters in frostgrave, as well as other custom ones for scape monsters not covered by the generic beastiary lists in the game manuals.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the graphics on the second one either. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old July 30th, 2017, 09:34 PM
Prickly Cactus

Here's a really cool beastiary that someone did on BGG, adding new creatures. It's a downloadable file. Check out the one from March 28th, as it's the latest version.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/1...ere-fight-them

Old July 30th, 2017, 11:03 PM
"like" happy

I printed that out as well. Its pretty cool. I still want to make heroscape monster characters for frostgrave too.
Old July 30th, 2017, 11:33 PM
Prickly Cactus

Of course, Heroscape stuff would be awesome too.

Old July 31st, 2017, 10:12 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Of course, Heroscape stuff would be awesome too.
It would give me a chance to put them on the table again. I haven't really played heroscape since the last tournament I went to except one time turning new players onto it. Besides, with Heroscape figures there are already cards that have pictures on them that I can easily crop and paste onto my card for a monster encounter. With this being Heroscapers.com, there will be plenty of people that may want to try out frostgrave just to play with their old toys again.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures