Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old May 27th, 2012, 03:04 PM

Switch Woo who?
Looking to get started

Hello all, my name's switch and i'm new to the site. I've been looking to get into the game but there aren't many miniature's stores nearby. I was wondering where the best places online other than Ebay are to buy, a) Heroscape miniature's, b) C3G miniature's, and c) Terrain piece's all reasonably cheap. The main thing i need though is terrain, so please post links or references to the site's you use to get your Heroscape fixes. Much appreciated.

-Switch
Old May 27th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Christmas Custom Contest Champion

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Looking to get started

a&c, maybe b, all fall under Auggie's domain.

He is generally regarded as quite fair, and he is a member of this site. he has pretty much everything, sans a few of the more rare pieces.

2 time winner of the Gencon Team Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Special Attacks are severely modified by death.
Trade Thread Selling most of my collection!
Old May 27th, 2012, 03:30 PM

Switch Woo who?

Thanks for the help! He shall be expecting some incoming orders.
Old May 27th, 2012, 03:31 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If you need terrain, then you need Master Sets, with the original Rise of the Valkyrie having the most pieces out of any set.

Won't be cheap, as Master Sets tend to sell for more than $50 U.S. on ebay.

Another good place to look would be craigslist.

For individual terrain pieces, or game mats with hex grids, check out Auggies (custom mats are a great way to get something to play on for very cheap).

Now is the time to also get lots of the most recent Waves as far as figures while they are available. These are the last of what was in the factory and they are going at blow out prices (Wave 1, maybe Wave 8 still, definitely Waves 11-13). If it hasn't been made clear yet, you want multiples of common squads, hence the reason for getting more than just one of everything. Look for these Waves at Auggies, Miniature Market, etc.

Good luck and enjoy.

Old May 27th, 2012, 05:15 PM

Switch Woo who?

Thanks again. Are the shipping rates from Auggie's reasonable? Being in canada, and assuming that his operations are based out of the U.S. just wondering what a ball-park price would be? I tried the shipping calculator on the site, but it didn't work.
Old May 27th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
Thanks again. Are the shipping rates from Auggie's reasonable? Being in canada, and assuming that his operations are based out of the U.S. just wondering what a ball-park price would be? I tried the shipping calculator on the site, but it didn't work.
In the U.S., it's a flat $3.50. Outside, you'd have to ask him, it depends on how much it costs him to send it. If you spend more than $100, you get free shipping (at least in the U.S., pretty sure it's outside too...). Pretty cheap compared to what I've seen everywhere else...

Old May 28th, 2012, 12:11 AM
A cool title

shafizele is surprisingly tart

I'm in nanaimo (BC) and it's $15 for a decent sized box of terrain and figures. Although i spent nearly $100 last shipment, so it would be less if you didn't order huge chunks of terrain or copious amounts of figures.

Whatever you do, DO NOT read this, it's completely pointless.
Old May 28th, 2012, 08:16 AM

Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
Hello Switch,
Auggie here,
Our international shipping is done a bit differently than most. Just shoot me an email and I'll send you exactly how it works. In a nut shell though, you will pay EXACTLY what it costs us in postage +$2. Terrain can get a bit expensive to ship though Canada isn't too bad.

On another note, be sure to check out our "BEGINERS SET" on ebay. It's more or less everything in the original first starter set (ROV) and includes our custom 3 x 5 foot base level (grass) mat. On Ebay we sell it for $80. It's one of a very few items I don't sell on our normal website. The you can search for it on ebay using the auction number 350569661164 to get a good look with pics and such. I made these sets especially for new people to get into the game. If you would like one of these off our website email me and I can send an invoice and knock off $10 (which is about what we would save in ebay fees).

One final piece of advice. A couple months back, WotC / Hasbro (the makers of the game) cleared out their warehouse of what was left. It's still a great time to get very good prices on waves 1,11,12 and 13. These items are still working their way through the distribution chain but once gone cannot be replaced by sellers so prices will likely climb back up.

Welcome to Scape!
......Andrew

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Follow us on Facebook Auggies Games Store and Twitter @auggiesgames
Old May 28th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I know dok posted an awesome starters guide to Heroscape.
I can not locate it atm. I will keep searching.
Welcome to the craze. For C3g (mostly HeroClix figures)E-Bay is not a bad choice if you buy large lots. Many end up being less then 50cents a figure. The main thing is knowing what you are getting in the lot and what you want.
I think you can still find the Marvel set for a decent price.Best of luck.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 28th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deroche View Post
[RotV] Won't be cheap, as Master Sets tend to sell for more than $50 U.S. on ebay.
And just to put this into perspective, throughout the first Master Set's production, it sold in stores for MSRP of $40.00, which, considering how much is inside a box, was an incredible bargain. Most of the sets were probably sold for $40.00, with Toys R Us having an occasional Buy One Get One Free sale, when people stocked up.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old May 28th, 2012, 08:11 PM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deroche View Post
[RotV] Won't be cheap, as Master Sets tend to sell for more than $50 U.S. on ebay.
And just to put this into perspective, throughout the first Master Set's production, it sold in stores for MSRP of $40.00, which, considering how much is inside a box, was an incredible bargain. Most of the sets were probably sold for $40.00, with Toys R Us having an occasional Buy One Get One Free sale, when people stocked up.
Old May 29th, 2012, 08:27 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I can vouch for Auggies shipping rates being extremely resonable. About a quarter of my collection has come through there.
Make sure you account for a good two weeks before the package arrives. I'm pretty sure it hits the border well within two days but then sits around in limbo for a while.

Just be patient and don't get frustrated. It will show up.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; May 29th, 2012 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Actually anything from the states takes about two weeks. It's almost like it's another country...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion