Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Notices

Old October 4th, 2010, 08:22 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Minecraft

Anyone else playing Minecraft?

Over the past two weeks I've been staying up all hours of the night watching play through movies on youtube. Last night I finally signed up, paid my $14, and downloaded it. One night and I'm hopelessly addicted. I actually considered calling in sick today in order to sit in front of the screen all day.

--

The game is in the alpha stage at this point, which is part of the reason for the cheap price. New things are costantly being added everyday.

It definitely not about graphics, as you'd swear the game is out of the mid-80s. It's all about game play.

Basically the entire world is made up of cubes and you have to go around and collect resources, craft tools, build fortifications, and batton down the hatches at night because that's when all the baddies come out (Creepers, Spiders, Zombies, Skeletons...).

Tons to explore as the world that is generated for you is 3x as big as the actual earth (scaled of course). Pretty much no way you could see it all.

Oh and did I mention dungeons? You have to do some mining if you want the more precious metals, but by diggin down you can also reveal places where the baddies live.

There's no way I can do the game justice, probably better to go to the Wiki page or just head over to youtube and watch one of the 1000s of videos.

--

I'm guessing this game is real hit or miss with people. You're either completely addicted (like me), or you think this is the dumbest thing in the world.

EDIT:
Corzan's Server info:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corzan View Post
NEW SERVER CONNECT INFO

Spoiler Alert!
Quote:
Originally Posted by more connect info from Corzan
Spoiler Alert!

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; June 23rd, 2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old October 4th, 2010, 03:21 PM

The Gate Keeper knows what's in an order marker The Gate Keeper knows what's in an order marker
Re: Minecraft

I am absolutely obsessed with this game. Its the only thing Ive really played in like a week. I've been playing on a multiplayer server set up on another form. Where we have our own town with an economy and king and everything set up. If anyone is interested I could try and set up a server for you
Old October 4th, 2010, 11:32 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Wow, you can really lose four hours quickly playing this game. Was watching the Pats, and then it was over...

-insert signature here-
Old October 5th, 2010, 08:49 AM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker

I just signed up for Minecraft on Sunday. The landscape is very Heroscape-esque. For the first time in a long time, I wasn't obsessing about Heroscape, but instead how I could avoid monsters at night, building a refuge, and get more ore.

EXTREMELY addicting game...

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.
Old October 5th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

must... resist... too much... to do...

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 5th, 2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokol View Post
I just signed up for Minecraft on Sunday. The landscape is very Heroscape-esque. For the first time in a long time, I wasn't obsessing about Heroscape, but instead how I could avoid monsters at night, building a refuge, and get more ore.

EXTREMELY addicting game...
Yeah, while at work yesterday I found myself thinking about what I was going to do to my house, how I need to collect food, make some armor and get my mine going so I could collect more coal and get some iron. This is bad... in a good way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyScaper View Post
must... resist... too much... to do...
nyys, making wives mad across the US.

-insert signature here-
Old October 5th, 2010, 12:23 PM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

I had an awesome tower built on an awesome formation of land, and I was building a spectacular castle. Then ,y game crashed and deleted the world, and I kind of lost interest. Might start a new world again soon though.
Old October 5th, 2010, 01:22 PM

Yeah, since it's in alpha stage the game saves can be lost (says somewhere in the fine print).

-insert signature here-
Old October 5th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Full scale Minecraft NCC-1701D Enterprise

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old October 5th, 2010, 01:30 PM

-insert signature here-
Old October 5th, 2010, 03:42 PM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Full scale Minecraft NCC-1701D Enterprise
I guess it was just a matter of time. I'm a Star Trek fan. That is amazing!

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.
Old October 5th, 2010, 10:12 PM

The Gate Keeper knows what's in an order marker The Gate Keeper knows what's in an order marker

So is anyone interested in having a server for us to play together on? I'd set in up with the software and we'd have to use hammachi to avoid port forwarding issues but its alot simpler then it sounds.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games