Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old June 20th, 2022, 07:21 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Invisible Man - Design

I don't think any of that makes sense, no. So I'm in agreement that "figures with a ? special power" would only include special powers that are simply "?" or "?: _____", not anything that happens to have a ? in the title.

That's the logic we've been using thus far, fwiw. Regardless, it's a bit strange to just have "?: _____" and it doesn't seem like that's the direction here regardless.

Have we explored all options beyond just using a power tag here? (haven't followed this since its inception, so just curious how we got here)
Old June 20th, 2022, 10:44 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Having read the first two volumes, personally I didn't catch anything to do with a ? symbol. It may be present, but it feels like it would roughly akin to just using a spider symbol for spider-verse.

Most LXG stuff past the first few books takes place decades later and loses a lot of the Victorian characters. If there was a want to tie in later characters, I think that would come up on Mina's future design, maybe she could tie in Agents of the Crown as well as Unique Heroes with the class of Agent or something like that.

Seeing as we have workshopped these characters and this thread has been up for a bit, it feels a little late in the game to be shooting for something new like this (although I know I'm not one to talk).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Have we explored all options beyond just using a power tag here? (haven't followed this since its inception, so just curious how we got here)
Essentially, Class and Personality vary too wildly for the characters on the team for call-outs, and a power tag would keep them much more close knit than her throwing markers out or some general team assist like that. I think that's most of the ground covered, I wouldn't mind hearing other options, but this is probably the most solid bet.
Old June 20th, 2022, 10:57 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Updated the SP.
Old June 20th, 2022, 11:11 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Fwiw, the thread was up for 3 days before it got put on hold until today, with some admission that maybe things weren't quite as fleshed out as ideal to start the thread yet, and we haven't even hit any testing yet. So I wouldn't say we're too far along, really, to be discussing all options.

That said, I don't fully know what all this faction is to entail and the ultimate goal/planned out synergy you have, so I can't really give much as of yet until I do. I just know there's some push back on how often we're relying on power tags now vs. using more conventional faction building methods like we've done until the Spider-Verse stuff.

Not saying it's inherently a bad thing, to be clear, just that I don't know if we want to be shifting towards using power tags as the go to/as often. There's still some charm in having designs cross over outside of just their own faction, as was primarily the case for us in the past. For example, the Fantastic Four just having a Fantastic Four: power tag for the 4 of them, rather than the Adventurer and Scientist class hook, may not have been the most fun route to take? Same for the Avenger markers etc.

Just some food for thought, that's all. I'll see if I can do some looking at what is planned to form a better opinion on the matter.
Old June 20th, 2022, 11:31 PM

Ok, read through this thread as well as a general idea of the faction.

2 potential other options come to mind. The first would be the Star-Lord approach and have them not match in class or personality = buffs, thus encouraging a mashup team, which is what they are. The 2nd would be to just have their buffs be what each other wants, directly making each person better. (think of how the Illuminati Avengers are all tied around initiative stuff, for example)

Just some ideas, not saying it has to go those routes or that the power tag isn't acceptable.
Old June 21st, 2022, 10:45 AM

Thanks Arkham, always appreciated.
I'll stew over those options while I wait for more responses to the most recent design to roll in.
Old June 21st, 2022, 01:08 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I would explore the Star-Lord style option if that is viable.
Old June 21st, 2022, 02:24 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Design looks great Splash!

Mulling over some options for tags, you could use Secret Service, Crown Agent, or Murray Group. Reading the wikis Murray Group seems to be a name that's brought up frequently and encompasses the teams she ran, but might not be the best name if you want to do non-Murray Leagues.

I agree with the others that I don't see why "?" wouldn't worked if you wanted that, but also that it's a very short name to go with. Would be a neat reference to add in some way though, seems to me that there's a lot of question mark motifs throughout the comics.

Reading through your other League designs, the Star-Lord approach with class and personality that others have mentioned would be fun, especially if you keep Mina as a Leader to avoid Star-Lord being almost a must draft, though Rocket might be a must have unless you add a species limit or put Fearless on someone. Though Nemo would need a class change as you have Scientist for Jekyll as well.

Another option could be to go the White Canary route with no shared powers and limit it to Humans and Mutates (unless other characters in the series would use other species too?). Each of the characters seem to have unique powers with only Hyde having one of the two symbols.
Old June 21st, 2022, 02:41 PM

Nobody actually mentioned it would be cool to get an all around Victorian Era tag for late 1800s and Penny Dreadful style characters. That way we could get folks like Sherlock Holmes and maybe Dracula, and hopefully even Assassin's Creed Syndicate characters down the road.

Last edited by Splash; June 21st, 2022 at 06:03 PM.
Old June 21st, 2022, 02:43 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What if you left box classed them all Gentleman, then? It'd be like the JSA with Mystery Men.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 21st, 2022, 02:45 PM

If we were to abandon the Powertag, I could see a Star-Lord callout for different Classes and Personalities. The that combined with the League members wanting initiative and then Mina giving a large boost for each one based on the Star-Lord pull for each Unique Hero in the army.

Last edited by Splash; June 21st, 2022 at 06:04 PM.
Old June 21st, 2022, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
What if you left box classed them all Gentleman, then? It'd be like the JSA with Mystery Men.
Hmm, that would definitely work for Holmes, intriguing idea.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library